*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1913893-The-Lady-in-White
Rated: GC · Short Story · Erotica · #1913893
Things seldom work out the way they seem.
Lady in White-2956

         Destry Ski Resort; he’d finally arrived; unexpectedly alone,. A two year engagement destroyed in moments, just as he announced his surprise vacation plans to his fiancé. That was the moment that he’d planned to propose marriage to her as well, and her response crushed him.

         “Carl,” she replied. “It’s been a really good trip, but Seth finally proposed to me last night, and my wait is over. I don’t want to hurt your feelings, but you were always my ‘backup’ plan, not my primary goal.” Kissing him lightly on the cheek, she scampered off out of his life.

         The knowledge that she’d not only been unfaithful during their relationship, but had simply used his love for her to provide a springboard to snare her real target, made him feel like his entire life had been nothing but a sham.

         Too late to cancel reservations, he decided to use this trip to put his past behind him; a distraction from the anguish that he was feeling over her betrayal. The very thought of entrusting his heart and soul to another woman anytime soon was repulsive, and the sooner he drove that possibility out of his mind, the better.

         The weather was crispy cold, and several days of light powdery snow had provided perfect conditions for skiing during his stay, although there were random storm warnings for later in the week. At least something seemed to be going right in his life, he thought.

         His first night was filled with formalities, and he began to examine the navigation of the various ‘runs’, trying to make up his mind which one to attempt later on. There was a fine dinner of gourmet quality, musical entertainment, and an air of geniality settled around the guests. Only one thing of note stuck in his mind that night, and it was one he was determined to avoid, at all costs.

         She was breathtaking, he thought. Sweeping into the dining area, she caught his attention immediately as she walked towards an empty table, stopping only to peer around the room curiously. It must have been his imagination, but he thought she paused just for a moment, and stared at him. Shaking his head, he erected his defenses once again, and tried to focus on his delicious meal.

         It was impossible, he thought. She’d already breached his shell. Dressed entirely in white, she should have drawn the attention of anyone capable of breathing in the room, but no one seemed to notice her at all. Strange, he thought. She was absolutely gorgeous, and alone. Perhaps that was the strangest thing of all. He had reasons to be completely alone, but her…?

         Responding to the maître d', he simply asked for the specialty drink of the lodge, and continued to enjoy his meal. The concoction that arrived was frosty, milky and seductive. Sipping it slowly, he felt the chilly sweetness of it gradually take over his senses, and the tension of the past few days began to seep out of his body.

         When the maître d' returned, he asked the name of the drink he’d just consumed. “Lady in White”, he replied, and mentioned something about a local myth for its origin. Indeed, Carl thought; there were legends of ‘Ladies in White’ in nearly all points of the country, and apparently here, it was no different.

         But, it did add a bit of allure to the woman that he’d spied earlier and glancing back to her table, he noted that she had been staring at him, although for how long he couldn’t tell. She was holding a glass of milky white liquid to her lips for a moment, and after sipping it, placed it carefully on the table before her. Looking directly at him, she slowly slid her tongue around her lips, obviously relishing the taste of it. It appeared to him that it was the ‘Lady in White’ cocktail that he’d just consumed.

         Most importantly, he felt something that he’d not expected to happen this soon; an erection. What the hell was happening, he thought? He’d just been rudely jilted by the love of his life, and his body was already dragging him back into the ‘war of the sexes.’ Not gonna happen, he thought.

         Finishing his dinner as quickly as possible, he retired to his room to rest up for the run tomorrow. ‘All The Way’ run was his first choice, although the locals had tried to talk him out of it, since it was a designated ‘expert’ run, and he’d only been skiing for a couple of years. His response to them was assurance that he’d be taking the trip very cautiously, using the method of ‘carving’ to slow his speed, and to add a bit of control to his descent. He needed the added danger of a hazardous run to distract him from the bitterness of his recent betrayal.

         The next morning was bitter cold, but the snow was dry and powdery; perfect for a run and Carl had a lot of emotional baggage that he was anxious to rip from his mind. The quick Continental Breakfast had rejuvenated his tired body, and despite the storm warning issued hours ago, he felt… reckless. THIS is where the rubber meets the road, he thought.

         He stood alone at the top, the wind whipping around him, chilling him to the bone. This is what he wanted right now; no, he needed right now. The snow was beginning to blur his vision, but he could still make out the route to the bottom of this mountain, snaking through the forest below. It was a long run, difficult, but he felt that it would serve his need to reenter the land of the living.

