*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916009-The-date
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #1916009
A lady gets ready for her date
They were all present that afternoon in the study. A decision had to be made. Who would go to meet this man that would change their lives forever?
Each had their turn to speak and explain to the others why it should be her. After hours of debate, the two dominant ladies in the group, Ruth and Beth, were left arguing.

Ruth insultingly said to Beth,” Your hair is too long”. And Beth, being the ill-considered sort, took the scissors and promptly cut her hair four inches shorter. Beth, in retaliation, told Ruth, “No man would go out with a woman today whose dress was worn down to her ankles”. Ruth, just as impulsive and an excellent seamstress, pinned her dress so high that nothing was left to the imagination.

This struggle of wills went on late into the afternoon; time was running out, the meeting was at eight pm. It seemed neither would give in to the other. Then, without warning, Rebecca came into the room and joined the struggle.

“You will both stay at home with the rest; Beth your hair is a disaster. Let me fix it, and Ruth that dress makes you look like a…you know, disgusting, we’ll put on something more conservative. There that’s better”. “I have decided to go myself; everyone's behaviour is unaccepable”.

Rebecca stood in front of the mirror admiring her handiwork, just one final touch; she picked up a beautiful pin and placed it perfectly in her golden hair. Before closing the door behind her she looked back around the room and said,” I will not allow any of you to ruin my life with this man”. Together he and I will block you all and live happily ever after.
Rebecca would thank her psychiatrist later……

300 words


© Copyright 2013 Introvert (introvert at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916009-The-date