*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1900720-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Silence-Is-Golden
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1900720
On DA. Story for Sonic 1. Sonic's mute. Some characters Tiara and Gazebo from Sonic Xtreme
Before starting, I’m taking the word ‘Dokan’ from Thrippa and applying it here. Go visit him here http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1099976/Thrippa now. If it doesn’t work, just search Thrippa.

"The thing about going faster than sound, I go so fast all i hear is a gentle scream from my soundwave. Of course, you don’t hear much of me anyway."

Neutral POV
He was blasting through the grassy field. He had a smile plastered onto his face. He loved it. He loved the wind flying through his fur. He loved the blur created from these blistering speeds. He loved the constant rhythm his body automatically went through. Most of all, he loved just being able to move his body like this, almost as if he was born for this. Sonic the Hedgehog was doing what he did best; running.

Sonic’s POV
Excellent! This is the perfect spot to just unwind and take a relaxing run. I’m so going to take a vacation here! Now… What to call this place? Umm… Let’s see… Oh, nothing’s coming to mind! From the green grass to the blue ocean, nothing here is giving me an idea. I’m so stupid! I should definitely be able to come up with a name for these green hills! Why ca- of course! That’s perfect!
I’ll just skid myself to a stop and pull out a small journal and a pencil from my back fur (We Dokan have the perfect pockets). Oh, come on where is it… Come on… Where did the- Oh there’s the map. I grab my pen and outline the green fields on the map for the Island I named ‘South Island’. Over them I write ‘Green Hill Zone’. Now to just put this book back and then I can-


Neutral POV
He noticed the ladybug-like robot (A Motobug) driving far off in the distance, too far to count the amount of black dots on its red shell, not like that was an issue for Sonic (regardless, he already knew that they had 3 spots on each side). He just ran up to it and bonked it on its back. The robot exploded, releasing a small animal from it. A rabbit scampered out, looked at the blue Dokan hedgehog, then ran off. Sonic smiled as he watched the rabbit run off, finally being free. He then turned his head and frowned. He decided to run off back into the nearby town, of which he’s already named ‘Spring Yard Zone’.

Sonic’s POV
If Robotnik’s come back again, the people will have to know. After all, by their standards the old egg’s still a threat, although I can’t even see him ruining Easter, and he’s pretty much a giant talking egg with a coconut on top. Still, I wouldn’t miss any of his parties for the world.

Neutral POV
Sonic then started running ahead, jumping when he saw 3 rings above him. He then saw slightly to his left a rock pillar with perfect 90° vertical turns and grass on top, making it look like it was lifted from the ground with a monitor showing a ring on top of it, with a Motobug directly in front of him. He jumped up and smashed open the container, giving him a surged of energy. He then jumped off and ran right into the Motobug, tightening himself into a ball at the last second, destroying it and releasing the bird.

He then continued to run back was suddenly hit by a glowing yellow ball. He was knocked back, 13 rings flying all over the place. He hopped back to his feet in time to see a robotic bee (Buzz Bomber) fly away. He hated leaving them trapped, but his first priority is always stopping Robotnik 1st, freeing trapped animals 2nd. After all, the longer it takes, the more robots Robotnik makes. And he can still come back for any left-overs.

He continued running and noticed that the first tree after the small rock had a yellow spring on top. He then took a small uphill climb and noticed a robotic fish (Chopper) leaping over it, 5 rings tauntingly hovering above it. He waited for half a second, then ran through and started rolling, smashing apart the Chopper and releasing a bird, which flew away. He then jumped up and grabbed all 5 rings.

He continued running when he saw a downwards slope followed by a tight, but round, turn upwards with a sharp turn back to straight elevation, 7 rings lined up along it. He ran through, collecting all of the rings. He then saw 4 more 90° rock turns going upwards, like giant stairs. The 2nd and 4th (and top) one both have a robotic crab on top of them (Crabmeat) Sonic jumped up each of them one at a time, smashing the Crabmeat as he reached them.

On the top one, he noticed a small silver rock just in front of him with 2 rings on top. He jumped up on top of it and grabbed the rings. He then hopped off on the other side. He jumped just short of the bridge and landed on the Chopper jumping from underneath, launching him up and causing him to land on top of the other also jumping from the bridge. He landed on the grass on the other side and then jumped again on top of a 2nd small silver rock, which also had 2 rings.

In front of him was another rock wall with perfect turns. He jumped straight up to it. He was surprised when he collided with a Buzz Bomber and destroyed it. He ran across the stretch of ground and quickly jumped into the Buzz Bomber that flew in and landed right behind 5 more rings on an uphill He ran through and picked up the rings stopping just short of a spring.

Behind it was a nearby ledge with rings on top which is sticking out of the giant rock wall. He just looked at the rock in a confused manner. He quickly shook it off and jumped on the spring, the sudden launch forcing him to un-spin himself. He reached the ledge on the other side and quickly picked up all the rings (6), stopping at the silver rock just ahead. He heard a breaking sound behind him and turned his head to see that the ledge was gone.

