*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1907633-Revenge-for-the-fallen
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1907633
This is a sample and please tell me if I should keep writing. Samurai style story.
The scream rang out throughout the night, Jake ran through the corridor as fast as he could, his katana knocking against his leg as he ran past tapestries and paintings. He finally stopped when he got to the door he was looking for. On either side of the door were paintings; on one side was a cloud and the sun, whereas on the other side there was a red ogre with a long horn on its head. As he pushed open the door he looked onto the scene, his father was lying there in a pool of blood with a katana through his back. The katana was black the colour of obsidian, and the handle was gold and red criss-cross, the blade looked expensive, but meant for business. He looked around, however there was no sign of the assailant. All that was left was that Katana, and his father. Upon closer inspection Jake may have noticed the dirt on the window, however why would he have needed to look there all he wanted to see was his father. People progressed into the room shortly and it was only at this point that the real impact of what had happened hit Jake, he had no father and that meant he suddenly had more duties than he had ever had in his life. He fell to the ground and immediately started crying. His tears started pooling in the floor, he knelt there for many hours weeping for his father and finally when he stopped he stood up and looked down at the most iconic thing he had ever seen in his life; his tears had formed a pool and had eventually formed a ying-yang symbol with his father’s blood. He then stepped solemnly out of the room without further disturbance. That night Jake worked through in his mind all the people who had held grudges against his father, but one name kept popping into his head; his uncle George. George had been his Jake’s father’s older brother who had been banished for attempting to kill his own father in order to take over, having failed he was then banished by a very solemn Clan leader. Jake thought over the event in his mind over and over again and all he could think of was his Uncle’s last words “this is the last you will see of me, however I will never, never! Leave your lives” he then simply left, as a defeated man.
Jake woke up, hoping that the previous night had all been a dream, but when he saw the emblem of the clan leader on the table, he knew that the nightmare of the previous night was very real, his father was dead, leaving him as the leader of the Shinka clan. He dressed as simply as possible however he had to wear the emblem on kimono. He then slipped on his sandals and attached his katana to the side of his waist before heading down the hall. Wherever he went eyes would follow him, and heads would turn. People would whisper behind him and he knew they would never say good things. He headed to the main hall for the opening of the court. His advisors sat on his right side: the 3 of them were in order from left to right Krag: a strong burly man with a whispy moustache and a goatee, he had jet black hair and was the chief war advisor, to his right was Han: Han was a well-built, clean shaven man with brown hair, he wore 2 Katanas, one on each side along with a white kimono symbolising him as Jakes chief advisor. The last man was a small man with no hair at all, he was in charge of the clan’s trades and expenses. Across the hall was the judge: a man with a white moustache, we was old however he was a healthy man. The lower members of the clan walked in with their problems ranging from “this man accused me of stealing some wheat” to “ I want to join the military however they say I’m not in good enough condition”. The Shinka clan was special in the way that anyone could be heard about anything so long as they were willing to wait. After hours of day to day problems it came to the topic that Jake had been dreading all day; the arrangements for his father funeral. “Can’t this wait?” Jake screamed,
“No we have to make arrangements quickly so we can begin the formal ceremony naming you our new clan leader”. The talks went on in similar fashion for a while before Jake popped the question “what shall we do about my Uncle, I mean he was my father’s brother after all and we have to let him go to his brother’s funeral” ” if that is what you wish we could have his funeral at the shrine of the water in order to allow your uncle to come” the Judge calmly replied.

Jake hadn’t seen George for years however there was a highly suspicious look about him, he wore no Katana and he kept looking left and right as if someone was watching him. His long black hair now had streaks of grey in it however he was still the strong man that had attempted to assassinate his father. Jake approached George in a casual manner, “ so George how do u like the pond?”
“cut the small talk we know the reason that you invited me here, you think that I killed my brother don’t you?. Well let me tell you this that sword was from a secret organization led by my father to undermine the world and take over, black red and gold; death, blood, and money. That is all they stand for now let me out of here, they know that I know about them so they will kill me too”.
This left Jake taken aback, he thought that his father had been killed by his brother but perhaps it was someone else, or something else that got his father killed. Intrigued Jake asked for his Uncle to go on. ‘When we were younger your father and I found some documents lying on our then alive father’s desk, this letters as they were carried a seal that was unknown to us at the time. We opened the letters and read the contents of them, inside they spoke of things unknown to us such as the Quaromanji who supposedly were a group of assassins who would interrogate and then kill people for a fee. The letter bore neither signature nor name but instead had a seal”.
Jake’s brow furrowed as he thought of what to make of this tale, he then did his best to calmly speak “what was on the seal?”
“Why should I tell you when I could show you?” George then simply pulled out a letter from his pocket, it was tattered and had become discoloured with age but it had been taken care of remarkably. Jake opened up the letter and read the contents which agreed with what George had said of the Quaromanji, it also went into depth of secret dealings that had happened in the clan of the time it was written. The seal as the last thing Jake looked at, there were 2 katanas crossed over each other surrounded by a circular chain of what appeared to be formed of dragons biting their own tails.
© Copyright 2012 James the strange (james2344 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1907633-Revenge-for-the-fallen