         Adjusting his goggles, making sure that he was ‘weather-tight’ against the oncoming storm; he kicked off the ridge and began his trip to the bottom. As his run began, he immediately noted that the environment seemed to take on a life of its own. Despite his resolution to keep to his plan, zig-zagging back and forth across the run to control speed, it seemed that he was being pulled against his efforts down the vast expanse of the run.

         As he struggled to control his descent, he was surprised by the sudden appearance of another skier flashing by him into the depths beyond. The brief glimpse seemed to reveal an ethereal figure, but beyond that he marveled at speed with which they took the run.

         Moments later, he realized the foolhardiness of his decision to take this particular slope. Powdered snow, notoriously fickle, fell away at his attempt to slow his descent, causing him to pick up speed at an alarming rate. Soon, he lost control of his ability to direct his progress, and he found himself plummeting out of control into the surrounding forest. This certainly swept his mind away from his personal problems at home, but promised a more lethal end to his concerns.

         His wild trajectory though the woods did not afford him the mercy of missing very much of the overgrowth; instead, branches, twigs and clumps of frozen vegetation beat at his body throughout his trip over the east side of the run. It seemed forever, but finally his body was pounded into a gully, hidden from the run.

         Partially covered by fresh snow, Carl tried to do an inventory of his situation, but couldn’t clear his head. He was wedged into the snowdrift with his right leg twisted beneath him. The impact had taken much of his energy out of him, and the below zero weather was sucking the heat from his body, further depleting his energy supply.

         After a brief, but intense struggle, Carl stopped to recharge his strength. This wasn’t going well, he thought. Even stopping to gather strength, the chill in the snow and air pulled all the heat from his body. He recalled only one fellow skier that morning on the run, and they had passed him at blinding speed. This might be the last night on this mortal plane, he thought, although he figured that he’d still find his way out of this little incident.

         His confidence was illusionary, he knew, but what the hell; he’d already been pulled into the depths of hell on earth that week. At least his end in this manner would be relatively painless, and he could hide the shame of his lover’s betrayal forever. Time was his enemy now.

         Nodding in and out of consciousness, Carl began to hallucinate, imagining that he heard someone shouting over the fury of the forecasted snowstorm. For now the storm was fully upon him and visibility was zero, adding to his fear that this day was his last.

         Suddenly, a sharp snap directly in front of him brought him awake once more. Unbelievably, his eyes focused on an angel, or at least he thought it was an angel. Could he be dead already, he wondered?

         Bundled up in a thick white parka, Carl recognized the lady in white that he’d seen in the dining area of the lodge the evening before. In his addled mind, thoughts of ghosts and folklore caused a different kind of shiver up his spine. What she did next however, dispelled most of that thought.

         Moving quickly, she examined his body for damage, a small frown between her eyes. Finally, she began packing the snow away from him, forming a small enclosure protecting them from the full brunt of the snowstorm. Placing her cheek against his, she finally spoke.

         “You’ve lost way too much body heat, but the good news is you only seem to have a sprained right knee. You’re too heavy for me to carry out of here, but I’ve left my skis at the point where you left your ‘yard sale’, and when we don’t show up at the bottom, they’ll be sending out a search party.” As she was telling him this, she was unzipping her parka, revealing a sweater clad body that displayed curves that promised much more.

         After unzipping his parka, she immediately plastered her warm body against his, sharing her body heat with him. A slap to his face woke him up once again, and she instructed him to talk to her, tell her stories; anything that would let her know that he was conscious. In response, he began to tell her of his recent betrayal and how he came to be at the lodge alone.

         Feeling her shiver at the touch of his body, her hands rubbing his arms, legs, chest and any other part she could reach, he urged her to get back on the trail before the storm buried everything. He had no real will to survive at this point, and he didn’t want to feel responsible for any harm coming to her on his behalf.

         As crazy as it sounded, her frenzied rubbing of heat back into his body was beginning to awaken misplaced responses to her touch. Her scent, the feel of her warm body against his, and the friction provided by her hands had conspired to produce an intense erection, now pressing firmly into her midsection. She seemed to take no notice of it as she continued to rub him down to produce warmth.

         The friction was definitely driving the deep chill from his body, and he became more alert. There was nothing he could do about his erection at the moment, so he studied his would-be rescuer a bit closer. They were nearly nose to nose in their heat-formed igloo, and he discovered that she looked every bit the vision that he’d spied briefly last evening. Deep blue eyes, pert upturned nose, full lips exposing pearly teeth.

         Her sweetly scented breath beat against his face, a warm sensuous breeze, hypnotic and soothing. Glancing up, she noted his examination, and impulsively kissed him briefly on the lips. Surprised, he heard her explain, “After all, this is about as close as we can get without taking our clothes off.” The smile that followed that remark warmed him even more.

