*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1906827-Prompt
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1906827
First time ever writing something. ever. for a prompt I got from an app, Under a bridge.
Under a bridge
A made up person
A bent paperclip
Vanilla


I can’t believe I ended up under this bridge waiting for her.
It was just your average sticky hot summer day. One of those days that you just don’t want to move and you need to constantly remind yourself that it is not socially acceptable to rip all your clothes off and throw yourself into the fountain that they built in the quad last spring.
But she is there. in all her glory, like the heat doesn’t even affect her in the slightest. The only proof of her humanity is the bead of sweat that made its way down the back of her neck but then it disappears below the collar of her shirt and you are again left there thinking how someone so beautiful could even exist in this world. She makes it bearable.
The teacher is talking - something about enzymes I think, but I never pay attention in this class well not this year anyway, not since he made her your lab partner. It was fate. The teacher said so himself when he filled a beaker with all the students names and started pulling them out in pairs.
She was always just the unattainable popular girl, the cliché. she was even dating the quarterback at the start of the term but that ended when she walked in on him with the linebacker.
I don’t even realise that she was asking me a question until she snaps her fingers in front of my face, I can smell her body lotion - vanilla. of course. and her smile, my god her smile.
“practice quiz? after school? yes? no? Olly...” she is the only one you let call you Olly. I barely stutter out a “yeah of course” before that gorgeous smile takes over “okay great! meet me under the bridge by the lake, it’s kinda the only place I can study...” she brushed a lock of blonde hair out of her eye as she looks down and thats when I see it, a paperclip - its off the practice exam but she has bent it out of shape and it sort of looks like... “is that a h-” and she's kissing me. she.is.kissing.me. me. And then like that she’s gone. and the only proof I have that it actually happened and I didn't imagine the whole thing is the paperclip I have in my hand shaped into a heart.
© Copyright 2012 emmajane (tinkerstiles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1906827-Prompt