*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903797-The-Swamps-of-Jesu
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1903797
Entry for Prompt for 11/16 write a story that includes the words: master, journey, book
Quinton looked over his shoulder and sighed, the last leg of their journey had been torture. The Swamps of Jesu didn't get it's reputation as the most inhospitable place this side if the Uma river for it's natural beauty and friendly inns. It was in fact so rank with bandits that you couldn't take 10 steps without tripping over one. How they managed to live there, Quinton had no idea. However they managed it though, Quinton thought it a very fortunate thing that his master had specialized in illusion magic. The little disappearing acts had without a doubt, saved their lives on more than one occasion.

Although, reflected Quinton as he stared hard at his masters back, if the old man had just played it by the book back in Trenton, they wouldn't have had to do this little trek in the first place. Sighing more in frustration Quinton moved up to beside his master, who currently was looking at an old map that was supposed to lead them to some sort of treasure.

“Bollocks,” the old man cried glaring at Quinton, as though it was his fault they were in there current predicament. Turning around his master glared at the tree covered swamp from which they had just immerged and to Quinton’s horror started walk back towards it.

Standing there in part shock and horror Quinton saw his master slowly shrinking in the horizon. The senile old bat had taken a wrong turn. Cursing Quinton chased after his master, to once again enter the Swamps of Jesu.
© Copyright 2012 Lost In Depth (cmcarl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903797-The-Swamps-of-Jesu