*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915622-Dear-Me
by Oriana
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Inspirational · #1915622
For the "Dear Me" Official Contest. A letter to myself, for 2013.
Dear Me;

It is a delight to write this letter to my future self. I know that later this year, I will be enchanted and delighted, reading these words and remembering past hopes and dreams which have, I am sure, turned into plans and accomplishments!

Me, there is too much on the go at this point in life. I know that I am enjoying it, but there is a little voice, the conscience that Nanny speaks of, telling me that many important things are being left untended. As a point of reference, future Me, I am busy with work, volunteering at CMHA and CMHA Manitoba, WDC, my Clinical course for school, raising children and seeing them to hockey twice a week, and trying to sell this house that won’t BE sold! On top of that, I am trying to manage my sleep apnea, which has been causing problems. My dearest me, I am not surprised that I have had health issues lately!

Dear Me, I am so proud at how I have managed to keep up with a smile on my face. But I know that the things untended have been important too. Always in life, choices must be made, and now it is time to ensure the choices I am making respect the things I value. I need to make sure I have time, and I give time, to the people that I love. I need to focus inward, on myself, my family, my husband. I know that the beautiful souls surrounding me are people to cherish and value. They are important. Future Me, YOU are important, and I need to make choices that reflect how important you are.

So, dear Me, let’s make 2013 the year of relationships, yes? Focus on what is good, and true, and real. Focus on connections, on love, and on life.

Dear Me, when I return to this letter, I know that I will see a few changes. I will be able to reflect back and know, under no uncertain terms, that I have made time for myself and my family. I will be amazed at how my time at WDC has connected me to my creative, artistic, real self, and I will be happy in the knowledge that I am finally giving to myself. I will keep connected to WDC, at least weekly, if not more. I will write because it is fun, and I will keep writing because I deserve to have fun!

I will use WDC as the springboard to taking care of myself; I will continue to make small changes that respect me. I will not force a rigid schedule, but I will notice when small changes have been successful, and I will add changes when I feel that the last change has become routine.

Over the next year, dear Me, there will be changes. Hard choices will be made. I will prioritize my current activities and drop any that I can. I will withdraw from volunteering, I will sell my house, and I will withdraw from school. I will get the apnea under control. I will cry, tears of joy and tears of pain, as I do these things.

Oh, dear Me, what a beautiful experience this will be! I will connect with my husband, my rock, and we will remember what it is to be in love! I will have more time with the kids and I will make it count! I will actually call my friends and remind myself, and them, what a special part of my life they are.

I hope this letter finds you well. I cannot wait to reflect back on my hopes, dreams, and goals, in 2014!



Word count: 617
© Copyright 2013 Oriana (oriana999 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915622-Dear-Me