*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902776-The-Love-Story-Told
by DS
Rated: · Fiction · Fantasy · #1902776
My first love story! I wrote this when I was in the 9th grade!
"Sean, where are we going?" I ask as I enter a room with cold and dense air.

"Just keep your blindfold on, will you?" Sean says. His voice, calm. I hear a door open, a sliding door. Then I hear a rather cool wind pass my delicate ears. He's here with me, clutching my hand. I haven't noticed until the warmth started spreading throughout my body and finally reaches my heart.

"Okay, you can remove your blindfold now." Sean says, a happy tone in his voice. But I dont want to let go, I simply can't. I want to freeze this moment forever. I have been holding his hand for too long. "Hey, you sleeping inside there? You can remove your blindfold now." he repeats. I let go of him and remove the blindfold. I sigh before I can even stop myself. There I am, standing on a balcony, staring into the nightsky. The moon, closer than ever. Stars around it making it seem like it's glowing on it's own. It's wonderful, it's something you would always want when you are with the person you love the most in life.

"Happy 18th birthday" Sean says. "I researched on what would be good for today actually. It said that there was going to be a wonderful watch for a full moon at" he says checking his watch "8:30 which is now."

"Thanks" I say with a smile. I walk to the rail at the end of the balcony and put my hands on it, the night breeze blowing onto my face. Wow, it's cold and I only realized that now. I cup my hands over my mouth, blow on it and rub them together, just to make myself warmer.

"Are you cold?" says Sean as he pulls his jacket off his own shoulders. Then, out his arms.

"Oh, you dont have-" my words, cut off when he put his jacket on my shoulders. Warmth, one of the best things he can give me.

I get this urge. I want to tell him, tell him that I love him. I want to kiss him. I craved for his touch every single day. I want to tell him, I do. Now is the best time to say it.

"Sean?" I finally say. Im ready, I know I am. I smile.

"Yeah?" he replies and turns to me. His eyes, locking on mine, a soft touch. Suddenly, everything becomes quiet, all I can hear is my heartbeat. All I can see is him. Suddenly, my smile fades. I lose my confidence. I can't say it now. I can't do anything now but think. Argh! Stupid! I can't tell him, I won't.

"Can we get in?" I say. Not good enough. Keep going. "It's pretty cold out here." I manage a smile. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid! All the flashing in Sean's eyes, gone. He must be thinking that I am wasting such a wonderful gift. I wonder if he's mad at me, disappointed at least.

For a few seconds, we stand. Staring at eachother with quiet intensity. Then a smile stretches across his face. "Yeah, sure. You look like you're freezing" Oh, his smile. His smile is the only thing that makes electricity go through the air. Relief, filling me as he adds. "You comin'?"

We get inside his house. The cold room we passed through a while ago is an airconditioned room where Sean's younger sister, Alyana was watching T.V. She must have forgotten to turn the airconditioner off again.

We go downstairs and sit by the fire. It's much warmer now and Im thankful for it. We;re in a big living room with a T.V. set and some couches.

I stand up and sit on the nearest couch that looks comfortable. My fingers go through the smooth silk of the wonderful couch. Sean sits beside me and tells me to rest. I must look exhausted. So I close my eyes and rest my head on his chest, feeling his fast heartbeat.

=========================================

I wake up the next morning in my bed. Sean must have brought me here yesterday. We're neighbors, that's how we became close friends. Lying down, I think of how and what Ill tell Sean in school today. How I'll tell him I love him.

I shower, change and eat just in time to hear the morning bus honk, calling me to another long day in school.

As I climb the bus I see an empty seat beside Sean. I dont need to tell him in school, now is my chance. But what if he doesn't like me. What if he rejects me? What if he'll avoid me as much as possible after I tell him? What if he walks away from my life and never comes back? I must look stupid, standing in the middle of the bus being pushed around by people saying "Move it." or "You crazy or something?", thinking of what Sean might say.

"Everyone!" a voice says. "Take a seat. I am going to start driving and you know how this old beauty is, starts up rough." says our bus driver, Eric.

"Oh no." I mutter. As the bus roughly moves forward, I fall. My face, flat on the floor. My head must've hit something, something hard because I feel a searing pain above my left ear. Im lying on the floor but Im too hurt to care. Though, Im being laughed at. I try to stand but I fall again, without success. Everything is swirling, chairs are merging together and so are the laughing faces of people are merging together. Once Im down on the floor again, big laugh. Then, I close my eyes. I'd rather be sleeping than being embarrassed.

