*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1906406-The-Will-to-Survive-Chapter-Two
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1906406
This is the second part of my on-going story. We switch point of views to a man in hell.
2016, November twenty third, two years after first infections

“We got to get out of here man”
“We can’t leave them”
“Why not? They would leave us in a heartbeat”
“George we can’t leave them”


Louis was part of SWAT before it all started. He thought he saw it all; hostages massacred for no good reason, kids, adults all murdered over the stupidest things in life. When the infections started he was a first responder in Los Angeles. A small part of the city got infected and all hell broke loose. He was there and barely made it out alive. Now he stood, in the hellish place called Ivanstead where the air itself is poisoned. If he wasn’t wearing a protective suit he would have either died or turned by now. Jacky and Khan went in to investigate, a couple of national guardsmen from an apartment that was thought to be secured always made trips out there but they were gone now and these four are all that's left. Since they were attacked by the Mallers a lot of the remanding survivors went separate ways. The soldiers from the "Tower" as they called it, were nowhere to be found, and the Mallers made camps around the rubble that was their safe-haven for so long. Now here he stood with George debating leaving their people. Louis and George stayed on guard with the hum-vee they liberated from a nearby military base. Jacky and Khan went in the town to look for clues to what the fuck was going on. They left an hour ago the agreed time to wait. Now, here he was with the criminal, now his partner, debating if they should go in or get the hell out.

“After everything that happened we can’t leave them” Louis was doing his best to convince George.

“You kidding man? You want me to risk my life for some piece of shit Asian and some cunt? Man, we should just leave now. We got supplies and a big ass military vehicle!”

“And you're not at all curious about what is here? Michael said the earth here is cracked down the middle!”

“I don’t give a fuck what Michael said! Him that black bitch, Saw, and the Brit are all dead. And if they ain’t they left us for dead which is worse.”

“How the fuck can you think of leaving OUR people behind! You piece of shit coward”

“Hey man, just cause your some fancy cop doesn’t mean shit now. I may have done time but that’s over now. You just think I'm like those Mallers don’t you?”

“No I think-“ Louis was cut off by the sound of something exploding. He looked and saw smoke rising from one of the houses. “Shit! Get down!” he commanded as he raised his m16 towards the blast. George grabbed his p99, a peashooter compared to the heat Louis was packing but he still didn’t trust George.

Then they saw Khan running towards them, behind him about thirty of the ugliest most mutated demons he has ever seen. Khan was cut down by the beast in the lead, a hellish monster that didn’t even appear human, its head was deformed to the point of looking like that of a dog, it had claws longer than most hands and its skin was a diseased black. As it ripped into Khan the others ran towards them not giving a second look to their fellow beast taking its meal. George shot wildly into the oncoming crowd doing little good.

Louis raised his weapon and with the precision that came with four years of military training and five working with SWAT he took out one after another of the beasts that so wanted their flesh. Suddenly the very earth shook and he saw the cause as the beasts ran towards him, a monster well over nine foot tall and bulky as a rhino slammed its way through its kin crushing the unfortunate ones under foot as it charged.

“We need to get the fuck out of here man!” George panicked.

“No we don’t” Louis said as he turned to George, put the barrel of his service pistol to Georges head, and pulled the trigger.

He then climbed into the hum-vee and drove away as fast as he could barely escaping hell.
© Copyright 2012 Michael E (death6997 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1906406-The-Will-to-Survive-Chapter-Two