*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904440-The-Human-Condition
Rated: 18+ · Other · Opinion · #1904440
A look at human weakness
So, what’s your talent? Apparently I can write, I’m not saying that I’m good or shit at it, I’m just saying I can. Thing is I can also breathe and I can also eat and so far that hasn’t made me very special. Yes, yes I know what you’re thinking; but eating and writing are two different things.

That may be my dear Watson but everyone can do something; run, write, dance, kick a ball, swing a bat, strum an instrument, what is that makes a person extraordinary? How does one go about initializing your own x factor? This is what I struggle to comprehend because I may think that Shakespeare is the definition of pure awesomeness but someone else may be believe that David Beckham is the true epitome of godlikeness. So now you’re probably thinking, opinions differ, so fucking what. Exactly right there, everyone is different and special and blah blah blah. Why? How can you say that with such confidence? Because everyone has different personalities?

Lately I’ve noticed a very tragic human condition; wanting something you can’t have. And I am as guilty as any other random on this globe we call home. Why is that though? Every song, every movie, every argument, every murder, every war is because of one single thing. Secretly wanting something that you’re not allowed to fucking have. Be it the hot dude with a girl, the oil rigs in some sad third world country or the chicken mayo sarmies in your friend’s lunch box. Essentially; what is the reason; the catapult to wanting power? It’s very simple sunshine it’s the need to eat.

Centuries ago you were judged on how much live stock you had, how many apples you had in your orchard, how big your well was. Nowadays power isn’t counted with the actual munchies but with money, but what the fuck do you buy with that money? Fair enough some fuckers buy stocks, others yachts, some purchase big mansions and the tragic ones buy drugs. But what do you spend money on every single day? Yes you guessed it… FOOD! Boiling all of this down I do come to the conclusion that humans are just as primal as any other animal on earth. We will kill, maim, lie, deceive, kick, bite so that we can get to the top and when we are there what do we do? We fucking eat!!!!!! Really? Somehow I feel that in essence life is truly pointless, or maybe I’m just being very, very pessimistic.

This is most probably the time in the debate where someone will say, but what about religion? Religion is a coping mechanism for humans to help them understand the things that they can’t comprehend. The Greeks had their gods on mount Olympus; the Druids had their forests; the Christians have their bible; the Muslims have their Koran, etc, etc. All of these different religions, but essentially all the same, praying to a higher power so that you can believe that there is a reason to life other than eating and procreating.

Either way the truth is; whether you do have an extra ordinary talent, or banks full of money or eight wives, essentially we are all the same, we eat so that we can live so that we can strive to be different. Oh the irony of life.
© Copyright 2012 Merishia (merishia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904440-The-Human-Condition