*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898663-The-Cereal-Killer
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1898663
A boy has a corrupt life and is tired of everyone mistreating him and he freaks out.
Have you ever felt like no matter what you are doing or where you are at that you are being watched and judged? Everything I do is never good enough for anyone. My teachers say I am slacking off in school when I am trying my hardest to do something I just don’t understand.
When I get home from school there is my dad telling me that I need to be helping out more around the house with my little brother. My little brother Tyler is the most unpredictable little boy in the world. Some days when I get in the house he comes and jumps on my and is all excited to see me. Other days I will walk in the door and he will be there and be a little brat and do anything he can do to annoy me. He is in third grade and doesn’t understand much of what that has happened. Our mom died last year and dad didn’t know how to tell Tyler so he said she went on a long business trip.
Dad has been a mess without mom around and he is taking his anger out on me. He drinks nonstop and is always abusing me. He will walk in my room drunk and scream, “Dunkin you thief!” and belt me accusing me of stealing his money or whatever he has lost. I have always hated my father because he has never treated my right.
At school people are complete jerks and constantly bully me about than anything they can. This one guy named Greg Huff used to be my best friend back in elementary school. Now that we are in high school the kid has become my biggest bully. One day he walked up to me and said “Hey Dunkin heard about your mom. Heard she killed herself because she couldn’t stand to have wasted her life and had such a failure of a kid.” I couldn’t believe this kid would say that because he used to come over every day and just hang out. My mom would do anything that he asked her to do. Now this kid had the nerve to insult my mom and make fun of me. I don’t understand how someone could be like that.
So here I am sixteen years old no directions in life with pretty much nobody there to help me get through life. It is early October and school has been going on for about a month now and pretty much know where to go and where my classes are. I go to my locker to get my history book for my next class and then I see Greg at the locker next to mine talking to some girl who is wearing faded blue jeans and neon green tank top with the words Miami Beach across the front. I stop and ask myself if I should just forget about the book and just go to class. I decided that I would just get the book when I was going home and study at home. I started walking away towards Mrs. Ling’s history class. I have no clue why but halfway down the hall I turned around and decided to go back for my book.
When I got to my locker Greg hadn’t noticed that I was there so I started putting in the code for my lock. I opened my locker and got my book out and put in my bag. As I closed my locker Greg turned around and saw me. I looked over and saw him staring straight at me.
“Hey there Dunk! What is my little banana doing?”
The girl that he was talking to a minute ago thought this was hilarious and started to giggle.
I just ignored him and started to walk away. Then he grabbed my shoulder and said “Hey wait up I like your shoes did you mom buy them for you?”
I turned around and looked him straight in the eyes and said, “No Moms dead! I thought you would know this because she stopped calling you to tell you a bedtime story because you couldn’t fall asleep without it!”
This made the girl that he was talking to laugh hard she snorted and couldn’t breathe. Greg went red face.
“Yeah… Well… You… You are a looser and have no friends.”
I just walked away while Greg just stood there getting laughed at and yelled out stupid things to try make fun of me.
I got to Mrs. Ling’s class just before the bell rang. She watched me cross the room and take my seat. As I sat down she asked, “I see that this is your third time being late Mr. Doe.”
I replied, “I wasn’t late I came in before the bell.”
“You came wandering in as the late bell was ringing that is unacceptable. I will have to write you up for a detention.”
Dunkin: “What?! Are you serious this is bull! I came in as it was ringing in what world is that late?!”
Mrs. Ling: “are you talking back Mr. Doe? I hope not that would be an hour detention instead of only a thirty minute detention.”
Dunkin: “I wasn’t late! Are you seriously going to give me a detention for coming in a second before class? That is really a poor choice in my eyes.”
Mrs. Ling: “I suppose that a two hour detention is an inappropriate punishment for this action…”
Dunkin: “Thank you. You are the best…”
Mrs. Ling: “I suppose an in school suspension would make up for the time you missed.”
Dunkin: “Are you retarded you old hag!? I was not late! I made it before the late bell had started to ring!”
Mrs. Ling just stopped and picked up her phone and said “Please notify Mrs. Doe that her son will be suspended from school all of next week.” The person said something then Mrs. Ling replied, “Oh probably got tired of her son’s attitude and just couldn’t put up with anymore. Then just tell the proud father of Mr. Dunkin.” Then she hung up the phone and went back to checking papers.
