*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911859-Nutcrackers-Chapter-1-Christmas-Land
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #1911859
This is the first chapter in the novel I am writing.
{indent          Once upon a time at the summit of North Pole Mountain, there was a gingerbread house. In that gingerbread house, there lived a legend. The man's name was Nicholas, or St. Nick. He and his elves worked hard all day making toys and reading letters. The letters were delivered by Santa's reindeer, who also worked hard. When it was nighttime they returned to their post, for they were all nutcrackers.

         Every morning they marched off their stand and went straight to work. The elves sat down and built toys, under watch of Lindor and Kinder, Santa's head elves. Lindor was limber, skinny, and wore green. Kinder was stalky, joyful, and wore blue.

         Lindor came from a tree in Germany. He used to sit in the tree all day and baked cookies for he was afraid of harassment for his miniature size. He would go to town only once a month to sell his cookies.

         Kinder came from Jamaica. He worked on a banana boat. When Santa found him, he helped Mrs. Claus perfect egg nog. He added extra spices and eggs.

         Everything was jolly in Christmas Land.

         But as in every story, there must be a villian. Ours is the people of Naughty Mountain. Naughty Mountain was filled with demons that scoured the Earth, disguising themselves as humans and provoking bad deeds.

         But as in every story, there is one hope. West of Naughty Mountain sat Nice Mountain. It was filled with angels who travelled the Earth stopping demons from terrorizing humans.

         The King of Nice Mountain's name was Nice. He stood 7 feet tall. He was peaceful, but carried a sword of fire to protect all from the demons. He marched proudly through Penguin City every day giving food to the hungry, money to the poor, and homes to the homeless.He also promised them that he would protect them from the demons at all cost. Whenever he said this, the penguins cheered. But there was one penguin who he was extremely fond of. His name was Pifer Lee.

         Pifer Lee and Nice had known each other for 57 years. Pifer Lee was 83 years old and had 3 children named Russell Todd, Bradley Pifer, and Jason Scott. His wife was named Vennie Drake. They had been together for a lot of years. Pifer was the eldest in Penguin City. He was also the smartest, bravest, and most benevolent.

         The King of Naughty Mountain's name was Naughty. He also stood 7 feet tall, but he wore robes that were pitch black and smeared with blood. He never left Naughty Mountain except in a gaseous state. He carried two cursed dragon bone daggers.

         He and his demons worshipped Satan. Everyday they went to Hikalmaak, or "The Great Chasm", and sacrificed one demon. If their sacrifice was accepted, then fire would blaze out and a sinister cackle would roll. If their sacrifice wasn't accepted, then Satan would send fire to suck in 6 more demons, for 6 was the unholy number.

         Hikalmaak was formed by an earthquake. No one dares to journey there except the Naughty Army by fear of the fire sucking them in. Hikalmaak is one of the two only landmarks in Christmas Land thats name is in Divvillinn, the language of the demons. The only reason its name is in Divvillinn is because it is on Naughty Territory.

         Although Satan doesn't live in Hell, his offerings do go through Hikalmaak to Hell. He comes everyday to see the offering, and he controls the fire. The land around Hikalmaak was scorched and brittle, so it could not support plant life. Thats just the way he likes it though, dead and tasteless.

         Littenvan, or "The Vortex", was an eternal twister that sent people to Earth from Christmas Land. You got whirled and hurdled around before being sucked into the ground and landing on Earth.

         Littenvan was created when the Ancient Ones, Volkarr and Zinnark, fought in an epic battle. The battle lleft Volkarr to become Littenvan, while Zinnark ascended to Dragonfall Ridge.

         Volkarr is eternally tortured as a twister. Everytime someone went through Littenvan, he felt an unbearable stinging pain. So now he tries to limit the amount of people to go through him.

         Dragonfall Ridge was home of Zinnark the Brave. He was a human, but could transform into a dragon at his will. Since he has gotten up there, he has become posessed and evil. He was almost so evil to be transformed into a demon. He wielded an unholy enchanted greatsword, which he called Olkimum, or "Flash of Death."

         He found Olkimum when he was raiding a bandit camp 784 years earlier. He also found loads of gold and stolen property. On the bandits he found very powerful armor and enchanted jewelry. After raiding the bandit camp, he became the richest and most generous man of his time. He became an ancient one when he killed Vannithor, the Vampire Lord, and destroyed the Vampire Stone. The Vampire Stone kept all vampires alive and allowed them to create future vampires. Zinnark lived a peaceful, (and unholy), life at Dragonfall Ridge.

         He never bothered anyone, and no one ever bothered him. Also, the demons never caused any trouble in Christmas Land. So in a way, all was peaceful in Christmas Land.

© Copyright 2013 Griffin Beckham (trumpeteer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911859-Nutcrackers-Chapter-1-Christmas-Land