*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1901528-I-Am-An-UnWantable
by jewel
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1901528
I am an Unwantable. Do you know what that means? I was born to create chaos.


Part One



"This isn't true," I say shakily, my head snapping up in defiance. Jenna stares at me in disbelief, her eyes narrowing as I shook my head back and forth. "I didn't do that storm. I didn't do anything!" I shout, tearing away from her grasp.



I hear her huff, then caught my arm again. "Are you listening to yourself?! You did it. Whatever you do, you're a part of this- family. We're part of the UnWantables! Face it!" she screams, too loud, near my ear. Tears prick my eyes and I shook my head again, because I needed it. I need to hold on to my sanity.



Finally, after watching our long fight, Chris steps in, his hands pushed in his pockets. He retrieves a knife from the kitchen counter and starts cleaning his fingernails. He sighs and narrows his eyes at me. "You know what my curse is, Alex? It's to persuade people to do things that they want to do. Whether it may be to lie-," he says, a sly expression crossing his face. "-to say the truth, to kiss, to love, or to die," he smiles. Or even murder somebody," he whispers chillingly.



There was a long pause as I stare into those black, glistening orbs of my brother.



He was taking over me.



"I'm an UnWantable," I hear myself saying in a barely audible voice. "Everything I read, is the opposite of what it becomes. I cause chaos; and I'll forever will. I have the talent of picking out words that meant no harm- but once it crosses my lips, it will."



"And?" he prompted, coming closer.



"I killed millions of people. I caused the Hurricane. I caused every single chaos."



Part Two



Once you do an act of an UnWantable, it doesn't change.



You have to continue it.



I open my book at midnight and read, not letting the written words cross my lips until I found a phrase.



"The raindrops start to fall, not harming anyone within reach. They were magic," I whisper.



A week later, my best friend Mia died, drowning in the flood while she was trying to save her brother from Hurricane Sandy.



Deaths.



Casualties.



From one single sentence.



But I didn't stop reading, causing deaths from all over the world, watching it happen on TV.



From then on, I was a different person.



I took pride in my curse.



Part Three



"Thanks," I murmur to the librarian's back as I stack up the books that I've borrowed.



"You're welcome, dear," she said as I









© Copyright 2012 jewel (samemistakes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1901528-I-Am-An-UnWantable