"Shut up! Crazy maniacs. Can't you see she's hurt?" says a voice. I can't make out who owns the voice. I try to open my eyelids but they feel too heavy for me to carry.

Everyone did shut up. After a while, I feel an arm, helping me to my feet. Half carrying me and half directing me. I open my eyes enough to see a blurry image of the person who stood up for me.

Sean.

=========================================

I wake up, lying down. Arms folded on top of my stomach. I put much effort to see what's beside me.

Sean, sitting on a chair beside my bed. His head, resting on the cushion. I notice Im in the school's clinic and that I have a major head pain. After a while, Sean wakes up and smiles.

"You're awake." he says, his smile growing wider.

"Yeah, so are you." I reply. Then, we freeze. It's silent for seconds, long seconds, seconds that felt like hours.

"What happened?" I say, breaking the silence. I really can't remember. All I remember is blacking out.

"You fell and bumped your head pretty hard on the bus." he says.

Oh yeah. And he stood up for me. The thought makes my cheeks feel hot. I hope he doesn't notice.

"Why aren't you in class?" I ask

"It was lunch break." he replies.

"was?" I say, confused.

"I guess I dozed off and the nurse made me stay for a while." he says, turning red.

I try to sit up but the only thing that comes out of it is a groan. Pain, rushing through me again. Damn, is that really how hard I hit my head?

"You should rest." Sean says.

"Yeah, okay." I say. Then I doze off. But before I fully fell asleep, a hand clutched mine, a familiar hand, a warm hand, Sean's hand.

When I wake up Im not in the School's Clinic but in Sean's guest room. I dont really have people at home to come back to. My mom lives somewhere far away, I guess. She left when I was at least 2 years old. My dad and my sister died in a car crash when I was 12. But I have a loyal helper, Kei she cares for me and agreed to stay with me. She always thought I was a strong girl.

"Alyana" I say as I see a face looking at me. She has always been like a sister to me.

"Hi!" she says cheerfully. "Im happy to see you awake." she says as both corners of her mouth spread throughout her face.

I sit up to see my best friend, Karie carrying my bags, looking up at me, smiling.

"Happy to see your eyes again. Sean invited me over to see how you were doing. I was about to leave and drop of your bags in your house." she says

"Thanks for coming, Karie." I say, managing a painful smile. I see her go out and tell Sean Im awake... and if I heard it correctly, she wished him good luck. After Sean nodded he closed the door behind Karie and went inside the guest room.

Now, I can stand but I'll still need support. Sean leads me to the living room and brings me to the same couch we sat in the night before. It's quiet for a while. But no, Sean breaks the silence.

"Lianne" he starts.

I look at him, wondering what he'll say.

"Im the one who stood up for you in the bus, if you remember. But please, try to remember." he says, facing away. He's red and he looks like he's having an argument in his head. Him! I knew it. I love him. I can say it now, I can confess, I can, I know I can.

"Sean." I say. He looks to me again, a worried look on his face.

"Lianne, let me speak. Please." he says, sounding desperate. So I let him speak. "Lianne, I've always loved you. I planned to tell you in the balcony but you felt cold. Also in the clinic but you had to rest." he says as if he's in a rush. He faces away again, more red than ever before. He loves me! Sean... he loves me. I put my hand on his chin and tilt his head so he is facing me again. We're only inches apart. Our lips, almost touching.

"Sean." I say with a nervous laugh. "I feel the same way." I pause. "I love you, Sean. I always have."

His face relaxes. He is no longer red. He smiles. I love him, I love everything he does and I know it's true. He leans close, his mouth against my ear. His breath tickling my skin. "Im glad" he breathes.

He faces me, takes my head in his hands and kisses me. This in my first time to kiss a boy. Sean's warmth spreads through me once again and it's nothing I ever dreamed of. My heart racing, faster and faster and faster. I put my hands on his chest and see that we are breathing in the same rhythm, fats but steady at the same time. My head starts to hurt again. Why now? I dont want to stop. I dont. But Sean notices Im in pain and pulls away, way too soon.

