*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898653-An-alien-menace-returns
by nick
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1898653
a boy and his friends try to save the world from aliens only to find out they want him.
I couldn’t sleep the night before the day everything went wrong. It was a humid August night around midnight. I sat up; darkness was all I could see. The only light was the glow of the alarm clock beside my bed. By this time it was already 2:00am. I felt a cold drip of sweat or water fall to my chest. At the same time it felt like drool. I couldn’t tell which it was. An extremely dizzying sensation came over me and I was down. I passed out or was knocked out but I woke up with a smile on my face for some odd reason.
“Tenchi, breakfast is ready, hurry up!” a voice came from downstairs. This is what usually woke me up every morning. I thought to myself this day would be fun. Little did I know of the huge adventure awaiting me.
“I’m coming father, just a second,” I shout back down. I could already smell the bacon and eggs from my room, but there was another smell. I couldn’t explain it but I knew what it was. I bolted downstairs as fast as I could, I was famished.
“Eat up,” said my dad with a smile. “Your sensei called, you don’t have a lesson today, got any plans?” he said hoping for a no.
“I was planning on hanging out with Little Man, why?” I say remembering a dream I had last night. “Dad I had a strange dream last night...” I can tell I sound upset.
“Tell me, it’s bothering you,” Said my father trying to cheer me up.
“There was this weird creature from another planet and he threatened to kill all my friends and family but I’ve been having this dream ever since mom left us,” My eyes get all watered up.
“Tenchi, I am terribly sorry but, that was not a dream,” Dad said and we both started to cry.
I ran out the door trying to forget the horrible thing I just heard and I start to go to Little Man’s house. I was about to round the corner to his house when I heard something, someone. It was crying, but whom. I knew the person but I couldn’t tell who it was. I look around and see them sitting behind a tree holding some other person. When I get over to the tree a knot grows in my stomach.
“Chelsea, what happened?” I ask gently.
“I woke up and found my mom out here by the tree on the ground so I came outside and she was lying on the ground, dead,” She says through flying tears. The lifeless body looks more like a burnt Barbie doll or action figure. Every time I look at it, my stomach turns even more.
“I think she got stabbed by a bent pitchfork or three swords,” Chelsea jumped up and hugged me, crying, never letting go. The stab was in a “v” shape and definitely was not a pitchfork or a sword. The impale was the same width all the way through.
“I will call an ambulance. Let me see your phone?” Chelsea asked so politely.
“An ambulance can’t do anything now babe, she’s already gone,” I say as I check the grown woman’s pulse for some strange reason. “Come with me. She’s in a better place now,” I say, slowly starting to panic. Chelsea and I walked over to Little Man’s house and I knock, but nobody was home. I start to think they were killed too. But Little Man came home right when we were about to leave.
“Hey guys, what’s up?” said Little Man, unaware of Chelsea’s situation.
“Both of my parents died this morning,” Chelsea said starting to bawl again.
“Wait both of them are dead, I thought just one died!!” I scream.
“Yes, why, is there something wrong?” Chelsea got really upset.
“It’s a long story, I will tell you when we get to the hideout,” I say getting extremely worried. Chelsea quickly snatched my hand and I could feel her warm essence as we walked. While we walked to the hideout, nobody asked questions. Nobody even talked. All you heard was the clacking of their shoes to the ground.
By the time we made it to our hideout, it was only noon. It was a huge fort made out of drywall from when all of our dads worked at Lowes. Inside there were two couches making a corner in the middle of the room. There was a television in front of the two sofas. Off to the right was a mini refrigerator filled with soda and food, and a microwave. We made the place when we were young and always hung out here. My favorite part is in the back room. When you walk in all you see is practice dummy after practice dummy. I had dad make this for me when I was only a toddler. This is where I train with my katanas and ninja stars. I became a professional at throwing stars when I was six years old. This is also where I train my karate when I am alone. I earned my forth degree black belt when I was 11 which was only four years ago. Now I got my fifth degree black belt. As soon as we sat down on the sofas I told them both about the night before.
“Quit messing with us, especially right after your girlfriend’s parents just died,” Chelsea shouted and hit me so hard it felt like she bruised both a muscle and a bone.
“He isn’t lying to you,” Came a voice from the doorway. “If he was lying he wouldn’t seem so terrified,” It said again. All three friends looked to see another one of their friends, Brad Barez. He slowly walked in to the room.
