*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903564-THE-EVERLASTING-BURN
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1903564
This is a story about twin girls that are haunted by a dark entity, named Doris.
                    The windows were dark. The house and the twin girls felt empty. Fourteen year old Georgette and Roweena MaeHeart shivered from thier constant growing fear, as well as, from the biting cold that came in from the cracks in the window of the crumbling old house they had hid in.



" Do you think they saw us? " Rory asked her more solemn twin.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Cool as ice and slow to temper Georgie with the weird, glittering, snow blue eye's as if she had lost her sight long ago. That was not the case. Her sight had proven to be off the scale of normal human perception. Her papa sure had thought she was blind. What else was he suppose to think,when both parents were african american? Then the girls resembled niether of thier parents with thier mixture of mocha and creme skin, which made them a fine honey glazed color instead of the rich chocolate mama and papa had been. Had been.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              " I dont't think so, Roweena." Georgie said, pulling her twin more to her she silently promised to protect her always.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          It was not because Rory was the delicate twin that had been born second, entitling Georgie as the oldest sibling. Somehow she just knew she was the shield, and Rory? She tilted her twin head up, searching her sister's ruby-brown eyes. Who was Rory? Strange she should know her sister like her own soul, but she did not. Rory stare became shuttered, cutting off her emotions as they huddled together on the drafty wooden floor. Hiding from the cloaked demon hybrids, that had brutally murdered their parents this night.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              " Who are you Rory? " She asked, in a cool tone, her hold tightened on her sister's small, pointy chin.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Rory gaze flickered to the side for a moment as she thought, a mischevious secretive smile spilling out on her sweet face. Her gaze came back full force to Georgie's making the older girl gasp. Her eye's glowing full of an inner burning.



" Nothing and no-one really. I just happen to be the fire."
© Copyright 2012 Rose Bunta (rosalynrawls at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903564-THE-EVERLASTING-BURN