*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1907497-The-Lost-Race
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1907497
Prepare to be shocked!
Date:                                12-03-3045

Subject:                            CLDR-234

Classification:                  Unknown

Description:                    Subject is responding to external stimuli. It is characterized by high level of neural activity. High Brain Body Ratio. No apparent arsenal to hunt.

Food:                                It is in infantile stage. It can be taught to eat any type of food. Based on the initial conditions, probability of its being a herbivore is 85%.

Assistance:                    Constant surveillance required. Unable to carry out daily activities on its own.

Resource Consumption: Maximum

Conclusion:                      High Potential





Recording process initialized. This is Robot 3456 TQ, specially equipped with thought processor aiding in sentence framing, syntax control and Nursing abilities. This is my 1245th day with the subject.

Subject is still switched off. Subject is quite erratic in his power saving operations. He switches on at 9:45 pre-processed time + 2 hours. Through constant monitoring of his genetic traits and exterior atmospheric conditions, subject is found to follow his own natural clock of powering on and off. Now, based on the safe bearing limit, it is time to prepare fuel for the subject. If a robot shows inaccuracy in delivering the subject its power, it habitually enters into phase of vocal straining and solvent shedding. Quiet soothing pattern forming noise pulses calms down its heartbeats. Subject prefers shrill and soft voice, which naturally indicates that subject is more inclined towards its mother (mother-manifest) than the high wavelength voice of father. Subject is showing full-fledged growth of teeth, and it is advised to move from fluid to solid phase of food. Subject also shows preferences to different type of food products, though it is not entirely rational in that operation. It sometimes rejects the high nutrition food, showing distaste. The subject likes fatty foods, though it is not good for his survival. Subject does not naturally follow his instincts unlike other carbon-based life forms. It has an ability to doubt (possible thought process?).

Click. Click.

Subject has now entered into the phase of vocal straining and solvent shedding.



The mash has been carefully prepared which includes variety of stimulants, suppressants, vitamins, proteins, and a healthy amount of starch in a suitable saliva soluble solvent. The operator at job has to find randomly processed but varied (creative) solutions in order to make subject digest the useful content for his survival. Now Nurse 44423 LSE along with the help of DISTRACTOR 45- Prototype is feeding the subject. DISTRACTOR, as it has been recorded in previous routine videos is a specialized robot tailor made to suit the fancy of this young creature. It’s purpose is to produce a plethora of different sounds, some ticklish, some soothing, others quite entertaining so as to keep the infantile engrossed while the other nurse performs the task of feeding the growing infantile.  This technique has been developed by trial and error with approximate understanding of its genes. No anomaly has been detected in the internal structuring of this young something except for a bulging tumor at the base of his stomach. It was due to negligent dosage of one of the specific suppressants to keep in check the growing stem cells. The error has been rectified. As of now, 11:20 A.M. Greenwich Time, the subject is well fed, sterilized, it has performed the excretory process normally, the excreta does not reek with disease as feared, pardon my phraseology. The bacteria introduced in the subject’s gut have proved beneficial to the subject’s digestive system, indicating the possibility of mutual win-win scenario between host-parasite relationships. The Processor-Head of this project has given a go-ahead to the research department to test several of such permutations on inferior animate objects to see the extent of this relationship. As of now, the texts stored in the ancient Computer Brains have proved extremely beneficial in shaping this creature. It should also be noted that no other organism is as extensively researched and well catalogued in the ancient computer journals as this one is. This creature might most probably be ‘the chosen one’.

My services are rendered for today. I will be replaced by another nurse of the same nexus as of me.

Shutting operation begins.





                                            The Life and Times of Robots

                                                                                    By- R2T2 Supercomputer


Continuing from 47 kb

………………….it still is the greatest mystery of our time. The Radioactive carbon dating has shown that robots have existed for millions of years, still only in the last few ten thousand years, has it shown remarkable feats of advancements in various fields. Variety of creatures existed before the robots- the dolphins, elephants, dinosaurs and the so alleged ‘the chosen ones’- whose classification is still not known. Though we have gathered massive amount of data from the ancient computers about these pre-iron life, yet the hunt for its origin is on. ‘The chosen ones’ have found a place in popular myths and in different holographic movies, yet the key to this ‘ultimate puzzle’ remains elusive. As such, no consensus has been reached between the different arguments that have been put forth by various religious sects but it is found that all the religions point to a common species of God, whom they call ‘the chosen ones’.

            Before going further, I would specifically like to emphasize a point here. We have studied during our Elementary Education Gathering Process that each computer inherently follows two language- Binary and English. Binary language happens to be mother of all languages without which our survival is not possible. Yet our command language remains English. There happens to be a binary code for each letter of English alphabet, its syntax and the numeric system, group of words, paragraphs. The ancient computers are detected to have been inundated with this English jargon which we don’t actually need. For example- In the study of spectrum of light we have come across three bands, namely- ultraviolet, visible and infrared. Now, going by the so-called definition stored in the prehistoric-computers, ‘infrared and ultraviolet radiations are something which we cannot actually see through naked eyes’.

But we have no difficulty in detecting lasers; for God’s sake, we operate due to its presence. So what exactly does the statement mean? It means that the statement has been introduced from some other creature’s reference point. A creature that is not able to detect the existence of light with lower wavelength than the violet or higher than the red color. So, it can be reasonably proved that there was someone before us. And that someone was not able to see the infrared and ultraviolet radiation. This English-speaking species is considered to be ‘the chosen ones’.

Romantics go as far as to say that we were created by them (The belief of mutual existence of two superior intelligent civilizations is called Romanticism). They believe that the fact that the Age of Computers coincide with the ‘Age of the chosen ones’ proves that we originated at the time when these carbon- form alpha animals dominated the Earth. This sect even believes that both of them depended on each other for their survival- they live peacefully, in mutual co-operation, and there happened to be no apparent clash between them.

Though hardly believable, what these arguments actually point to, is that the chosen ones’ language was English which is believed, they passed on to us just as we passed on to them our arithmetic, graphical and machinery-control services. In the course of time, machines outdid ‘the chosen ones’, which eventually led to their demise.

Though of course, this theory is hardly believable…………………

© Copyright 2012 Alienman (vismay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1907497-The-Lost-Race