“Have you been following us this whole time?” I spoke with soft words.
“Well I was in the trees. I guess I sort of followed you,” Brad chuckled. He started to smile but it wasn’t a happy kind of smile. It seemed more like he was in pain.
“Oh well I take it you heard my story then?” I ask louder than I meant to.
“Yes, and I also got the same message but I was also told the name of the race and the aliens name,” Brad frowned getting really serious now. “The race is called the ‘Ooblac’ and their leaders name is ‘Zorgrath’, but we could stop them,” Brad quickly added. After he said that all of us started training, even Chelsea. An hour passed and we heard some strange noise so we went outside. I guessed it right, a space pod. No human technology makes the noise that the pod made. The noise was a mixture of humming and hissing, after a loud screeching noise. It surprised me, I didn’t thing alien technology would even make a sound.
I grabbed a katana for each friend and we started running back to my house. As it would seem, the pod followed us. Brad and Little Man both ran home to warn their families. Chelsea and I took off toward my house and yet again the pod followed me. As I ran, I ran like a tyrannosaurus rex to cheer Chelsea up, also because I liked dinosaurs at the time. We burst through the front door of my house in a panic and my dad was at the table and asked what was wrong. We told him in quick words and he went to get the shotgun. “Dad, are you sure the shotgun will help, and do we even have ammunition for it, or even any gun at that matter. I smile at him with a little laugh but it was only briefly.
“We don’t have ammunition for them but we could hurry to the store and get some,” my dad must have really been angry because he growled after he said that. He told us to stay in the house and lock the doors. We had to call him if anything got to serious. As soon as my dad left the space pod left as well. Just then we heard a noise outside. The noise was a mixture of rustling and running. In a few seconds everything went quiet. I figured they left the premises. Right after I thought that, there was a knock at the door. I looked out the window and Chelsea went to hide upstairs. I run to the door because I realize it is Brad. An hour passed, my dad wasn’t back yet and Little Man hadn’t shown up either. Suddenly Chelsea starts to scream. I bolted upstairs so fast; I couldn’t even feel my feet touch the ground. The screams got louder and longer until I busted in to my room. Something had her. I couldn’t see its face, or it had no face but it was going to kill her.
“Let go of her and you won’t get hurt! I mean it, let her go NOW!” I start getting extremely mad. Just then I remember I had my katana and I whip it out. I see her beautiful brown eyes change a tint of green and she starts tearing up. I ran so fast toward the alien that time felt like it stood still. The sword penetrates it and the monster screeches like a lobster in boiling water. Then something takes Chelsea into the space pod. “No, why her. Take me instead.” I fall to my knees crying. Brad came running in with Little Man. “I was to late. They took her,” I cry so much more.
“Hey, calm down, you tried your best. We will get her back, I promise,” they both say simultaneously. They ran up to me and tried to cheer me up but nothing worked. I just lost my girlfriend. Tomorrow would have been a whole year since we started dating. I couldn’t lose her now. Little Man runs to the window and tries to tell me that my dad is home but I don’t care, I just want her back. I’m so mad that I pick up my television, which is huge, and throw it at my wall and the TV and wall shatter.
“What happened,” my dad says walking in looking at me and the huge mess from the wall and TV. “Where’s Chelsea at,” he asked and at the mention of her name I snap on him. I never yelled at him or anyone like that before. I felt so horrible. All my dad does is, just stand there staring blankly. “We have to save her son,” he says again trying to get me off the subject.
“No, I have to do this alone,” I say, standing up clenching my fists. I am ready to destroy anything in my way.
“Tenchi, I’m coming with you,” Brad jumps up and puts a hand on my shoulder.
Little Man quickly joins in, “Same with me!” grabbing my other shoulder.
My only reply is “fine, just don’t get in my way,” But I say it with a hint of a smile. We run downstairs and out the door. Even my dad followed me. I guess he is starting to like Chelsea now. That or he is just doing it to make me happy. We start to run back to the hide out but I see something land in the field across the train tracks. “The space pod!” I shout running toward the tracks. Everyone looks at each other and they just follow me. A whole bunch of space pods start landing across the tracks but I still keep running. Just then a giant ship lands. I have a feeling that it is the “mother ship”.
