*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1913082-Through-the-Maids-Eye-Prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1913082
This is the prologue to my story Through the Maid's Eye.
         It is certain that one's pride gets in the way of all they do. It is not a bad trait to have, but a bad trait to be uncontrollable. As pride often goes hand and hand with stubborness, it is hard to see clearly. One does not know so much as that they have it, but more as it of a way of life. Hardly ever does one see what their own pride does to themselves as well as others.
         Those who hold no pride, however, are most vulnerable making it therefore impossible to live without pride unless you have not a thing to live for. Although, it is said that thee without a possession of pride are the ones who can see clearly. But it is a rather rare occassion to come across such a person.
         Ever more, one must control their pride or they will become unbearable. And they must have pride, or they will be nothing. Unless, they find themselves in a predicament such as Evangeline Jones, whereas she is nothing and has been since the beginning of her life. It is then that one must earn their own pride and end as something.
         Though, it is quite difficult to do when in her position. While the others filled with pride around her see and treat her like garbage, it is a challenge to have any hope to be anything. None of them can see through their prideful eyes, but they do  know not of what is seen through the maid's eyes. That is Evangeline's predicament and this is her story.
© Copyright 2013 Arielle Swan (arielleswan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1913082-Through-the-Maids-Eye-Prologue