*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902861-Paralysis
Rated: 18+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1902861
Written for "What's Your Nightmare? Round 8" Contest. Feedback greatly appreciated.
My biggest fear would have to be Spiders, and I hope this story shall remain fiction till the day I die.

Paralysis

It is the 11th of November 2012; I’ve decided to write what happened inside this notebook I found. I fear if they return this will be my best chance to tell my story.

So it was only last night that it began, I don’t know what caused them to react as they did, maybe it was because I took my anger out on one of their companions earlier that evening, maybe it was revenge. I usually have a horribly bad memory but the events that happened last night will haunt my mind forever.

I woke from my deep sleep at three in the morning, I’m not sure why I woke up but due to the events that followed I’m glad I did. I had been drinking in the evening, not a great deal but enough to inflict a headache once I awoke from my drunken state. I put my hands up to my face to wipe away the rheum that had collected in the corners of my eyes whilst I had been sleeping. My vision slowly returned and I stared at the ceiling until I could motivate myself enough to get up and grab a glass of water from the kitchen downstairs, I perched myself up onto my elbows whilst lying on my back and saw the outline of a small, mysterious shape on my chest.

I batted it away with my left hand and I heard it crash against the side of my cupboard, I cautiously pulled myself out of bed towards the light. As I turned the lights on a sudden burst of bright caused my pupils to readjust to my surroundings, when I reopened my eyes I investigated what I had batted away only seconds ago, there was nothing in sight. I searched under my bed before giving up and forcing myself to believe I must’ve been dreaming, I sat on the end of my double-size bed returning my hands to my face to rub my eyes once again.

I glanced forward just for a second before launching myself backwards out of instinct at what I had just set eyes upon. There was a large, hairy, sharp-fanged spider currently sitting upon my stereo. Now at this point you should know I am terrified of spiders as a lot of people are, even if their harmless the mere sight of them sends shivers down my spine. I grabbed a magazine that I had spotted nearby; I rolled it up until it reassembled a bat. I then proceeded to hesitantly creep over to the gruesome looking spider; with a wave of courage I swung at it praying that I didn’t miss my hairy target.

I hit it! Or so I thought... When the magazine made contact with the insect its body had been crushed, I had seen it with my own eyes, even the strange liquid that emerges when you slay them. I grinned; pleased I hadn’t let it escape. As I took a seat on the end of my bed again I chose to peer down at the splattered carcass although was surprised to see the magazine lying there alone on the wooden floorboard. I jumped up in disbelief that the spider had somehow repaired itself enough to crawl away, but I knew that wasn’t possible.

I began to panic; I grew breathless attempting to find an explanation. I turned away to face my door, I needed to get out of that room to assess my mind. As I drew closer to the polished white door, I reached for the cold metal doorknob although this time the texture was not what I expected. The doorknob had been coated in web; I scraped away the sticky spider silk to reveal the metal content below. I grasped the doorknob and turned, it wouldn’t open. I’m not sure if someone was pulling a prank on me but this wasn’t funny, I was hyperventilating under the pressure.

I took a few deep breaths and rotated to face the bed, and the nonexistent insect. I slowly crept towards my bed, nothing happened for about twenty minutes after taking a seat on my bed for the third time. I decided to try and get some rest after a stressful awakening; I jumped up and turned the lights off. Walking towards the bed, I buried myself under the duvet that was resting on top of my mattress. The second time I woke up, I didn’t have the chance to check the time. What awoke me this time wasn’t a mystery, I could feel several unidentified trespassers beneath the duvet.

What happened next has probably damaged me the most mentally; this will eat at my mind until they lock me away. I threw back the sheets and my deepest fear had become a reality, there were a total of five average looking spiders climbing over my goose-bumped skin alongside a much larger spider, which looked very much similar to the one that I had supposedly killed earlier. Although I had summoned the strength to launch the duvet off of me, I was aware that at least two of the spiders had embedded their fangs into my sensitive flesh leaving me paralysed in position.

My eyes were wide, I was pouring sweat and I honestly thought I was going to die at that moment. I looked down to see the large spider had taken base just below my left hand, I was just grateful it wasn’t still on my body, spiders scare me, but this spider was on a completely different level. I mean I had killed him earlier, or was that a dream? Is this a dream?

I continued to spectate the eight-legged bugs crawl across my body until all of a sudden they all stopped, dead in their tracks. I looked towards the large spider to see it plunge it’s fangs into my lifeless left hand, like he had been waiting to take his revenge. You can say I was more than surprised to then see him take a second bite, and then a third. He was taking chunks of skin off with every bite and blood started to appear more and more with every nibble. That must have been the point when I fell unconscious.

When I awoke the following morning the first thing I thought was did I dream it all, that was until the pain took over. I looked down, for the first time after blacking out, half my hand was missing. The greedy hairball took half my hand! I ran to tell my parents who were as horrified as I was. We went to the emergency room; needless to say amputation was a guarantee. Earlier today I had my left hand amputated (Luckily it wasn’t my right or I wouldn’t be writing this). You think people believed me when I told them a spider ate it? I wouldn’t have if someone told me the same.

If they come back then I doubt I will make it through a second night, I’m surprised the shock alone didn’t tip me over the edge. If that greedy monster does take me, and you find this notebook, please share these words. I’d hate it to happen to anyone else!
© Copyright 2012 InsanityInduced (tomg1993 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902861-Paralysis