*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902483-Fitness-Trends-Zumba-Fitness
by Kaiden
Rated: E · Other · Health · #1902483
A short overview of Zumba, one of the most popular fitness trends of the decade.
Zumba is one of the fastest growing fitness trends of the decade. It is said that over 14 million people attend weekly Zumba classes in over 150 countries. Zumba is a fitness dance program created by choreographer Alberto Beto Perez in the 1990's. The program uses various music styles such as mambo, meringue, salsa, hip-hop, soca and Bollywood, to create the perfect level of energy and atmosphere for dance and aerobic elements. The dance routines consist of a perfect mix of aerobics, martial arts, belly dance, squats and lunges. Routines are said to burn an average of 500 to 1000 calories. These routines are typically taught in hour long classes, by licensed instructors.

The classes can be taught at 8 different levels to cater to various age groups and levels of exertion, making it safe for all. Zumba Fitness is a class filled with exhilarating Latin beats and high energy dance moves. Zumba Gold consists of moves paced to suit an older group of participants. Zumba Toning puts strong emphasis on body sculpting and high energy cardio. Aqua Zumba is a water based cardio work out often call the “pool party “. Zumbatomic is a class designed for kids. Zumba in the Circuit is a 30 minute circuit based metabolism boosting workout. Zumba Gold Toning offers strength training for beginners as well as older participants. Zumba Sentao is a chair based workout to strengthen and stabilize your core. With so many different classes offered by Zumba, it’s easy to find one to suit your fitness needs. Various gyms and fitness clubs offer these classes for a separate fee, some include the classes in general membership fees. Check with your local gym or on the Zumba website to see if classes are offered in your area.

The Zumba fitness movement is not limited to gyms and clubs. The Zumba fitness program has been able to expand into households worldwide through DVDs and even video games. The Zumba fitness program has reported that as of August 2011 over 3 million copies of the video game have been sold. Retail stores typically sell the DVDs and video games at prices ranging from 20- 60$ USD. Resale of used DVDs through websites like Ebay and Amazon, make the program affordable to all. With Zumba being so fun and cost effective, millions have begun using the program to shape, tone and lose weight. Part of the widespread attention to this fun packed dance program can be attributed to its celebrity appeal. Several celebrities have adopted Zumba classes into their workout routines. Jennifer Lopez, Kristie Alley and Halle Berry are among the celebrities who have made their use of Zumba known to the public. While gaining popularity with the rich and famous, Zumba has spared no expense on advertising. You can find advertisements and infomercials on TV and the internet. There is even a Zumba website offering support, locations of classes, instructor training, stores selling Zumba apparel, DVDs and video games. But before you rush off to join a class or purchase a dvd make sure to consult your physician, as you would before beginning any workout.
© Copyright 2012 Kaiden (kaiden514 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902483-Fitness-Trends-Zumba-Fitness