He turned back and jumped over the rock and fell off the other side of the rock pillar and fell onto another short rock directly underneath. Right ahead was a flat field with a small gap a small space from him. He jumped down, and started running, quickly jumping up when the ground he was on broke away and landed back onto the ground, which started breaking away as well, taking him with it.

He landed on a small slope going upwards (in the direction he was headed). He ran up it and continued along until he saw 3 spikes with 3 rings over them. He jumped over the spikes and grabbed the rings, landing on the other side. He then jumped over the second trio of spikes (this time without rings) and the 3rd (3 rings again), landing on a small step

Another small step was above him and he jumped up to see four monitors, 3 with a ring symbol followed by one with a bunch of stars on it. He jumped on top of all of them and quickly jumped up the next step, running straight into a Motobug, which got destroyed by the stars. He jumped up to the wall slightly to his left and unwittingly ran straight into a loop-de-loop formation the rock somehow formed. He was already fast enough to make it with running and grabbed the 5 rings going along it.

He then ran straight and saw a tunnel. He kept running straight at it and ducked at the last second, rolling through it. He came out and rolled into 5 rings and a checkpoint, following by another small tunnel. He rolled out and was surprised to end up soaring through the air, but kept his rolling as he past 2 Buzz Bombers and grabbed a bunch of rings hovering in the air, he didn’t keep track.
He landed on a small silver rock, which he fell off of and ran straight into a bridge, running into and smashing 2 Choppers. He fell off the edge of the ledge and ran right past 6 rings and continued running, falling off another edge, the stars disappearing. He missed it, but he noticed a platform floating up and down in mid-air.

Landed and finished rolling, grabbing 5 rings. He stood up, a little confused, but kept running through in the right direction until he saw a sign of Robotnik with a giant ring above it. He ran past the sign (which started spinning) and jumped straight into the giant ring, both it and him disappearing.

(A/N: I’m not going to describe the Special Stage, it’s just the constant shifting of the world messes up sense of up down left and right, and I won’t be able to do it with it all just thrown out of whack. Instead, I’m going to show how Sonic might possibly see it.)

Sonic’s POV
Great. I thought it would’ve been extra protection, like all those rings and the occasional shield, but NO! I have no idea where I am or what’s happening, and what’s worse is that something’s forcing me into the shape of a ball. All I see is a bunch of orbs and rings everywhere. I have no idea where I was going because everything is just spinning out of control, which plays horribly of one’s sense of perception. I did see some orbs that said ‘GOAL’ but I couldn’t reach them, everything’s just spinning all around. I eventually hit a bunch of crystals below me (I think), which somehow broke and I roll through to some more rings. Above me was some sort of gemstone that was blue in colour. I jumped up and grabbed it, and then everything spun even faster before going all white.

Neutral POV
Sonic suddenly warped into the same spot he disappeared from, stumbling over and spewing out onto the ground.

Professor Gazebo’s POV
Damn it, I’m the laughing stock of the town. And it’s all because of the mysterious thief. Stole nothing but my work on that mysterious energy hypothesis I spent years working on. Just before I was supposed to present it to the university. If I find him I’ll do… the worst thing I can think of that won’t get me into trouble. I just hope my daughter’s left out of this.

I was too lost in my own thoughts to notice some kid riding past me; we nearly bumped right into each other. I expected him to scream a rude profanity but instead he said something much worse. “Out of my way, Boobies!” No one’s called me that since high school, which was when we had to move over here in the first place. I just hope that they leave my daughter out of this.


Tiara’s POV
I can’t believe it! Dad’s the laughing stock of the whole town! Now there I can say goodbye all that reputation I’ve spent years trying to get. Oh, at first glance you’d think it would be easy but I’ve made it difficult by not stooping down to lower levels, but I tell you it’s certainly worth it. I just hope they don’t start calling my dad ‘Boobies’ again. I look outside my window at the busy city going all about. Suddenly I hear a beeping noise. I tried ignoring it but it just drove my ears crazy. I listened out for it, and followed the noise to dad’s workspace (that just got robbed). I know you don’t like me in here, but I’m not a kitten anymore. I opened the door and followed it to a small drawer. I opened it and saw a small cell phone in it.

It was a phone with a red dot on the screen. Right next to the dot was ‘9000+’ I picked it up and tried flipping it open. It didn’t work. When I looked at it again I noticed that it was a map, and the red dot was just outside our house. I picked it up and hurried back to the window, where I saw some hedgehog kid stumbling around. He was definitely dizzy, and not drunk, I’ve seen enough of them to know the difference between drunk and dizzy.