I was so furious my face turned a solid red; my fists became tight fist, my teeth clenched so tightly that my cheeks were starting to hurt; all I wanted to do was walk up to her and punch her in the face! How could a teacher talk like that about a student and not get fired for it? That makes no sense to me. I just sat there for the rest of the class thinking of how nice it would be to watch this lady bleed out.
I left class so quickly the others didn’t even have their old worn out red civil war history books closed. I started heading to Spanish class and if I would have seen Greg I was going to flip out. Greg is a stereotypical jock he is good at sports but pretty much as dumb as a brick. He was pretty strong but I knew if I fought him I could probably win based on the amount of anger built up inside of me. I am pretty muscular myself but Greg lifts everyday for his precious sports. I don’t lift very often but I still stay pretty fit.
The rest of the day went by in a blur. I don’t remember a thing from Algebra class and I couldn’t paint a thing in art class. I was so mad I couldn’t believe what happened today. Between Greg and everyone just disrespecting my mom I am getting tired of everyone and just want to do something about it.
When I got off of the bus I ran straight into the house and made myself a honey ham and cheese sandwich and a glass of root beer. I sat down at the kitchen table and started eating it. I was almost done when my dad came in and said, “Why are you eating you know dinner is in two hours.”
I pretended that I didn’t hear him and shoved the rest of my sandwich in my mouth. I dumped the root beer in my mouth and stood up to put my glass in the sink. I put my glass in the sink and started to go up to my room. When I walked passed my dad he said, “You are going to have to watch your brother tonight. I am going to the bar tonight.”
I wasn’t in the mood to deal with him and just said a simple whatever and ran up to my room. When I got up to my room I slammed the door shut and collapsed onto my bed. I was so stressed about everything and just wanted everyone to die. I get up and got plug my IPod into the speakers I have for them. I turned the music as loud as it could go then got back in bed and let the music just fill my mind.
I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know Tyler is home and asking me what is for dinner. I looked at my alarm clock and it was 7:00 pm. I rolled over and swung my legs over the side of my bed. He came over in front of me and said, “Get out of bed lazy butt. You have the honor to prepare my meal.” I looked at him and wondered where he learned to talk like that. I put my hand on his head, messed up his hair, then threw him into my bed and got up. He smiled real big and stood up and jumped on my back for a piggy back ride.
We got downstairs and he jumped off my back and went over to the fridge and stood by the door jumping waiting for me. My dad doesn’t let us go in the fridge without asking. So I opened up the fridge and he poked his head inside and looked at what we had. I yawned and started telling him what he could have.
Dunkin: “We have hotdogs, burgers, pizza, chicken nuggets, and three day old meat loaf.”
Tyler: “I want spaghetti!”
Dunkin: “We don’t have spaghetti, Tyler. How about having pizza for dinner?”
Tyler: “But I want to have spaghetti.”
Dunkin: “Tyler we don’t have spaghetti. I think there is some ramen noodles in the pantry”
Tyler: “What is a pantry?”
Dunkin: “It is the food cupboard.”
Tyler: “Then why didn’t you just say that. Did you think I knew those fancy words?”
Dunkin: “You drive me crazy Ty!”
I turned around and he was sitting at the table eating pudding. I asked “When did you get a pudding cup?”
He smiled and said, “A while ago. I got bored of waiting for you to get me something.”
I ran over to him, picked him up, and shook him. He laughed like a wild man. His laugh is so cute and funny it makes me forget about all my troubles. My little brother is really the only one that I trust and care about. He finished his pudding and had a pop tart to go with it. Then I got him tucked into bed and went back to my room. I got my IPod and plugged in my head phones and thought that I had just feed my little brother a terrible dinner. After a couple song I got tired and drifted off to sleep.
In the morning I had over slept because I left my headphones in and didn’t hear my alarm going off. So now I had thirteen minutes to get ready for school. I grabbed whatever my hand first touched out of my closet and put it on. I ran downstairs with my toothbrush in my mouth. I shoved a pop tart in my mouth and grabbed my backpack. I rushed out of the door and just made the bus. I didn’t have lunch money for school and my hair was a mess.
I got off the bus and stepped into a puddle and soaked my foot. I could already tell that this was going to be a bad day. When I walked up the steppes to the school doors a slipped and fell. I scraped my knee and stoked my finger off the concrete steps. I screamed a curse word and it just so happened that Mrs. Ling was standing at the top of the stairs. She made me go to the principal’s office and explain why I had cursed. I told him that I had tripped and hurt my finger and that it was painful. Our principal, Mr. Marlin, likes me kind of and was good friends with my mom. He said, “I know that things have been difficult for you at home but you have to try to control yourself here a school.” He gave me a big long lecture about how to behave in school. He let me go and it was the end of second period.
