*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903155-The-Woods
by Ecco
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1903155
A young girl running away from home
Caw caw the crow crackled as to say it was getting late, I should have really turned back then but not known what lay beyond was to great to refuse. I cryptically moved through the forest as if I was trying not to be seen, it might have been the bright twilight moon shining through the think oak trees  or the creepy rustling of the branches  that was somewhat sounded like scratching of chalkboard but  somewhere deep down I knew I wasn't alone. As I got further away from my house, my sanctuary the scarier and darker it got. I had to continue though, not for my mum sake who sat by the fire all day singing old lullabies to a portrait of my dad, or for my “friends” who thought hitting animals was a good example of fun, I done it to be free, to start over.

The escalating fog made it hard to see where I was going, I felt like I was walking in circles for miles now. I’m cold, I want to go home, I don’t know where I'm going, everything looks the same... I'm scared, the hoot hoot of an owl hovers over this haunted place, I feel like I'm being watched, from who, from where. The trees are staring at me there following me, all I want to do is go home, someone please help. I ran as fast as I could, no idea where I was going, anywhere was better than here I just needed to get away.

I kept turning back I was so paranoid and then it happened. I ran head first into a tree knocking me unconscious, i remember falling down, it was in slow motion I also remember being content and at peace with myself like all the worries were going to go away.  As I gained consciousness I dizzily realised it was light outside, i somehow knew everything was going to be okay until i heard the most disorientated, disgusting, slimy and mucus driven voice. All i head his say was
“I found her, she’s perfect”
He dragged my body into the unknown never to be seen again.
© Copyright 2012 Ecco (maderthanyou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903155-The-Woods