He tripped and clutched his knee, which then started bleeding. I quickly hurried outside and asked him if he was okay. Before he could respond, he fainted. I looked around to see if anyone was looking, then slowly got him inside. (It would be a bit odd if a little cat girl just picked up and dragged some boy inside) When I set him on the couch I was reminded why I saw him in the first place. Leaving him there, I stood up and went to turn on some music to drown out the annoying beeping like what all that dragging did.

Gazebo’s POV
Ah, my house. Good to see that it’s still in one piece again. I parked at the driveway and hopped out of my car. I’ll get some peace and quiet here. I pulled out my keys to unlock the door and turned. No noise. I grabbed on to the handle and turned. It’s unlocked. Quickly realising what this means, I slammed open the door… only to hear some music blaring at full power and my daughter looking at me, some kid passed out next to her. She’s going to be in so much trouble.

I turned off the music only to hear an annoying beeping sound. “Tiara, do you know what’s making that noise?” I asked. She nodded, and passed some device to me. Looking at it, I realised that it’s the prototype energy tracker I was working on. If only I found this before I left. Looking at it, it would make sense the thief missed it, considering that it looked just like one of those cell phones. The GPS said that something that had energy going off the charts in my house, around where the couch should be.

“Okay, can you tell me why some kid’s passed out on the couch?” I asked, turning of the tracker. She was quick to answer “Well I saw him walking around dizzy just outside the house-“ “dizzy?” I asked her. “I know he wasn’t drunk, I can tell the difference” she stated. “He then tripped and clutched onto his knee, which started bleeding.” She pointed at a wound on his knee. “I would’ve missed him, but that weird phone just made the most annoying sound, so I found it and saw that it had a map with a red dot just outside the house” she finished.

“So I’m guessing that you forgot to lock the door when you came back in?” I inquired. “Oh, I forgot! Sorry, dad. And while I’m at it, sorry about the music, but it was drowning out the annoying beeping.” Well just one more question. “Who is he?” She looked at me, then said “I don’t know, he passed out before he could tell me if he was okay.” I walked over to her and said “I understand now. You just wanted to help him. But you’re still in trouble for going into my workspace.” She grumbled something under her breath. “Now, where did I put those bandages?”


Sonic’s POV
I smelled something delicious cooking up in the air. Smells like stew. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was in a house of some sort. I hopped out and saw a male Dokan cat at the stove, cooking something. I clapped my hands. He jumped up in surprise then turned around. “Tiara! Daddy’s coo- oh” he just stopped talking, standing there looking at me. He then suddenly called out “Tiara! He’s awake!” and turned back to his cooking.

I pulled out my notebook and started writing down ‘Who are you?’ Then he said “I’m surprised you haven’t asked me who I am yet. I thought Dokan were more curious these days.” I walked up to him and placed the notebook next to him. He didn’t take notice.

I clapped my hands again. He looked at me, irritated, until he noticed the writing on the notebook. “Why didn’t you just ask it?” He asked me. I wrote right underneath my previous question ‘Mute’ and showed it to him. “Oh, so sorry about that! I hope you’re not insulted” He stated. I shook my head, smiling, then gave him a thumbs up.

Then a young female Dokan cat came up from another door and looked over to me. “Hello. My name’s Tiara, what’s yours?” I wrote ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ above my first question and showed it to her. “Well that explains why you haven’t said a word to me, Sonic. He’s my dad, Professor Gazebo. I saw you trip over outside and hurt your ankle” well, that would explain the bandage on my knee.

“I hurried out and asked you if you were okay, then you passed out” That reveals why I heard that as the last thing before I passed out. “Then I dragged you inside and waited for my dad.” There is my answer. “Dinner’s ready” Gazebo stated. He looked at me and said “I hope you like stew.”


Gazebo’s POV
He eats like it’s his first meal in a while. The possibilities of it being true do worry me though. “So, where do you live?” I asked. He wrote down on his book and passed it to me. ‘Where the wind takes me’ was written on it. “What about parents?” I asked.
He took back the book and wrote down on it. His speed and accuracy amazes me. He passed it back to me again. ‘Don’t have any’. “What happened?” I asked, passing back the book. He just shrugged. He seems so happy; I’ve got to figure out how he could keep it up.


Sonic’s POV
Life is great. New adventure, new friends, good food said friends cooked, and I’m sure that gem should sell at least a thousand at a nearby pawn shop. He then asked me “Don’t wished to offend you, but the question’s just nagging the back of my head. You seem so happy, yet you know no parents. Why is that?”

Still eating, I wrote in my book ‘Love to just run around and explore, two new friends, some gem that would definitely get some cash, never knew a permanent home’ and passed it back to him. “Well then you are different from most Dokan and Humans” he stated. He passed my book back to me. “Wait a second, a gem?” he asked. I sighed and pulled out the blue gem from my back fur, which then started shining. Both of them gasped.

© Copyright 2012 unknownmysteryguy (uknwnmysterygy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1900720-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Silence-Is-Golden