*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903322-The-Suicide
Rated: · Short Story · Death · #1903322
Theme: A bit of love & attention can go a long way.
The Suicide
A bit of attention and love can go a very long way
Ashley is sitting in her bed starring out at the window, while thinking to herself “Why don’t they love me?” All she ever desired was love from them. She begins to think about suicide, with pictures in her mind of herself dead by the sea and the sulfur with the blade in her hand, covered with her own puddle of blood.
Ashley lives in California with both her parents. Ashley is a fourteen year old girl. She has beautiful long, blonde hair with crystal blue eyes. Ashley is daughter of Anderson, daughter of Mr. Thomas Anderson and Mrs. Jenna Anderson. They too, have blonde hair as well as crystal blue eyes. Ashley has many appearance similarities as them, though her character is much more different.
Ashley is the sweetest little girl ever. She seems like the happiest child ever. In school she is so bright and friendly with everyone she meets. Though, there is a lot more about her that you may not see. Ashley feels really lonely inside, since her parents pay her absolutely no attention nor give her any love at all. All she truly wants is love from her parents. That is far too much to ask in her situation though, since her parents are cold people who don’t know the meaning of love. They truly do not care about anyone, but themselves.
One day Ashley is left alone at home. Her parents leave her all alone knowing they live very close to dangerous waters. Ashley is left alone with millions of thoughts in her head. As soon as they leave out the door, she runs up to her room. There she lies in her bed. She begins to question her existence. “Why can’t they just seem to show a bit of affection towards me? That question runs through her mind with no end. Then horrible thoughts begin to appear in her head. “If I vertically cut my wrist, can they stitch that? “ So many more horrendous thoughts ran through her head for hours and hours.
She waited patiently for her parents to get home. The clocked ticked and ticked. “Tick, tock, tick, tock…” Ashley finally broke down! “I’m done, I can’t take this pain anymore, they never cared about me and they never will!” She ran out her room towards the front door! The sea was practically part of her home. She ran to it. She had a sharp blade in her hand. “I guess this is it”, she cried. There she did exactly what her thoughts told her to. She cut her wrist, oh so very bad. The blood dripped onto her clothing. No one, not one person was around to stop her. She quickly passed away once the blade cut her vein. She passed away like morning dew. Ashley died by the sulfur and the sea.
Moments after her death, a passing by stander noticed her unconscious body lying there. The man who was the passing by quickly called for help. They quickly arrived at the scene and took Ashley’s body. It lied there near the waters, with millions of vultures around . They marked her death as a suicide. Her parents were quickly informed about their daughter’s death. They cried and cried non-stop. Huge tears ran down their face for days and days. They knew it was their fault Ashley committed that horrendous act. From that day on, they visited her tomb stone every single day. They would sit there and talk to Ashley until it was time for them to leave. “I love you so much, sweetie, I hope you’re happy up there, I cannot wait till I get to see yet again.” Every single day that passed they felt closer and closer to her. It was as if Ashley was still alive, though this time she was actually noticed by them. “I miss you so much, but you’ll see once we’re together again I will devote my complete attention to you, honey.”
Her parents really did love her, but never could have the heart to show her. All it took was love for that incident to be prevented. Then maybe, just maybe they could have still had their little girl with them.
© Copyright 2012 Erica Perez (erperezivh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903322-The-Suicide