*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904645-Objective--Part-One
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1904645
Avril Hartay, a young girl, has the government chasing after her. For the necklace.
I set my bowl in the sink. The milk splashed onto my arm. Gross. I wiped it off with a paper towel. I heard a loud thudding upstairs in dads room. Finally, hes awake. I quickly sat down so that I was facing the stairs and tried to look like an adult. I saw his blue and black plaid slippers appear first.
"Dad." I said. He looked like he was barely awake. His brown hair a mess, and dark circles under his blue eyes.
"Well, aren't you up early?" He asked with a smile. Ugh. It's gonna be one of these days. One of the days that he has to act like nothing is different about it. Like it's the same as any other day.
"Dad." I repeated, hoping that I had the tone in my voice that would throw him a hint. I glance at his lips. Cut again. "You were out fighting again, weren't you?" I asked, accidently changing the subject.
"Avi, I don't want you to freak out like that. I can do what I please, when I please." He said, throwing a cutting edge look at me.
"This is different dad. You said you wouldn't fight anymore. And stop calling me Avie. You know my name, use it." I forced a disappointed look on my face. I hope it didn't look like a sad face.
"Ok, Avril. Why aren't you ready for school?" He asked, changing the subject once more. He knows what hes doing.
"Because I'm not going today." I stated flatly.
"Oh really? And on what occasion would you be able to do this?" Finally we are back on track.
"Mom died two years ago today." I informed him. "Remember?" I could feel the air tense up. He grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and started putting cereal in it.
"Go get ready for school, Avril Victoria. And make sure your brother is up and ready too." He said, scowling. Heat rose to my ears. I spun on my socks and stormed upstairs. There is no way I would win this battle. Not even if it was for mom. I banged on Xanders' door.
"You knocked." He said, yawning. I shifted my weight. "How did it go, Ave?"
"If I told you, you would go down and try to change it." I said. Sadly, he would do it. For me, for mom, for us.
"Alright well, we better get ready for school." He said, grabbing my shoulders and walking me to my room. Best older brother ever. I can't see why he doesn't date girls. Hes really cute and all the girls crush on him and he knows it. His hair spiked in the front above his forehead, black. His nose perfect. Freckles dotting beneath his eyes. He has moms eyes. Bright green.
© Copyright 2012 jayde.cornel (jayde.cornel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904645-Objective--Part-One