I was halfway to my locker when I realized that I would have to go near Greg and I really didn’t want to have to deal with him the way that my day was already going. I just started heading to my third period class. I started down the hall and I saw Greg coming down the hallway looking right at me. I looked for something to hide behind but I could find nothing. I just stood tall and watched him, out of the corner of my eye, come down the hall.
When he got almost to me I looked directly at him and put a serious look on my face. He came right up to me and got in my face and started saying all this stuff about how I am a piece if something not too nice. I was so not in the mood to deal with him. I don’t know what happened but I gathered all my anger and punched him square in the face while he was in the middle of still insulting me. He was taken aback for a second then came at me hitting me in the stomach. I threw another punch at him but he quickly move to the side and I missed. He hit me twice in the ribs and I my breath was taken away. I quickly recovered and hit Greg straight in the nose and blood started to slowly oozing out of it. He took a step back and charged at me tackling me to the ground. He started repeatedly punching me in the face with all his strength.
Someone pulled Greg off of me and I was blacking out. They took me and Greg to the nurse with all these teacher there to watch us. The nurse got us all patched up and I have to admit I did better than I thought I was going to after that fight. Greg had a broken nose and a bunch of cuts on his face. I had a split lip bloody nose and a swollen cheek. Mr. Marlin had us come to his office and gave us a good screaming. I didn’t listen to anything he said. I was so mad and was so ready for round two. After Mr. Marlin was done yelling at us we were escorted to the doors and had to spend the rest of the week in in-school suspension and then go to anger management and team building.
When we got outside and the teachers left Greg told me he would get me back. I told him to bring I will kick your butt again. Then Greg said something that totally got me off. He said, “No. If we fight again I won’t hold back. I will beat you like your dad beats you.” I punched him in the face and the gut then just walked away. When I got home my dad asks why am home and I tell him then he hits me in the stomach and insults me. I run upstairs and go to my bed and sleep.
I had a dream that I had killed everyone that had bullied me and was wrong to me. I woke up in the middle of the night and decide that I have had enough and was going to freak.
When I got up in the morning I went into Tyler’s room and told him what I was going to do. He said he was ok with it and would pack up his stuff to run away.
When I went downstairs my dad was there and said that I had better get to school before I got into more trouble. Then was like oh wait how could you?! You have pretty messed up every way that you could. I got so mad and walked over to the sink took the chef’s knife straight out of the sink and stabbed my dad in the neck. I watched him bleed out on the floor and did not at all feel bad that I just did it. I went to what used to be his room and got his pistol out of dresser. It looked so empowering and made me feel so in control. I was about to go to get on the bus when Tyler came downstairs and said, “Dunkin I don’t want you to get caught.”
Dunkin: “Tyler, I will not get caught I promise I will come get you.”
Tyler: “Well I don’t want you to show your face. I want you to wear a mask.”
Dunkin: “Tyler we do not have any masks I checked for a ski mask but I couldn’t find anything.”
Tyler: “Well will these works?” and then he pulls out a Tucan Sam mask that was to his Halloween costume form last year.
Dunkin: “Well I guess that it’s better than nothing.”
I gave Tyler a big hug then left to go catch my bus. When I get to school I got to the bathroom and wait until after forth period until it is lunch time. Greg will be at lunch and I will be ready for him. The bell rang for forth period to be over and I took off for lunch. Just before I got there I put on the Tucan Sam mask and pulled out the .357 magnum. I ran into the cafeteria and as soon as I saw Greg in his seat I shot him once in the arm then once in the head. He fell forward onto the table dead and everyone screamed and freaked out. I saw Mrs. Ling on the other side of the room and shot her in the head.
I ran out of the lunch room and saw the girl that Greg always talked to and flirted with and shot her in the knee cap. After that I ran out of the building and headed straight for home. Once I got there I got Tyler and I told him to get in the car and we are going to leave. He runs to the car jumps into the passenger’s seat and waits for me. When I got in I asked where we should go and he said, “Well I always wanted to see the Grand Canyon…”
© Copyright 2012 Adam Carr (cooki3monstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898663-The-Cereal-Killer