"You need to rest" he says, laying me down, my head on his lap. I obey, smiling. "I guess you enjoyed that."

I bite my lip and nod in reply. I can't find words. Im too struck to talk at all.

"Yeah" he says, smiling. "I did too" he adds

He brushes away the loose strands of hair on my forehead and leans in closer. I wish that he would kiss me but his mouth whispers "Beautiful" into my ear and lightly kisses me on the forehead.

=========================================

Now, Im 27 getting ready for my wedding. I could hear the drops of rain against the rooftop. My sister would tell me that if it rains on your wedding day it means good luck. My long but huge dress is beautiful. My thin arms, covered with long lace sleeves. The vail falls perfectly and blends with the back and front of the dress.

"Okay!" Time to walk down the aisle, Lianne." says Sean's mom, smiling and tearing up.

"It's okay Aunt Telma" I say, patting her at the back.

"You just look so beautiful" she says. "I wish your father and your sister were here to see you."

"Thank you and I wish that too." I say with a smile.

"Now, go on. Sean is waiting for you" she says, wiping her tears.

Sean's dad took the honor to walk me down the aisle today. Sean's cousins Ellie and Sarah are my flower girl today, wearing a light pink cascaded dress. They are also wearing flowery crowns that settle at the top of their heads. Then I see Sean, my heart beating fast and hard, enough for me to feel my pulse in my neck. He's smiling and ready to bring in a new person to his family through matrimony. Me. Karie is my Maid of Honor for today together with her boyfriend, Zack. Alyana is one of my bridesmaids.

Once I reach the front of the altar, I thank Arther, Sean's dad for giving me a way. Sean comes closer to me, holds me hand and whispers "You look beyond beautiful". I smile and thank him. We say our vows, do the bonding and everything else. But when it's time to kiss the bride Sean faces me and says "Finally" with an eye roll.

When I smile, he smiles back. He pulls up my front veil and pushes it back. He holds me by the waist and pulls me closer to him. When he kisses me everyone claps. But Ellie and Sarah giggle while saying "Ewww"

After that, we go to the reception in Tentora Hotel. During the party, something wonderful happens. Karie catches the bouquet of flowers. But wait, that's not all.

"I want to make a toast." says Zack.

But it's not a toast for either me or Sean. Instead, Zack walks to where Karie is seated and drops down on one knee. "Will you marry me, Karie?"

"Yes" says Karie, cupping her hands over her mouth. Leaving the muffled sound of "I will."

Then, Zack inserts the ring into her ring finger. Tears of joy fill my eyes and Sean kisses my eyes, making the tears go away. Everyone shouts for one more kiss but when we protest the bang their knives on their glasses. Sean faces me and gives me a 10 second kiss. It was a wonderful party.

Once Sean and I are walking to the car with big letters at the back forming "Just Married", people are patting Sean on the back and more compliments are being thrown at me. Once we're in the car, we notice the driver can't see us in any way.

"Hello, Mrs. O' Brian" starts Sean.

"Hello, Mr. O' Brian" I say, smiling at him.

"Privacy" he says, facing me.

"At last." I finish.

Then he kisses me. Noting can stop us now, nothing.

=========================================

There I am, looking at kids play in the streets. When Sean comes home, I feel a tingling feeling inside.

"Hey, sweetheart." I say, kissing him on the cheek.

"Hello" he says, happier than usual.

"Okay, come on tell me." I say, curious. Putting my hands on my waist.

"Today, my boss called me." he says, biting his lip. "So, I got a promotion and we're moving to Boston!"

Relief fills me that it is not bad news. Sean is now a businessman. He's very good at Science though. He wanted to take up the Medicine course at first but wanted to marry me early. So, of course he took a shorter course. Me? Im a baker.

For a few weeks, maybe 2 months or so, I start feeling like vomiting whenever Sean lifts me up for a cheerful turn. But after a few days, he stops and just kisses my cheek. When I go to work, I get tired easily. Also, Sean tells me not to go to work. I feel like... Sean doesn't love me anymore.

"Why is this happening?" I ask, one morning while we're sitting for breakfast.

Sean takes a sip of his coffee and finally says "Aren't you pregnant?" as he is about to take another sip.

I put my right hand on top of my stomach, shocked. Im pregnant.
© Copyright 2012 DS (infiniteds at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902776-The-Love-Story-Told