*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910410-A-nice-sunny-morning
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Writing · #1910410
Frans woke up and went about his business but his day was about to take a turn.
It was a nice sunny morning, so nothing different there. One is inclined to precede the word sunny with nice, but there was nothing about these hot, clammy mornings that Frans liked. They were the juncture between a sleepless night spent sweating on the bed sheets and a hazy day spent sweating on the car seat.



He walked outside into the aroma of baked goodness that clung to the humidity and ambled his way towards the bakery. He’ll have a Teacher’s today with the usual order of buns and brownies that have already been packaged for him. As he thanked God and the enterprising souls who provided him with a bakery that had a liquor section just across the road, he heard a screeching of brakes and was duly viewing the world sideways.



‘I’m so sorry, I wasn't expecting you to walk across, oh my god, you’re hurt, stay put there’s a cut on your head, I’ll call an ambulance first, oh my god I’m so sorry, I just...’ Frans waved her words away and said he’d rather be ran over again by a truck than go anywhere in an ambulance but at her insistence he was driven to the clinic.



The young doctor said he was about to feel two stings, one when she injected the morphine and one when she put in the one stitch. Frans sulked, isn’t it better then, to just stitch him up and be done with it? Oh yes, that had not occurred to her, she chirped, as she prepared needle and thread and approached him. What she did not realise was that as she worked on his forehead, his nose was two inches away from her ample breasts. Frans did not feel a thing, seems like today will be a good day he thought.



Word coung: 301
© Copyright 2012 Micha Wheeler (michawheeler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910410-A-nice-sunny-morning