*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911772-A-Day-More
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1911772
13-year-old Amanda was always viewed as an outsider. Now she's trying to change her life.
I


Day7*- 8:35am

December 17th.

Sorry I haven’t been writing lately, Eric passed away a week ago and I'm finally returning to school. Hope no one looks at me funny.

-Amanda

 “Looks like you're finally back at school,” I turned around to see Taylor and her little ‘pack.’

“What do you want?” I asked slamming my locker shut.

“Nothing, we just missed you over the days you were gone,” she said sarcastically, her group bursting into laughter. I was always the pit of everyone’s jokes.

“Leave me alone, I'm not in the mood,” I said trying to push pass the girls. I was a so called ‘gothic nerd.’ I was incredibly smart but even more so antisocial.

“Listen,” one girl pushed me back, my back slamming into the locker.

“We were just worried about you,” another smirked.

“Shut up,” I snapped. Taylor laughed grabbing my glasses.

“Be a good little girl, okay?” she teased. I hated her and her stupid gang, even so I stayed quiet for I couldn't see anything but a blur of colors. I wasn't liked by anyone; to be honest I don't think I ever had a friend in my entire life except for Eric. My long brown hair always hiding my face away from the rest of the world. Suddenly my body went cold. Even without glasses I could tell what was in her hand. Scissors.

I could feel her grab a lock of my hair. “Don't!” I screech pulling back as fast as I could, two girls grabbing my arms.

“Stay still, I don't want to accidentally cut you,” she chuckled. I heard the scissor snips as I felt my hair fell to the ground. Nobody came to my rescue; I'm not surprise, I wouldn't have either.

My head was yank towards the right as one of the girls attempted to cut most of my hair. I moved in panic skimming the blade against the side of my forehead. There was a moment of silence as a drop of warm blood slide down my face. It burn badly, everything looked fuzzy, not that I could see well to start with. I wiped the dripping blood, the pain was increasing.

“Leave me the hell alone,” I was too frightened to sound frightening.

“What?!” one exclaimed.

“I said leave me the hell alone!” I yelled bitter tears in my eyes.

“Bitch,” another called slamming me against the lockers.

“Look who's talking, whore!” I screamed my head pounding.

“At least I didn't kill somebody. Your brother died because of you,” I could hear Taylor snapped in a cold and icy voice. I didn't speak, honestly I couldn't. All I did was walked up to her- all my anger and frustration build up in my right hand- and slapped her across the face. I could hear my glasses hit the ground.

“Don't act like you know anything!” I yelled. Then I heard a loud crack. They broke it. My glasses.

“Don't think so highly of yourself, murderer!” a girl laughed. I grabbed Taylor's shirt collar.

“I'm gonna-"”

“What in the world is happening?” I froze stiff. If my hearing was as good as I thought it was, than the person standing behind me was Ms. Cannbe. “Amanda, what is going on?” Ms. Cannbe was the English teacher and she hated me. Well, maybe it wasn't hate, but it was positively not like. I always got good grades but I refused to participate in any kind of group work.

“Amanda slapped me,” Taylor sobbed dramatically. 

“Why would she?” She asked comforting Taylor. Taylor only continued to sobbed.

“Amanda, why did you hit her?” she asked sternly.

“She stole and broke my glasses,” I replied.

“It was an accident,” Ms. Cannbe asserted. Like you know anything, you weren't even there. “Apologize,” she said. I was silent, who was supposed to apologize? "Both of you," she stated as if reading my mind.

“I'm sorry, Amanda,” Taylor whimpered, if I didn't know any better I would have forgiven her. I could feel everybody turn to look at me. I hated the feeling.

“No,” I, more or less, whispered.

“What?” Ms. Cannbe said startled with my answer.

“No, I'm not apologizing!” I yelled everything looked black, I was getting dizzy. “Why should I apologize? I didn't do anything!” I hid my head in my hands. I felt sick.

“Amanda, apologize now! Taylor already said she was sorry!” Ms. Cannbe was frustrated, but not as frustrated as me.

“It's not like she's actually sorry!” I screamed my back was against the lockers for support. My body felt numb.

“Amanda if-”

“Ms. Cannbe I saw everything that happened. Taylor provoked Amanda into slapping her. These girls attacked her first, it was self-defense” I could hear someone, a boy, defend me. Why would someone defend me? Was what I was supposed to be thinking but I felt too sick to. There was a loud ringing, at first I thought it was just me but soon I realize it was the school's bell.

“We'll talk later. Get to class,” I could hear Ms. Cannbe walk away with a click in every step.

