*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898929-JustAPreview
by Faith
Rated: 13+ · Other · Writing · #1898929
Just a piece of writing off of the top of my head.
          Sitting up in the dark attic, the moon light streaming in through the shutters, made me feel warm. I was always alone up here, always alone anyway, but I didn't mind it. Over the past year isolation was possessing me and now being alone didn't sound as bad as it used to be. I used to hate the word. Always wanted to be out and about with my friends. Always loved spending time with my family. But something clicked inside me one day and all that changed. Now I sat up here in the place that would be considered taboo in my house hold, a place untouched for many years. I did a lot of thinking, I liked to watch the people go by through the small slits in the window and wonder what kind of journeys they went on to get to that very path they were walking. It made me wonder how I had gotten to where I was now, but everything was a blur and my head hurts from over thinking things.

          I heard the muffled sound of my mother calling me down for dinner, but as usual, I ignored her and continued watching the cars go by, trying to count all the white ones that passed. I heard her calling again, this time closer and I knew her head would be peeking up into the one place in the house she dreaded visiting the most. I decided to cut her some slack and come down. Pulling open the door, I jumped down onto the pile of clothes that lay on the dusty floor. I walked down the hallway, my feet thumping lightly on the ground and made my way down the stairs, that creaked a little too much for my liking. The smell of lasagna and garlic bread hit me like a ton of those red bricks before I even reached the bottom step. If there was one thing that could make me emerge from my lonely chamber, it was food. It filled the emptiness inside of me and made me feel more wanted. Call me crazy, but it's true.

          When I walked into the kitchen, my mother already had a plate read for me. I smiled and gave her a small "Thank you." She nodded and I settled in my usual spot at the wooden table in the dinning room and my mind sunk away like it usually did. It got so used to spacing out that I couldn't stay occupied for long. It worried a lot of people, but I was honestly OK. Yeah, I miss my old life, but not enough to change my habits. No, not even that much.




END PREVIEW

Please give me some feedback! Thanks for reading :)
© Copyright 2012 Faith (teainlondon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898929-JustAPreview