*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1899719-Nightmare-Awakening
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by lauric
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1899719
awakening from the nightmare
Slowly i regain consciousness. My breathe returning to my body making me awaken once more. My eyes turn from a haze to a clear picture. The sky still the dull gray it was before. Did i make it or was me passing through the forest a dream? I slowly sit up and find my answer before me. Before me i find a great tree that is different from the others. Among this dull gray world it retains it’s natural color. The barren branches those before it were plagued with cannot be found upon this great tree. Lush and fertile the leaves of this tree grow upon its massive branches. The dark brown trunk standing out from all things that surround it. Looking at it i feel a sense of awe and peace. Again i see the face i saw before entering nothingness. He sits upon the branches staring down at me with the same smile across his lips. He rises and does a short stretch before jumping down from the tree. Stretching once more he begins to walk towards me. I watch as he comes closer and closer. I hear a voice suddenly. “Finally you are here. I have been waiting.” it says. I try to answer but cannot find the voice to speak the words. No matter how hard i try to speak i cannot. Not even the smallest sound comes from my lips. I begin to grow alarmed and find that he is upon me. “Do not worry, i am no threat to you. Come with me i have something to show. Things to explain.” the voice says as he helps me up. We begin to walk to an unknown location. I look behind me to see the tree far away yet still standing out from all around it. “It is beautiful isn't it? That is all that is left untouched from the madness that is consuming you.” the voice says. I turn to see him once again looking at me with his black eyes. “I know this because i am you. Well the other you. This is my world where your darkness thrives. Where your madness resides. I am the embodiment of that madness and darkness. Your other half in lighter terms” it says. Now that i can clearly see he is right. Examining his face i can see that he is me. A more twisted version of myself. “You are losing yourself. Letting this half, letting me take over. You must not let this happen for there cannot be one half without the other. No me without you and vice versa. I let the darkness flow into you to keep things balanced just as happiness flows into me for there to be equilibrium. Here look at the destruction that is taking place.” as he says this he points out into a field to our left. As i turn i cannot believe the sight that is before me. The ground is cracked as if a great quake had passed through. The sky is no longer a gray but a jet black. In the center what looks like a giant hole in the sky floats above the ground. Tearing the world around it devouring all in its path. The grass, earth, trees and, even the sky itself succumbing to its unquenchable hunger. “Do you see? If you lose yourself then i will die along with the rest of this world. Leaving you a shell of what you used to be. Your mind will never be the same and all you will know is pain along with the feeling of despair.” We continue on forward. As we walk i can see similar cases of this world being devoured by nothingness. Soon we came upon a mirror. The glass was cracked on the corners and could easily be seen spreading throughout the rest of its body. In the glass i do not see a reflection of the world but a room, my room. I can see myself laying upon my bed in a deep slumber. Everything seeming so still and tranquil. “There you are in probably the most peaceful you have been in the longest time. You see what is happening here. You see that my world is being devoured by the despair in your heart. Go back and put a stop to this. End this depression. Save me, save the part of your soul that is slowly dying. Do not let us be destroyed or allow yourself to become nothing. Go now. Go and begin your road of healing for both of us.” As he says this he pushes me into the mirror falling through it i can see him slowly fading away and once again i can feel my vision fading. Soon the darkness once again takes over and i fall into the nothingness. Once more i awaken but everything is different. I can breathe perfectly fine again. The urge to go towards the clearing is no longer there. My surroundings is no longer that field but my room. “I…I am awake..”
© Copyright 2012 lauric (solisalex24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1899719-Nightmare-Awakening