*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915099-LETS-PUT-A-STOP-TO-THIS
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Environment · #1915099
This was a school assignment, and the theme was the environment. I got an A!
So, in this whole issue we have talked about the environmental problems we have in this world. Animals dying, humans using too much of what we don’t even have and how beautiful our world really is, but we’re wasting it. The problem I want to talk about is how to solve this. Can we at all solve this problem? Of course we can stop showering for fifteen minutes, and start showering in five minutes, and we can use energy saving light bulbs, but is that enough? Will all the problems with the environment go away?

First of all we have to think about what to do. Can we come up with an agreement that everyone can follow without problems and arguing? What if everyone thinks about the environment every day? What if everyone has a save-the-environment thought in the back of their heads? If so, I think we could save the planet. At least extend our planets destruction. The world will go under at some point, just not while we’re here.

Nowadays, the majority of the world doesn’t care. They think that they’re going to live their lives, and when they die, nothing matters. They don’t understand that the world has to live on. The world can’t die. People and animals are supposed to live here after us. We can’t give them this.

I think it’s funny how the double standard is so obvious here. People say that we have to support the children. They say that they are tomorrow’s heroes. Then why do we give them this horrible world? We give them no rain forests, only a polluted world. We give them racism, war and poverty. I think it’s terrible. What does it matter if you like bottled water better than tapped water? There is no point in drinking the water you like the best, when the world is going under anyway. What’s the point of enjoying life if it will all end? Okay, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We’re all going to die, sooner or later. But I think we should try to make the world a better place, for our children, and for our animals. Simply for our beloved world.

Can’t we all promise each other that we will all work together to make this planet better for our descendants? I hope, and think we can do it!
© Copyright 2013 Silver Hayes (silverhayes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915099-LETS-PUT-A-STOP-TO-THIS