*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916059-Voice-Works
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Script/Play · Other · #1916059
Day 3 And silence made a sound
“You know what ken I am really fed up today my sandwiches are soggy and my feet ache.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean.”

“When we gonna be finished ya think?”

“Mm couple of weeks?”

“You said that last week.”

“Well?”

“If I have to look at another stone I'll go ape.”

“Ha ha, think you already have.” said ken, looking at his very hairy friends knuckles. They stood and got back to the huge digger to finish shifting another stone, to where the Architect stipulated he wanted it.

“Why are they moving all these old stones anyway?”

“Something to do with the equinox and the earths axis shifting.” John stopped the digger and got out.

“Stone me!”

“What?”

“Can you hear it?”

“What?”

“Feel it, feel the rock.”

Ken leant forward and placed his hand on the huge upright stone. He could hear it now a weird hum, wait it wasn't a hum, it was voices, thousands of voices.

“They're coming closer.” said John, the sound grew very loud and the ground shook. It grew louder and louder, their bodies struggled to contain their own shape - they became the voice, the voice became them.

There was sudden silence on the earth and the stones stood still.


© Copyright 2013 Finn O'Flaherty (fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916059-Voice-Works