*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905779-Only-Time-Will-Tell
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #1905779
Two teenagers learn of a life altering gift.
"Why shouldn't I kill them all off? They want to kill us off! They deserve to die as much as we do. I say every single one of them is just in OUR way and deserve to be punished for their ignorance."

"You know this isnt right Shay, I can't let you hurt them...not all of them are bad."

"None of them care about US! Why should I care about them!"

"WE are the intruders here. This is their world WE are the anomaly. Come with me, we will run away together to somewhere they will never find us!"

"They will ALWAYS find us. We shouldn't have to HIDE away. We are god's compared to them! They will hunt us down as if we are their prey. Why in the world would you want to protect THEM?"

"Because I was given the power to do so, just like you! They need us to guide them, they are afraid of us now but we will make them understand. Comeon Shay, I can't do this without you, I need you."

"They are afraid of us, only because they started this fight and I plan to finish it! And if you aren't with me then get out of my way!"

"Shay don't make me choose, I can't fight you. But I can't let you slaughter them! Please Shay, remember what we are...what we mean to each other. Don't throw it all away to satisfy your anger!"

"I'm not satisfying my anger, I'm trying to survive! And if you are going to stand in my way, then you will have no choice but to fight me!"

*****************************************

As her right hand became lit up like a large fire, and a bow extended from her left hand, I knew I had chosen the right ones to watch. And at this moment, not even I was sure who would win. Which was evil, and which was good. The reasons on both sides had merit, yet neither were willing to find a compromise. Strange that these two were once such good friends, and now were willing to fight to preserve what they thought was right.

Through the rolling green hills of Ireland I wish to show you what is and what was their life.

*****************************************

"No, no... That can't be right Jilleen. The target is supposed to be at 50 meters, not 100."

"Sorry, Shayla. Coach said you needed more of a challenge. If you keep hitting bullseyes all day you're going to make us all look bad. This way, we at least have a chance to beat you."

"I thought that this was supposed to be a competition. No competition show's favoritism towards one over another."

"This isn't a competition, it's a way to show how good you really are with that thing."

"Fine, then stand back and let's see how good I really am."

I had never tried to shoot a target at 100 meters before, it seemed rather impossible. The furthest target I ever shot at was only 50 meters away. The coach was watching me with a huge grin on his face. It almost said, "I know you can't do this Shayla." I think that urked me even more than moving the target. I had to shake all of those thoughts out of my head if I were actually going to hit the target.

I lined up the bow and arrow with the target and drew the arrow back to my ear. I zoned my mind into a blank state, seeing only the bullseye of the target, and nothing else. I saw the target as if it were moving toward me. Getting closer and closer. There was no way this was really happening, I continued to think to myself. My mind was a complete blank slate, ready to be written on. The target looked as if it were only 25 meters away now. I knew I would hit the bullseye now. Just as I went to release my arrow though, a new presense walked through the door, and my arrow flew.

The rest of the students around who were watching were now laughing at me as the new student walked up to the coach. I don't know why he grabbed my attention away from the bullseye, but something was different about this boy. Something I couldn't quite put my finger on. Then suddenly I felt someone tapping me on my shoulder.

"Guess you aren't as good as you thought you were, huh Shayla."

Jilleen was purposely trying to urke me, I knew she wouldn't ever want to see me fail, but she was laughing right along with the rest. All I could do is smile at her as the new student approached to also watch.

"Guess my next shot will let us know for sure, Jilleen."

I turned around, drew another arrow from it's post, and stretched the string back to my ear once again. I emptied my head of all thoughts, and fired the arrow. It streaked through the air, I swear I could almost hear it whistle as it flew. With a silent thump it stuck the target in the very center of the bullseye.

"Showing off for the new guy huh, sweety!"

"No Jilleen, showing off for you baby."
© Copyright 2012 J.W. Knight (xanamiar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905779-Only-Time-Will-Tell