*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902561-Me-and-my-bro--continued
Rated: E · Other · War · #1902561
Fallow the main character as he fights through normandy.
         Soka and me were standing around eating a banana leaning on a truck when we saw how shrivled our brothers banana was because we had left it out in the sun with his B.B. gun. We were about to shift out to Normandy with the British forces. We were about to get on a I.L.S.. We were standing around not doing much when we came up with the idea to go swimming for the last time because we knew that we might not come back.
          So since my brother Aang was a general who always let us do what we want as long as we don't do something that could get us arrested we went to ask him if we could go swimming. He told us that we could but we couldn't go to far because we were suppose to ship out for the invasion of Spain in a few days and he did not want us to get lost. So we went to the cost were we could swim. We dove right in the water was cold but it was ok. After we got done swimming we had to leave for the boats.
         We got on the boats. The boats were huge inside. My brother General Ang put me and Soka on the same boat as him. It was a bumpy ride for a few days. Then to top it all off the fog was so thick you could not see three feet in front of you, but I could tell this invasion was going to be big. After a while the fog cleared and we was at normandy. My friend just to the right was torn up while charging. I am finally at war with the Jerrys.
         I got off the boat and started to run when A shell had landed three feet in front of me. The shell did not explode for some reason. I don't know why but the whole time this was going on I was thinking "I have to survive. I have to survive to avenge my friend's death. I have to survive to make Aang proud. I have to live to make my dad proud for his sacrifice at Pearl Harbor." Not five minutes later I took a bullet to the side of my leg. I got up it nearly planted itself into my leg but it had missed by a millimeter. Even though it had missed it burned. I guess it was because of the heat that the bullet put off. I started to climb up the hill side. The hill side was so tall though that the Germans had pushed us back and one of the Jerrys had nearly shot me agin. I pulled out my pistol and shot him in the face. He started to fall backwards and then fell one me. I almost lost my grip fully, but I was still holding on, but barely. I started to loose my grip but I could not help but feel that I was going to die in a few seconds. My exact thoughts were "Holly crap I went through all that I did just to loose my grip on a rope." I wanted to start climbing and the I started to think. "I will make it through this. I will not fail. I will start climbing. Thous Germans were going to pay for what they had done. I have not done all that I done to die from falling." My fingers started to lose more grip. I started to think "This is it I am going to die now."
                   ... To be continued...
         Read my next story to find out if the narrator survives.
© Copyright 2012 Jonathon (jonathon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902561-Me-and-my-bro--continued