“Are you-” everything went black as I fell onto the floor. “Somebody call an ambulance!”

II


Day 7- 3:30pm

 “Hmm, where am I?” I whispered to myself as I looked around; I was in a fairly nice room. The walls were a pale blue with white trims. The window was left slightly open, the white curtains floating in the air. I turn to look at the clock. I shot up and grabbed it. Three thirty-three; school was over.

“Ouch!” I dropped it, my hands clenching the side of my throbbing head. “Huh?” I lied down as I ran my hand around my head. “I have bandages?” I whispered. “What the heck?!” I exclaimed as I finally notice a tube was connected to my arm.

“What happened?” I tried to remember. Then it hit me; I was in the hospital, most likely from the lack of energy and blood. I placed the digital clock back on the desk, bumping a lavender vase. I picked up the vase. There was a rose with a pink ribbon tied on it. A card was attached to the ribbon as well. It said: ‘Get Well Soon!’ I have to admit it was kind of cute. Whoever gave this to me was a horrible drawer. They tried to draw what seemed to be a rabbit.

“Looks like you're awake Ms. Mekhil,” a young lady, my nurse, walked in. “Are you feeling better?” she smiled.

“Mhmm,” I mumbled placing the vase back on the desk.

“Are you okay to have visitors?” she asked pity in her voice.

“Yea, I'm fine,” I sat up slowly, my head throbbing lightly.

“Okay if you say so, sweetheart,” the nurse left the room. A few minutes later my parents came barging in. Both had been crying; Mom still was.

“Are you okay? How do you feel? Do you need surgery? Want to skip school?” Mom asked clenching onto my shoulders.

“Mom, I'm fine” I smiled to my best abilities. The pass week had been hard on them, I fainting probably didn't help.

“We were so worry. What happen to your hair”" Dad asked grabbing a lock of my unevenly cut hair. I didn't know how to answer.

“Amanda, are you okay?” All of a sudden, the door swung open. I didn't turn to look, I didn’t need to, I knew that voice; it was the same as his, as my savior. “Amanda?” he repeated.

“Tyler?” I looked up saying my guess out loud.

“Yup! How'd you know my name?” he asked with a giant grin.

“You're in my grade and one of my classes,” I replied non-emotionally.

“You're smart. You know everyone in our school, don't you?” he laughed, it sickened me. I hid my face in between my knees. I didn't know how to keep a conversation with someone other than Eric.

“Yea,” I said quietly not knowing what to say or do.

“Excuse me, are you Amanda's friend?” I nearly forgot that my parents were here. For some reason the question made me bite my lower lip. Tyler looked at me, his face blank. I return the same look.

“Yea,” he smiled. “We're friends,” He replied.

“Oh that's great! That's wonderful!” my dad exclaimed with joy. Most fathers normally don't like their daughter's first, one, and only 'friend' to be a boy.

“Well, we're not exactly friends,” I murmured. “We're-” I went silent when I saw their disappointed faces, not Tyler's my parents, he was sad too, though. “Getting along fine,” I smiled gently. “I guess we're friends,” I sighed.

“That's just wonderful, sweetie. We’ll checkup on you in a few hours,” my mother kissed my forehead and left, my father following behind. Tyler pulled a chair next to my bed and smiled.

“What?" I asked, a bit embarrass.

“Nothing,” he paused for a moment. “’Friend’” he laughed happily.

“Ehh? I'm not your friend!” I yelled throwing one of my pillows.

“Awww, why not?” he complained childishly, placing the pillow back on the bed.

“Cause…” I mumbled not knowing why either. "C-c-cause I barely know you! Leave or I'll get the nurse to kick you out,” I said still feeling unsure.

“Fine, get better soon, okay?” he smiled getting up.

“No promises,” I stuck my tongue out and he laughed.

“You better be back at school tomorrow,” he closed the door leaving me to rest in peace. There was something about him that I couldn't remember. Honestly, I don't like people, but I did examine them. Eric used to playfully call me a stalker, but I'd get mad anyways. I knew everyone in the school, or so I thought.

I sat in the room quietly, trying to remember. “What was so interesting about him?” I whispered to myself. Most people in the school knew him, but why? He wasn't popular, just known. My head hurt like hell, but I brushed it aside; what was it about him?

III


Day 8- 8:00am

December 17th,

The let me out of the hospital at 9:30 pm. Tyler Nyles is my so called 'savior.' Nothing is wrong with me; I just have to get a checkup in a few weeks. I'm tired and I really don't want to go to school.

-Amanda


 “Hey, you're going to school,” it was Tyler, I could tell.