I make it over to the fields and I spot the alien with Chelsea. While I run toward that specific alien a bunch of other aliens come out of their pods. “Just keep going, we will fight them, get your girl,” Brad yells clashing his katana to an aliens brute weapon. I keep running but I look back every so often thinking if I should help them. Then I remember Brad is a fifth degree black belt also and Little Man is an expert swordsman. One alien jumps on my dad and I stop ready to run back. I know the alien is going to the mother ship. When I stop I see a quick slice through the alien. There was only one person who I have ever known to do that. That person was my friend Marshle Buck. That’s exactly who it was to because he ran up and stabbed and alien who was about to kill me. Out of nowhere another alien comes up behind Marshle and I thrust my katana so hard and fast to the point that my arms are inside the alien. More and more keep coming like an all you can eat buffet, you know except for the eating part.
“Thank you Marshle,” I say. I run to the mother ship and he defends the entrance. I keep running past so many doors but it feels like I am going in circles. I catch a glimpse of something familiar and stop. It was in a room with the door cracked open. I looked in and opened the door slowly. “Mom” I say quickly. She was in this strange chamber filled with a clear liquid but I know the liquid wasn’t water. She was dead too, but I think they are trying to turn her into one of them. I run out the door and keep going around the ship. I come to a giant red door with glowing blue lines going all around it. I figure the symbol is the Ooblac race emblem.
I run through the door and see the leader, he had Chelsea tied up right behind him. She looks straight at me. She screams through the duct tape around her mouth and the alien looks straight at me.
It speaks in a language other than English and yet I can understand him. He said these exact words, “why are you here, you are to late, you will witness her death,” Just then I ran at him with my katana clenched tightly in my hands but he vanishes. “come on, child,” the leader says chuckling at me.
“Let her go, I mean it!” I get mad. And start to swing again but he blocked it with his finger. “Please, I’ll do anything. Just let her go,” I say and a tear leaves the corner of my eye. I fall to the ground but I am still angry. “Let her go now, or I will kill both me and you,” I shout again unaware of what I am saying. I look at Chelsea and she started crying because of what I just said.
“You want to know my reason for this, Tenchi?” Zorgrath spat. “Around two thousand years ago, your ancestors slayed my mother. Then I knew I had to have my revenge,” He said again. “They also killed my first born child!” He started getting extremely mad at me and decided to attack me for a change. Sadly for him, I blocked his attack and threw a ninja star at him. It skinned the right side of his face and he bled. It was strange, because his blood wasn’t a color, it was clear. “You are a worthy adversary even though you’re just a child,” Zorgrath panted. “I think I should tell you something.”
“Okay tell me,” I say out of confusion. I start to get nervous because I think I know exactly what he is going to tell me. “Are you going to say that, after you kill my family and friends, you are going to kill everyone on the planet and make me suffer,” I choke from laughing out of shear stupidity.
“Oh, no, not even close. I am telling you about my life,” The creatures whisper in my ear was like a deafening alarm for a nuke to go off. “When I was little I had a carefree life then, at the age of five hundred, yes I was still a toddler. Your ancestors came to my home planet and killed everyone I knew and loved. Then when I was one thousand I realized I needed to exact my revenge. Meanwhile, I had a child. That child was you. Your name is not really Tenchi, it is Grotak. Your mother was a human but when she also wanted to be married to a human after we had you. Then I was frozen in a cryogenic sleep chamber up until a few years ago. Then I thought, the only way I could talk to you was if I said I was going to harm someone around you.”
“Oh so that’s why I understand you. If you are my father, let her go and I will make you a trade,” I say finally understanding myself. He let her go and we decided that I would give him this artifact he gave me as a child and he would give me back Chelsea, he would make me full human, and he would give me this really cool alien laser gun. After that everything went back to normal. The only thing that changed was the fact that I was fully human. I had matured more, the Ooblac race was an ally to the earth, and the government knew that as well.
Chelsea, Brad, Little Man, Marshle, and I all hung out at the hideout every day. We trained as hard as we could I case something else happened, and ten years passed. Chelsea and I got married. We settled down and had two children. One boy and one girl. The girls name was Shyann and the boys name was Grant. Brad and I were both tenth degree black belts. We were the teachers of the best dojo in the whole galaxy. Little Man became our star pupil. He was a fifth degree black belt by the time he left the dojo. The whole thing that happened with the Ooblac was soon forgotten.
© Copyright 2012 nick (wolfpup7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898653-An-alien-menace-returns