         Again, he tried to get her to leave him and seek safety for herself, assuring her that he’d lost his will to live. He wasn’t as certain about that statement as he was earlier, but he felt responsible for her well-being.

         Suddenly she began to giggle, and pressing her face against his, whispered in his ear, “It seems that not everything on you is ready to give up the ghost.” Having said that, she reached between them and grasped his erection firmly in her hand. “If I’d have known how happy you’d have been to meet me last night, I’d have introduced myself earlier.” She then kissed his cheek, but didn’t relinquish her hold on his cock.

         They held each other for a few moments, but then Carl noticed that she had begun to slide her hand up and down his cock, and while it was done outside his pants, it was beginning to have a predictable effect on his libido. “I think introductions are in order, if we are to continue what you’ve started,” he choked out. “My name is Carl.”

         Smiling broadly back at him, she replied, “Grace—nice to meet you.” Reaching for his hand, she guided it up under her sweater to her breast, gasping as his fingers touched her skin. Needing no further encouragement, he massaged her gently before slipping under her bra to softly grasp her nipple, now rigid in response. He watched her face as she closed her eyes, lips trembling slightly.

         Rigidity was a condition that he was also dealing with, although she was being more than helpful. Undoing his trousers was not an easy task in their condition, but she managed it with a little help from him. Now exposed, his cock seemed even more grateful to her firm touch, and electric shocks ripped through his body, now unmindful of the storm raging about them.

         While she was ministering to his groin, he’d pushed up her sweater and bra, and was now feasting on her breasts, eliciting appreciative moans and groans from her beautiful lips. If this was going to be his end, he thought, it might not be such a bad thing after all. She continued to give his groin her absolute attention as he tried to insert his free hand into the top of her trousers, with dismally poor results.

         Their position was not exactly conducive to flexibility, although it was certainly conducive to generating body heat. She solved the problem quickly, turning around with her back to him, spoon-style, and slid her trousers down to her knees. Now Carl found himself tucked against her back, her bare bottom pressed against his rigid cock.
Now focused on his renewed libido, he recognized the advantages of their new position. He now had free access to her breasts with his hands, and an equally easy access to her bare sex. Simple division gave him the best of both worlds, and as he kissed, nibbled and nipped at her neck and back, one hand was busy massaging her breasts, and the other exploring what he found to be her very damp vagina.

         She solved the insertion problem herself, reaching back and guiding his painfully erect cock into her body, pressing back against him to maximize penetration. Firmly seated in her body, Carl felt the heat radiating from her through all points of contact, and wondered what would happen between them if they actually did survive. That thought was driven from his mind as she began to move back and forth on his cock, her hands over his on her breasts, encouraging him to massage them even more deeply.

         Neither noticed the storm let up, so engrossed were they in pleasuring each other, but the land began to settle into its usual, monotonous white blanket of newly fallen snow. Under the thin veneer of new snow, Carl and Grace continued their hot, passionate dance of love. He felt her deep, throbbing spasms as she rolled through two intense orgasms before his balls twisted him into his, pumping strings of pent-up seed into her body. Finally, they rested, breathing heavily.

         As they lay there in each other’s arms, they finally noted that the howling of the wind had ceased, and the snow had stopped. They also heard the distant shouts of would-be rescuers coming closer and closer to where they lay, buried in the snow. Looking quickly at each other, they both scrambled to find their clothing and dress before their discovery.

         Finally, fully clothed once more, they yelled back in respond to the shouts, and were finally discovered. One of the rescuers had a collapsible stretcher, just in case of injuries, so Carl was quickly strapped in, and transported to the local hospital for treatment, accompanied by Grace.

         Once rescued and settled in the hospital ward, Carl was ambushed by exhaustion caused by his experience, and the drugs the doctors had administered to counter the pain in his leg. In a haze, he recalled the attending nurse inquiring the nature of Grace’s relationship with him, and her reply. “He’s mine,” she replied. “He belongs to me.”

         Suspicious, the nurse quietly rephrased her inquiry, asking her what his relationship with her was. Grace’s reply was equally as close-ended. “I’m his,” she asserted. “I belong to him.”

         So began the longest relationship Carl had ever undertaken, full of passion and adventure. A baby girl followed their marriage nine months later, and twin boys the next year. Her constant companionship precluded any extra-marital dalliances; for both her, and him.

         Her determination to give him the will to survive his skiing accident, gave her the will as well.

H – *Anchor*





© Copyright 2013 Hatsuda (jewellr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1913893-The-Lady-in-White