“Leave me alone, your voice gives me a head ache,” I snapped.

“You used to be-” he fell silent, I wonder why. I proceeded to walk to school, Tyler by my side the whole time. When we got to school he continued to stay with me. This is what I call stalking.

“Tyler,” I sat down at an empty table him sitting in front of me. “Get lost,” I said as kindly as I could.

“You used to be happier,” he whispered.

“What?” I exclaimed. “How would you know what I was like?” I wasn't mad just confuse, extremely confuse.

“Amanda,” he placed his hand on the side of my face the tip of his fingers touching my bandages. “Well, maybe you weren't happier but you were calmer, kinder, maybe even stronger,” his eyes were soft and kind.

“D-d-d-don't touch me,” I blushed pushing his hand away.

“You're pretty,” he kissed a lock of my hair. “Let me cut your hair for you,” he smiled.

“No,” I replied quickly, my cheeks starting to get warm.

“You wanna stay with the haircut Taylor gave you,” he laughed. I blush again, he was right.

“Fine,” I mumbled, he smiled again. We sat in silence, I thought for a while about what had happened yesterday. I looked up and stared at Tyler.

“What's wrong?” he looked serious.

“Why didn't you stop them?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Yesterday, you told Ms. Cannbe you saw the whole thing. Why watch but not do anything til’ the last minute?” I question.

“I… I was scared, okay? I'm not some strong hero. I was planning to turn around and walk away but I notice you were bleeding. I couldn't just leave, but I was still scared. When I finally got the courage to help you, you punched Taylor. I stop and watched until Ms. Cannbe came,” Tyler scratched his head throughout the entire explanation. He looked sad, as if he was a dog asking for forgiveness. I stared at him, he stared back. “What?” he blushed.

“You're… you're Taylor's brother!” I exclaimed.

“Yea, I am. I guess that's why I was so scared,” he laughed nervously.

“Why aren't you popular?” I asked.

“Cause popularity doesn't run in my blood," he sighed.

“Well, if she hanged out with you won’t you become popular?” I questioned.

“Sadly, she becomes less popular,” he answered.

“Oh, so you two don't get along?” I thought about Eric, lately everything reminds me of him.

“No, no, we actually get along great,” he smiled slight and shook his head. “At school she's more or less a stranger, but at home she's my loving twin,” he sighed and turned his head towards a group of girls; Taylor and her pack.

“Honestly, it’s hard to believe,” I said getting up.

“Hey Amanda, where are you going?” Tyler shot up and followed me.

“Away from you,” I replied. “You may have saved me, but you're not my friend,” I asserted.

“I'm not leaving. I go where you-” Tyler paused as I walked into the girls bathroom. “Not fair!” I could hear him complain as I entered the bathroom.

“Great, looks like I'm stuck here for a while,” I pulled out my journal and started writing.

December 18th,

Tyler is now following me. He's also Taylor's brother. Ugh, both of them are such a bother. Plus, right now I'm stuck in the girls’ bathroom 'cause this is the only place Tyler can't follow me.

-Amanda


I place my journal inside my bag and looked up. I always ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Taylor and her pack stood there. Taylor was the first to ignore me; grabbing her bag of makeup. Then Courtney, Brittney, Sarah, Bailey, Jenifer, Sophia, and lastly Andria turned away. I walked past them without a word and they allowed me. When I opened the door Tyler was gone.

IV


Day 8- 11:25am

 It's was third period, Art. Normally, I enjoy art, but Tyler had chosen to sit next to me. “Amanda, can we talk?” Tyler asked. I got up and change seats.

“Nope,” I replied.

“Come on, please!” he followed me. Everyone in the class started at us. I was actually well known at school for being quiet and weird. He was well known for being, well, Taylor's brother.

“Both of you take a seat class is gonna start,” Mrs. Marson laughed. She was a pretty chilled teacher. She never forced me to talk to anybody and she admired my art. “Sit down children,” she smiled. I sighed and took my seat, Tyler sat across from me. “Good! Okay students you will continue the project you worked on yesterday. Remember you had to pick between drawing an animal, flowers, or scenery.” Mrs. Marson started to paint as everyone else started to sketch. Even though I was absent for the past week my parents picked up all my homework for me.

“Amanda, what are you drawing?” Tyler asked learning over my paper to see. I ignored him as my pencil proceeded to sketch the sea. “Wow! So pretty,” he smiled.

“Get lost,” I mumbled continuing to draw. A few seconds of silence pass as my curiosity got the best of my. “What are you drawing?” I whispered embarrass.

