*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902187-The-Mist-of-Death-Chapter-1
Rated: GC · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1902187
As Ezra entered his room, he felt the night terrors already starting.
Chapter 1


  He could smell the already singed flesh from the opposite end of the torch lit antechamber. He was surprised at how fast the abhorrent stench could travel. And to think that all of this had started off as a basic outing, with a new-found love interest. Ezra began to wonder on how this monster of a man, calling himself "Fraudia," intended to end this night. He had started with capturing his closest friends, ones that had been with him since high school. It seems that all times that his friends need him, he's always there, but never the other way around.

  He remembered the times in high-school. Him and his friends would often times break into the school. As they walked down the empty hallways, the dark lights they used to keep the student paintings in prime condition, shone like the torches here. They always did care for their students.

  Shaking himself back to concentration, he focused on the task at hand. He had to relieve his best friend Jared from this horrific, searing torture. Ezra could now hear his friend's screams of agony. That was enough to spur him into the fastest sprint of his life. As he ran he saw that the light at the end of the tunnel dimmed away to a Plutonian umbra. Then suddenly the darkness was interrupted by an eerie red-orange flickering and further shrieks of pain.

As he reached the ending of the long passageway, he was suddenly grateful for his unorthodox profession of a locksmith, because the heavily built, iron door was padlocked with a seemingly ancient lock that looked almost impenetrable. He quickly pulled out a pencil that he habitually carried. "For the Graphite" he had always said, because of graphite's lubricating properties it's often used by locksmiths. When he had finally undone the archaic lock, the sight he saw was appalling...
© Copyright 2012 J. McKines (ironcurtain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902187-The-Mist-of-Death-Chapter-1