*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904486-The-Witness
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1904486
About a woman seeking for justice.
“By the virtue of the law vested upon me, I hereby sentence the suspect guilty!”

Ha! At last! I have waited a long time for this, that this tainted and vicious man be sentenced to death! For I’ve spent years enlightening the authorities that were deaf to my pleas, that this man had mercilessly raped and murdered the victim. You may ask me why? Because I’ve seen it! All the terrible things he had done. Here, in this narrative which I am about to open---yet, I do not want to expound it for it brings me those haunted memories---lay the terrifying things that I witnessed.

It was a chilly dark of July and I was strolling at the park. I tried to soothe my mind from the troubles that kept haunting me while looking at the atmosphere. When I passed this abandoned building, I saw a light. Yes, I remember; it was quite strange. I stopped and looked at it though an eerie feeling had enveloped my whole being. But then, curiosity overwhelmed I moved towards it and examined the place.

I was astonished by the revelation for I saw a beautiful girl sleeping silently on a table. I tried to move myself closer for inspection when suddenly a man who seemed familiar emerged into the room.

He was a man in his 30s if I’m not wrong. On his left hand a bottle of concoction that can put anyone into a deep slumber and a serviette on his right. He was looking at the unconscious girl with a wicked smile painted on his lips. Then slowly he undressed the girl and after spending time satisfying his carnality, he brutally killed her.

Cursed him! For I know this man and I will never forget his appearance; his image has been imprinted in my soul. Even though I was enraged, even though I wanted to kill this man with my own hands, even though I wanted to help the soul of the unfortunate girl…there was nothing I could do.

But now, the joy that I feel is overwhelming for the court’s judgment has been rendered!

...although it’s been years since it happened, I couldn’t fail to remember that this tainted and vicious man that was sentenced to death...also did the same things to me.
© Copyright 2012 born-san (born-san at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904486-The-Witness