“Hmm? Finally taking an interest in me?” he teased.

“Forget about it,” I smirked.

“Oh my god, did she just talk?” Kate- the girl to my left- whispered. Idiots, of course I can talk. I sighed and ignore them, what was the point of making a scene?

“Stupid, of course she can speak!” Tyler yelled.

“What? I didn’t say anything,” Kate sassed twirling her red with her fingers.

“I heard you; I’m not stupid like you.” Tyler snapped. He turned to me. “You heard them, too, I know you did,” he spoke in a hush yet powerful voice.

“I… I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I sighed continuing to ignore the matter.

“Don’t lie,” he whispered. I didn’t reply he let it go. Truthfully, I was happy, very happy. He tried to defend me. A small smile crept up on my lip. I looked up slightly to see Tyler’s sketch. It was beautiful; it’s hard to believe he did most of it yesterday. “Like it?” he smirked, I was caught.

“It’s nice,” I admitted, turning away, trying my best to sound uninterested. He smiled his eyes soften. I took another glance at his sketch. It was a mountain range with a waterfall and a river. There were several valleys that had animals, flowers, and trees. What I liked the most about it was that the sun was setting or maybe rising. He shaded the picture almost perfectly.

“Earth to Amanda, you still here?” Tyler waved his hand in front of my face. I blinked then shook my head to fully ‘awaken.’

“Yea, what is it?” I asked.

“Nothing, you just seemed to be staring off into space,” he replied with a small smile. “So,” he said extending ‘O’ sound.

“So?” I as well extending the vowel.

“You like my picture,” he chimed in victory.

“No I don’t! Shut up!” I yelled, for some reason I was embarrass. Tyler laughed at me leaning back in his chair. “Hey Tyler, where’d you go this morning?” I asked remembering his disappearance.

“Oh, well… I saw Taylor walking down the hallway towards the bathroom, so I kind of fled,” he laughed. “Did she do anything to you?” he asked afterwards his voice filled with concern.

“No, no nothing of that sort,” I replied.

“The creep really did talk!” I froze for a moment as David whispered to Kate.

“I told you she wasn’t mute!” she remarked. I sat in silence. Tyler had stop laughing.

“Shut the hell up already!” Tyler exclaimed. He was mad. “I’m sick and tired of hearing your bull crap. So do me a favor and shut up already,” I lied he wasn’t mad, he was furious.

“I didn’t do anything! Even if I did than you shouldn’t be ease dropping,” she sassed.

“I’m not ease dropping, it just so hard to ignore you when you have such a loud mouth,” Tyler replied.

“Dude, leave her alone. She didn’t say shit,” David said defending Kate. “We were just talking, god.” David was mad as well.

“I’m not deaf,” Tyler replied in a cold voice. I guess being an ice queen/king runs in the family.

“Tyler, leave it be,” I whispered.

“No! It’s not fair, why the hell are people always making fun of you?” he yelled.

“So, what if people talk about me behind my back? I’m used to it. Look Tyler, just let it go,” I replied.

“Yea, listen to the girl!” David said Tyler throwing him glares like daggers. David turned away.

“Why? Why the hell should I just leave it alone?” Tyler asked his voice straining not to shout.

“Cause I go through more shit cause of your sister!” I snapped. I hated the look on his face, I was mad at myself. I blamed him for the things his sister did.

“Amanda, I’m sorry,” he whispered.

“For what?” I wailed in slight annoyance. “You don’t need to be sorry!” my head started to hurt but I pushed the pain aside. “And you,” I turned to look at Kate and David. “None, of us is stupid enough to not hear you!” I snapped.

“Hey what’s happenin’ here?” Mrs. Marson cheerfully asked placing her hand on my shoulder. I gulped.

“Tyler and…” Kate paused. “Amanda is accusing me and David for something we didn’t do!” she exclaimed after finally remembering my name.

“Oh, really?” Mrs. Marson smiled. “What were you two doing?” she asked.

“We were just talking,” David answered.

“Amanda, Tyler, what were you accusing them of doing?” she turn to us.

“I didn’t accuse them of anything, it was Tyler,” I replied not realizing I was selling him out.

“They were talking bad about Amanda,” he replied.

“What did they say?” She was quite a nosey teacher.

“Mrs. Marson we didn’t say anything!” Kate yelled.

“Something about Amanda being a creep and not being able to talk,” Tyler continued ignoring Kate. Mrs. Marson nodded and turned to me.

“Now you tell me; is Tyler lying or is Kate and David lying?” I knew exactly why she asked me; I couldn’t lie about a situation when I see or hear it.

