*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905575-Elementary-Physics
by Spiel
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1905575
Jeremy learns about the bees.
Jeremy looked at the beehive while picking his nose.  Jeremy was in a bind.

"Get rid of those bees!" his mother had said. He had assumed there were ten bees, twenty at most. Not the one million bees which buzzed around their waxy home.

Gripping the broom, he gently pushed the beehive. Nothing happened. Jeremy pushed a little harder and the hive swung the tiniest bit. He stuck his finger back in his nose hoping he would get inspiration from the golden nuggets inside and he did, soft of.

Jeremy looked at his right hand and wiggled the fingers comparing them to the size of the hole in the hive.

It'll probably fit, he thought and promptly thrust his hand deep into the hive.

His mother didn't tell him bees can sting. She also failed to mention the pain.

Howling loudly, Jeremy ran from the tree towards his house, but the beehive came with him as his hand went in far easier than it came out of the opening. He waved his hand around trying to get the darned thing off as he yelped every time he got stung, but to no avail.

Finally, he bashed the hive against the side of the house and it shattered sending two million angry bees into the air.

Jeremy screamed at the top of his lungs and ran to the open backdoor behind his mother who had a look of horror.

He bolted into the house, whipped around and closed the back door, locking it before sinking to the floor.

That's one way to get rid of bees, he thought as his mother's high-pitched screams created a tribal cadence with the bangs on the door at his back.
© Copyright 2012 Spiel (spiel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905575-Elementary-Physics