*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898610-The-Story-of-Dixon
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Young Adult · #1898610
story about a boy that gets Involved with a bad group of kids.
How was school Dixon? Said Cindy.

Good I met new people today mom. Said Dixon.

What are their names Dixon? Said Cindy.

Their names are Drew and Dwayne. Also can Dustin come over mom? Said Dixon.

Yea I guess he can but I have to go to the store so you two better be good. I don’t want my house trashed ether Dixon.

Okay mom we will be good.

You better be! Last time you guys destroyed the house. What time is Dustin getting here Dixon?

He is getting here around five. What time will you be home mom?

I’ll be home around nine-thirdy Dixon see you then bye.

Okay bye mom.

Dustin gets to my house and Dustin and I go for a walk to meet up with drew and Dwayne.

Hey drew what’s up want to hang out.

Who is this kid with you Dixon? Said Drew.

This is my best friend. His name is Dustin.

Nice to meet you Dustin. Said Drew and Dwayne.

Dixon can I talk to you alone? Said Dustin.

Yea sure you can Dustin. What is it?

I don’t think them two are good kids Dixon.

Oh it’s okay Dustin they are good kids.

Well I’m going to go home if you are going to hang out with them Dixon. Said Dustin.

Why Dustin? Your a baby there not even bad Dustin just stay and have fun.

No! Dixon I’m going home bye.

Whatever Dustin bye have fun at home you baby.

What was that all about? Said Dwayne.

Oh nothing he is just a big baby and thinks you are bad kids. He just never wants to hang out with people he thinks are bad.

Oh well do you want to come with us Dixon? Said Dwayne.

Sure I have to be home by nine though. My mom would flip if I wasn’t there.

Okay you will be home by then for sure Dixon. Said Drew.

Okay well let’s go guys. Said Drew.

Where we going any way drew? Said Dwayne.

We are going to my house to get something. Then we are going to the park.

When we got to Drew’s house his mom and dad where fighting so we left and went straight to the park. When we got there I meet a guy that Drew and Dwayne knew his name was Don. Don was not a kid he was an adult that dropped out of school he gave Drew and Dwayne money to get food. Said Dixon.

He was one of my parent’s friends before my mom and dad started fighting. Said Drew.

Why did he stop being friends with them after they started fighting? Said Dixon.

He stopped being friends with them because my dad worked for him and my dad stopped going to work for him when they fought my dad would just drink and he stopped coming around. Said Drew.

What kind of work dose he do Drew? Said Dixon.

He is a gang leader.

A gang leader?

Yea he is a gang leader and me and Dwayne work for him.

How do you work for him?

Well I sell drugs for him and Dwayne makes and grows the drugs. Have you ever done drugs Dixon?

I have tried some before but nothing major.

Well Dixon what would you say if we asked you to help us sell? We need more people to sell the drugs. We are not making enough money.

I will have to think about it. I will let you know at school tomorrow.

Dixon just meet me here I dropped out of school yesterday.

Okay I will meet you here. What time is it Drew?

Its about eight-forty.

Okay well I better head home.

Okay don’t forget about tomorrow.

I will remind myself and will not forget.

Okay see you then bye Dixon.

Bye  Dixon. Said Dwayne.

Bye guys see you tomorrow. As I walk home I think what should I do I want to help and sell I could make easy money. There is the chance of getting caught though but I think I might help them. I get home at nine- twenty right before my mom walked in. when she came in she had her hands full of bags with food. I went to help her bring everything in.

Thank you Dixon. Said Cindy.

No problem mom I’m glad to help.

Well you better get to bed soon Dixon you have school in the morning.

Okay mom, good night.

Night Dixon.

When I woke up that morning I was so tired. I went to school and like Drew said he was not there but Dwayne was. I ran over to Dwayne and asked him why he still was here and why didn’t he drop out like Drew did.

We need to get more people and this is how we do it. What about you Dixon you going to join are gang and help sell or not?

Well Dwayne I’m still thinking about it but I think I might help and sell for you guys. I do make money doing this right?

Yea you make twenty-five percent of what you sell.

Okay well I will see you after school.

Okay see you later Dixon.

Hey wait are you going to be with Drew when we talk?

Ya. Why Dixon?

Well come get me before you go to meet him at the park.

Okay I will Dixon. Where do you live aging?

I live at 1700 Fourth Avenue on State Street.

Okay I will be there at six be ready.

Okay I will be.

