*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910191-Marley-and-Tina
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest · #1910191
Two of my most popular characters meet up for a secret tale
It was not at all what they expected. The women sat at the bar sipping on their cocktails. Neither dared look at the other, though they both had a number of questions to ask. Finally the brunette checked the area to make sure they were alone, which they were and had been for quite some time. “Marley, are you sure that the job is done?”

“You know, on Jerry Springer they had the lesbian daughters who were sleeping with their mothers boyfriends and the anger that both felt was unbelievable.” Marley O’Hara answered. She brought the glass up to her lips and took another long pull of the frothy liquid from the glass. “I am telling you that the lesbians were really mad at their moms for giving birth to them, because all they wanted to do was sleep with them. That’s why they had sex with the mother’s boyfriends. It’s all very complicated.”

“You are not answering my question. Did you or did you not complete the task? It’s a simple yes or not question!” Tina Pain asked. She glanced over at her companion, hoping to find a clue as to whether the assignment had been completed or not. “Please, no more riddles just tell me yes or no.”

“Over on Maury, this other day, he had on one of them women who have sex with everyone. I mean everyone! So this girl has like 80 guys who could be the father of her baby but she doesn’t know which one it is.” Marley took a drink from her cup and stood up. “So Maury being the good guy that he is, performs all of these DNA tests and it turns out that the father is one of two brothers. It was a real nail biter.”

“For the love of God, Please tell me! Did you get the job done or not?” Tina paused; tears tumbled out of her eyes. Her worst fears were about to be realized. “The Japanese got to you, didn’t they? They turned you against me and now I am going to have to pay for telling people that I could see Japan from my house!”

“Dr. Phil talked to a woman just yesterday who had completely lost control of her family. I mean her daughter was sleeping with this older guy who could have been her daddy, the son was doing drugs and offering to give Dr. Phil a ‘howdy doody’ if you know what I mean. I mean right on national tv that boy asked Dr. Phil to drop his pants, it was quite unbelievable like those Lohans or Jacksons.” Marley stepped away from the bar, and looked around for something. “I tell ya, sometimes I just don’t know about people. I mean why the mother couldn’t stop her kids from acting a fool is beyond me.”

Tina pushed her chair away from the bar and stood up. From her jacket pocket she retrieved her gun and held it towards Marley. Her breathing grew heavier by the second, her hands were shaking. She held the gun away from her body and tried to steady her hand. “I will kill you if you don’t answer me! No more riddles, just tell me the truth! Is the job done? Please just answer my question in plain English!!”

“Anderson Cooper had this very interesting segment on his show, I know he’s a friend of Dorothy but that man is so damn cute it’s hard not to be attracted to him. Anyways, the segment was all about this guy who was having Post traumatic stress syndrome, the guy was not so cute. I mean if they knew Anderson Cooper was going to interview someone like that, they could have at least found someone who was attractive. I mean you don’t see Ricki Lake interviewing people who are ugly.” Marley seemed to be lost in thought for a second. She closed her eyes and sucked in a deep breath. “It’s such a shame that his producers don’t take better care of him.”

“Listen you Jap loving Nazi, I need to know whether or not you completed the job! I don’t know why you insist on acting like an idiot all the freaking time! I just need you to give me a simple yes or no answer but you won’t do it! I don’t care about Anderson Cooper or who he’s interviewing, if you didn’t complete this job the Japs are coming to get me, and I will die!” Tina’s fingers squeezed the trigger, a bullet exploded out of the gun and she was pushed backwards. The bullet hit a mirror and shattered it into a thousand little pieces. “Just freaking answer the question!”

“There’s no need to be hostile about things.” Marley shook her head in disbelief. “Yes I killed the Senator, you have nothing to worry about. All you had to do was ask.”

Word count 817
© Copyright 2012 Author Ed Anderson (spaz11081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910191-Marley-and-Tina