*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1908271-Lily-Christmas
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Atram
Rated: · Short Story · Mystery · #1908271
This story specifically tells of the narrator meeting and losing his character name Lily.
On Christmas Eve, he found Lily. There was a warm trickle of sweat at the back of his head. He blinked and jumped until he could see her at the other end of a large crowd at Civic Square. She wore a loose short-sleeve dress, and a straw hat to hide her from whatever sunshine is left.

            Tears filled up his eyes as Lily gazed down at a drawing on her hand. When she turns her head towards him, three teenage boys with Santa beards walked passed him. They had reindeer horns, and a doll dressed as an elf.

            Lily was gone when the boys made their way.





            Two days after Christmas, the sky became old. The stratus clouds creaked and curved like wrinkles. The sun was a dilated pupil. He was at the Civic Centre at three in the afternoon. He felt the first drop through his eyelids where his eyeballs hid underneath.

At this time, there was only a scatter around the area. There were three women riding scooters, a bearded man with a snowman mask, and a boy wearing his father’s coat. When they left, one hour later, the sky had no eyes.

            Why didn’t you wait for me? He rolled to the side.

            I had to go somewhere.

            I didn’t tell you to.

            There was a kitty dress as Ms. Claus
, Lily says, I had to see it but you were gone when I came back.

            How long did you played with it? The grass became wet.

            An hour, the sudden gush made her move close to him. I was trying to save it from getting wet.

            At the fountain

            At the beach

            How did you walked back?
He turned to face her only to see her glide to the library. The body of the sky began to decay.
© Copyright 2012 Atram (swallowedsun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1908271-Lily-Christmas