*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902763-Xander
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Draft · Other · #1902763
This is a prolouge to Xander, an fantasy/ adventure story My first long piece of writing
All i can remember was the cold. The freezing cold. Crawling through my clothes, and under my skin. Right down to my bones. Bones So cold and brittle they could break down with the slightest movement. I lay there face up in the snow, staring into the sky. Everything was just one white oblivion of blinding light. There was no way to tell where the ground ended and the sky began. For the longest time all i did was lay there and stare up. Waiting for the snow to blanket me and the ground to swallow me up. Just forget everything. Let nature have me. It would be so easy to just close my eyes and sleep forever. Its okay to let go, I tell myself. There’s nothing to worry about. What was once cold was now numb. Numb vibrations filled my body and i felt weightless. I started to raise off the ground. Floating into the sky. Slowly I drifted upwards, but without any sense of motion at all. I closed my eyes And felt nothing. My complete escence was gone. No pain, no cold, no worries.... Mya. I felt Mya. A word. A name. Mya was a name. Something that had meaning. Mya. This name is all i can think about. Mya! What are you? Who are you? I opened my eyes and I could see a form taking place. The silouette of some one standing in front of me. I knew this was Mya. But who was she? I could see her clearly now. There was something vaguley familiar about her. The way she stood, strong and proud, her chin held high. I knew this woman. I opened my eyes. White surrounded me. There was no ground no sense of gravity. Where am I? What is this? I needed to get to Mya. I needed to get out of this place. With that thought a breeze picked up. Blowing against my skin. Stronger the breeze became and with it the sensation of ice cold. The breeze became wind, and then the sensation of gravity returned. I was falling. The only thing i could hear was the howling wind rushing past me as i fell. Fear caught my stomach as I realized this. I looked down and noticed the white changing to blue. Then i broke through the white clouds. The vast expanse of a giant ocean as far as the eye could see was rushing to meet me.



© Copyright 2012 DANNYamerica (dannyamerica at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902763-Xander