*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903525-The-Lucky-One
by rosa
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1903525
A girl who strugggles to save her moms life.
“Sarah please come quickly I need your help” said her mom. “What is it mother” said Sarah rushing to her mother’s room. Sarah walks in and notices that she is having trouble breathing she runs to her and tries to calm her down but her gams were shacking, after a while she was calm. Sarah asks her “What’s wrong mother why are you having trouble breathing what happened”. ”I don’t know I felt a pinch in my throat and I could not breath so I called you” said her mother. “Don’t worry Sarah I’m fine I had happened to me weeks ago” said her mother. Sarah tries to think about what happened weeks ago “well I don’t recall mother” said Sarah. “I’m better now just get ready we have to go to work remember” “ok” said Sarah. When they got to work they had a conversation with their boss they were dismissed. Sarah was sad and mad she could not believe her day was starting bad.


When they got home mother was feeling dizzy and had a very high fever the tried to get on the couch when she fell out of nowhere. Sarah did not know what to do she went to the kitchen and got cool water and a towel she wet the towel and pit it on her mother head. Sarah goes to town to look for a job but every job does not pay so well. She gets tired and decides to sit for a while then she decides to go home and see her mother to make sure everything is alright and if she woke up. She gets home and sits next to her mom and stares as the night goes by. The next morning her mom was wide awake “Good morning sweetie” she said “Good morning mother?” Sarah said. Mother gets up “let’s get ready for work” said mother “mother don’t you remember we got let loose” said Sarah.” I don’t recall anything of this” said mother.


They stand there for a minute until mother goes upstairs “what’s happening to my mother” said Sarah in a whispering voice. She gets her jacket and goes back into town she is still asking for a job but no one accepts her. She walks everywhere into town hoping something good will happen after a while Sarah gets hungry she sees a fruit stand and sees that no one is near it and decides to go near it before you knew it she has an apple in her hand right before she bits, “what are you doing!” said a man with boots and a cloth on “did you think you can just come around and be stealing stuff all the time” he said. “No sorry I was just hungry” the man interrupts her “so you think every time I’m hungry I decide to steal from fruit stand, did you think you could just come steal from me like you own the place did you?” said the man. “What is your name anyways little girl” he said, “My, my name is Sarah” she said in a low sacred voice. “Come here Sarah ill teach you a lesson in stealing from me again” he said while holding her arm tightly. So the man took Sarah to a room then a man walked in the man wasn’t any other man he was owner of the stand and they talked about the apple the owner of the stand was serious but had grim on his face. “It’s okay Sarah you are free to go” said the owner. “But sir she stole an apple and didn’t even pay or say anything about it, you are not going to punish her?” said the man. “Look John it’s just an apple nothing to worry about but next time she won’t steal another apple from anyone or anything came else” said the owner. So Sarah left as fast as she can before the owner would regret letting her go.


When she home her mother was pale Sarah could not stop staring at her, she was getting worried she kept thinking about negative things like what she would do after she’s gone. She went to her room and got a box from under her bed she opened it and saw that she only had 15 clams she sad but glad at the same time. She was glad that she had money and she can start saving money but she was sad because she did not have enough money. She thought if she could go into town, get medicine, and pay back later but she also thought that she would get razzed. She went home and her mom was in the floor screaming she rushes to her and screams. John was near the house when he heard the screaming he went running into the house. He starts to help sarah but suddenly her mother passes away.
Weeks passed John still cold not forget that night the screaming and crying. Sarah was put in a foster house and john decides to adopt her. "Sarah take your stuff we are leaving" he said, Sarah was glad and ran to hug him.

© Copyright 2012 rosa (rosaa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903525-The-Lucky-One