*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903294-Warrior
by Jenni
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1903294
A warrior goes into the darkest part of woods. What will happen?
                  Leaves whisper. Bushes tremble with excitement. Trees shed what’s left of the last rays of sunshine, towering over anyone who dares to trespass their territory.
         No one questions the towering giants’ authority. Except one. A young man in his prime. Wild unkempt hair. An exhausted pair of eyes, nonetheless full of life. A backpack clings on to his shoulders, barely holding on. A cautious velvet tread, the crunchy leaves under his feet fast asleep.
         Pitch darkness. The warrior, unafraid, takes no notice.
         The last ray of sunshine struggles through the towering giants. Wild unkempt hair. Eyes wide, full of life, though lifeless. A backpack sprawls by his side, struggling to hold on. A cautious velvet tread no more, the crunchy leaves beneath the young man in his prime awakened.
© Copyright 2012 Jenni (casualnrandom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903294-Warrior