Later around five I started to get ready and at six Dwayne was at my door. I left with him and we when to the park and meet with Drew.

Drew how was selling today? Asked Dwayne.

It was good I sold five hundred dollars worth. How was recruiting?

It was good I got two kids that I think would join.

Okay well then that’s good, so Dixon are you going to join and help us sell?

Yes I am Drew I thought about it all day and I need the money and I’m ready to sell and help out.

Well that’s good now let’s go you have to meet the boss.

We walked through dark alley ways for what it felt like miles. Then finally we go in a building and up ten flights of stairs. We go in a room with ten people with guns are just standing around the boss.

Hello there Dixon Drew told me a lot about you today and I am glad you are willing to help and be in the gang with us. Said Don.

What does being in this gang mean like everyone look out for each other? I already know everyone has their part like Drew he sells Dwayne he makes the drugs and recruits people to be in the gang. Said Dixon.

Yes you are correct everyone looks out for everyone and yes they do do that there are many more people that do the same thing. They are located everywhere in the county. The starting out all you do is recruiting and if you recruit one person you go into selling and learn how to make the drugs. So when you are in school tomorrow you have to try and recruit someone. Said Don.

Okay I will try and recruit someone and I will report to you tomorrow after to let you know how it is going on recruiting. Said Dixon

No I want to report to me when you have someone willing to join. Said Don

Okay will do sir. I thought to myself that I was doing good I had friends and was happy in the gang with them but selling the drugs on the street at night was going to be scary.

Dixon I will help you try to recruit someone tomorrow at school. I will try to teach you everything I know. Said Dwayne.

I walked in to school and found Dwayne me and him went and he showed me how to recruit people. It’s not that hard to do just finding the right people. I recruited 3 people that day at school.

Great job Dixon your moving up to selling now is better then recruiting. Said Don.

Thanks Don I am really excited to sell but I don’t want to do it alone.

I understand Dixon I will send Drew with you. Now go get your supply off of Dwayne. Said Don.

Okay I will thanks Don. Do you know where Dwayne is?

He is at the play ground with Drew.

Thank you aging. As I go to the park I think what is my supply going to be what drugs. What would they do if I tried some of it? I want to sell and get money but I want to try the drugs. What if I try them and pay for them? I wonder they wouldn’t lose money so I could they would never know. I’m almost to the park and I see Drew and Dwayne walking back to there house. Hey Dwayne Don told me to get my supply form you so I can start selling.

Okay Dixon I will have them ready in an hour make sure you don’t get got by anyone.

Okay I will be careful Dwayne. Also Drew you are so post to go with me to sell.

Okay Dixon I will go with you to sell meet me here at nine o-clock.

Okay Drew see you then. It’s around six when Dwayne calls and tells me the drugs are ready. I meet with Dwayne around seven to get the drugs.

Here you go Dixon make sure you take it all when you go to sell with Drew.

Okay I will Dwayne. What is the most drug people buy? 

Most people buy the pills.

Okay thanks Dwayne. I am heading back to my house and I think to myself maybe I could try some. I could pay him back it will be okay. I get home and lay everything out on my bed there is more then a thousand dollars worth of drugs here. Then I see the pills they are labeled and ten dollars a peace. They are a lot I want to try one though. I take one of the pills and as soon as I do I start to see different things and lots of colors. I end up not going to sell with Drew I when too school though.

Dixon why didn’t you go to sell with Drew Don is very mad at you. What do you have to say for yourself?

I tried on of those pills and I passed out after I took it and didn’t wake up till a little bit ago.

Dixon I’m telling Don about this you better show up or he will come and get his drugs and use force.

Okay calm down I will be there. Dwayne went and told Don but I didn’t show up at the meeting. It has been three days since the meeting. Then I heir knocking at the door and someone screams we are here for Don’s drugs let us in or we will shoot. But I took more drugs then just the one and if they found out they would kill me. I try to climb out the fire escape and when I get to the bottom the men shoot. I got shot three times and went to the hospital all I think of is when I got to the bottom of that fire escape. I am fine now but that day changed my life. I am now in college for and decree in being a doctor. I haven’t tried drugs or even been around people that do them I am free of everything and I have a great life. I think back to that day sometimes and think that day made me a better person. I think some times of what if I would of got away I would still be doing the same stuff as before and I was stupid for doing them. I couldn’t realize that then but I do now though. I will never go back to that kind of life.



The End

© Copyright 2012 bart dunlap (tyler2236 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898610-The-Story-of-Dixon