*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916018-Dark-Shadows
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest · #1916018
A tiny dark tale in the shadows
Carmella's toe stubbed itself sporadically as it dragged along the hot supple sand. Her blue stiff foot fell out. “Theres a hole” said Carmella's mum, “in the bag jack - her foot,look!” Carmella's dad's eyes darted around the deserted beach, “there is no one, there is no one.” he chanted silently. He tried to push the young elegant foot back in to the black bag but the rip grew, her arm and then her leg followed then her torso sprung to life as it launched itself on to the white expanse. Her long fair hair was flyaway in the wind and the scent of death took her to the edges of paradise. “Oh my god.” Jan her mother fell to her knees wailing, the huge truck of reality smashed in to her head. “What have we done?” Jack gently took his wife in his arms. It was an accident love, you didn't mean to do it, she pushed you to the edge,your not to blame.” How had he got here, on this beach trying to bury his daughters body. Helicopter blades slew the air as they fought to bring justice to the scene. He held his daughters hand.
© Copyright 2013 Finn O'Flaherty (fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916018-Dark-Shadows