“Tyler…” I whispered. He looked at me. Shock. “…is telling the truth,” I finished.

“What?” Kate yelled. “It’s not fair! Those two are friends!” She yelled.

“Kate, David if leave her and Tyler alone and I’ll let you off,” Mrs. Marson left the table and back to her desk. Tyler smiled and stuck his tongue out at Kate and David childishly. I was glad he was back to normal.

V


Day 8- 12:10pm

 To escape the crowed hallway I ran to my locker. Luckily, my locker was right next to the cafeteria. It was lunch; one of my favorite time of day. It’s not because I’m fat and like to eat, it because I didn’t have to sit near anyone. Honestly, I didn’t eat very much. I rushed over to an empty table in the far back corner. I took a seat at the edge and sighed. I sat at an angle so I was able to see the entire auditorium.

I took off my spear pair of glasses off and laid my head down. Even though my headache was getting better, I was still tired. I turned to look outside. Peace, gentle past the window was another world. I sighed, my stomach grumbled.

“Taylor, what happened to your face?” Tyler exclaimed. Two tables down, that’s where they were talking, I didn’t turn to look.

“It was Savannah, she punched me,” she replied.

“Again? How many times has she punched you this year?” He was frantic.

“I don’t know, eighteen? She got suspended for three weeks, this time,” she replied. I lifted my head to see her face. It was swollen. It took all my strength not to break into laugher.

“Hope you feel better soon,” he smiled at her.

“The swelling should go down by the time I return home. Remember I going to my friend’s house after school,” she smiled back. Tyler patted her on the head as he walked off. I guess he noticed Taylor’s friends were coming. I sighed. Savannah, she was the kind of girl to get in fights. I don’t know much about her, but it’s rumored she ran away from home and/or her parents are dead. Like me she was an outcast. She was like me… in a way.

“You’re not going to eat anything?” Tyler asked. I looked up.

“Nope, not hungry,” I replied. My stomach grumbled louder than before. I blushed, Tyler laughed. “Shut up!” I yelled embarrass.

“I didn’t say anything,” he continued to laughed. I kicked him. “Ouch! You’re so mean to me,” he pouted as his laughter came to a halt.

“I’m not that mean,” I whispered childishly taking a single piece of chip from his bag.

“Hey!” he yelled as I took a bite. I stuck my tongue out, we both laughed. “I know you’re not,” he smiled. “Wanna come to my house afterschool? I could cut your hair,” he chimed, changing the topic. I blushed; I had forgotten about my hair.

“No,” I replied placing my head back down.

“Awww! Why not?” he complained.

“Cause… C-cause, my parents! Yeah, I have to let them know first. They’re probably not going to let me go on such a short notice,” I quickly made an excuse. It’s not like I lied. My parents really wouldn’t let me go anywhere, more or less a guy’s house.

“I’ll call them, I pretty sure they’ll say yes to me,” he smiled pulling out his phone. He paused them looked up at me. “Um… what’s your house number?” he asked sheepishly. I laughed.

“Like I’ll tell you,” I smile taking one of his chip bags; he had like ten of them.

“What? Why not? Hey, my chip,” he cried.

“No way in hell am I going to tell,” I smiled again.

“Okay then, fine. What’s your number?” he asked. I froze for a moment and looked up at him. “Come on, at least tell me your number,” he whined.

“I don’t have a cell phone,” I replied. He looked at me. I crumpled up the bag and threw it at him. “I know I’m probably the only girl who doesn’t want a cell phone,” I snapped. He smiled. I blushed.

“So, it’s the fact that you don’t want one that you don’t have one,” his grin grew. “Next time I see your parents I’m going to beg them to give you a phone,” he laughed.

“Creepier,” I sighed. “(XXX)-593-5492” I whispered. He stared at me, confuse. “It’s my house number,” I said looking away.

“Thanks!” he smile as he entered the new contact into his phone. “I’ll call them after school,” I nodded. “What elementary did you go to?” I jumped at the sudden question.

“I went to Eriney Elementary. What about you?” I asked.

“I went to North Woods,” he replied reaching out from my glasses. “Why aren’t you wearing them?” he asked as he placed it on his own face.

“Well, I don’t need to wear it 24/7. My eye sight is quite horrible, but I can at least see an outline of your face,” I placed my head back down to take a nap.

“Hmmmm…” he placed it next to my head. The rest of lunch was peaceful. Tyler sat quietly and let me sleep.

© Copyright 2013 Rika Royu (rika_royu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911772-A-Day-More