*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916076-Hostile-Takeover
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1916076
What if Lex Luthor comes for Gotham not only from the business world but the underworldtoo
As always, it's an early day in the Lexcorp main headquarters in Metropolis,ks. The clacking of Lex Luthor's $500 dollar Italian shoes echo thru the massive stark white office, alerting all to his presence. All around him office workers and employees scurry around like the insects he thought them to be,for he did not tolerate idle hands. The office workers are especially careful to clear the path and keep their eyes to the ground as Lex and his personal bodyguard Mercy Graves make their way to the elevator. They find Lex's personal assistant Otis waiting for them, ready to hand off the agenda for the day. " Good morning Mr Luthor, good morning Mercy. Another wonderful day at Lexcorp is it not?" asks Otis as he opens the elevator to Lex's office floor just below his penthouse apartment. Lex steps into the elevator and says blandly, "Good morning Otis. What's my agenda for today?" Mercy silently steps in next to Lex as Otis almost eagerly begin to run off the agenda. "You have a phone meeting with the Governor at 9:00, a luncheon with General Wade and U.S. Senator Johnson at 11:30, you're playing tennis with a Mr. Scagnetti at 2:15, and you have a dinner with the heads of Park communication Korean division. Also your 7:00 is already here in the lobby. A Ms Talia Head." Lex furrows his brow at his lack of recognition of the name. "Talia Head? Who doe's she represent?" Otis flips hurriedly through his papers to find an answer, "Well frankly sir we don't know. I've asked around about her. Even amongst your seedier contacts she's a bit of a mystery." Lex considered sending security to "cancel" the meeting but his curiousity caused him to reconsider. "Fine, send her up. I'm of a generous mood this morning," said Lex although the look on his face betrayed no such generousity. Lex settles in behind his enormous solid oak desk. Mercy takes her place in front of the floor to ceiling window behind Lex's desk with a clear view of not only the entire office but also the street below. Lex presses a button on his office phone to hail Otis, "Otis send her in." After a few minutes the door opens and in walks a beautiful woman of indeterminable origins carrying a large case. Immediately she reminded him of a young Sofia Loren with an powerful combination of regal bearing and exotic seductiveness. But Lex was known for being something of a seducer himself. Lex immediately took control of the meeting, walking around his large desk to greet the mysterious woman. "Ms. Head, I must say it is a genuine pleasure to meet you," he said as he took her hand to kiss it and bow. He immedietly noted her hands while smooth and feminine, held an unusual strength. "Please have a seat seat Ms.Head." "Oh Thank you Mr.Luthor. And please call me Talia," she said while seating down. "And please call me Lex," he said returning to his chair, "So to what do I owe this pleasure?" Crossing one leg over the other Talia flashed a smile that Lex seen in the mirror many times. "Well Lex, I've come representing a potentional invester for one of your many projects." Slighty amused lex chuckled, "I'm sorry Talia I have no projects that I am shopping to investers at this moment. Although I'm very curious as to what project you're referring to. Food for the Homeless? One child, one family? Or perhaps our partnership with Susan G Komein for the cure?" This time Talia lets out a chuckle, "No Lex, I'm referring to your Gotham project. Purchasing city blocks, bribes to the city council, secret meetings with various Waynetech employees. Not to mention lending, should I say, 'aid' to Oswald Cobblepot alias the Penguine." Suddenly Lex's face took on a fearsome glower, eyes boring holes into Talia. Silent as a cat and just as swift, Mercy moves in a foot behind Talia. Lex leans back in his chair to give an air of extra height and presence, "Ms Head you should very well know that don't take kndly to threats and extortion. Speak your business quickly before I have Ms. Graves 'escort' you out." Talia was well aware of Mercy standing her and if she was nervous it was virtually nonexsistant. "Please Lex you misunderstand me. As I said i represent a potentional invester, someone who merely wishes to aid in your endeavor," She responds in a manner a little too casual for Lex's taste. Lex Luthor was used to envy and fear in his presence, Talia displayed neither. There were only two other people of note on this planet that neither feared nor envied him. And that thought truly angered him. Deciding to switch tactics Lex calmly asks, " And just who do you represent Talia?" "Ra's al Ghul," Talia answers as calmy as she would her own name. Upon hearing this Lex starts to laugh, although he notices that Mercy took a step back upon hearing the name. "For a second I was afraid you were gonna tell me you worked for a government agency or perhaps a rival but instead you tell me that you work for a bedtime story. I'm afraid I require no aid from the boogey man." Talia flashes a slighty condescending grin and responds, "Oh I assure you Lex Ra's al Ghul is very real. And he has been watching you for a very long time. You've greatly impressed him, you've taken what was Luthorcorp and tranformed it into a global superpower. Both legally and....otherwise.." Genuinely intruiged Lex's asks, "So what exactly can he offer me that I don't already have? And if he doe's exist and is indeed what the legends suggest, why don't he go after gotham himself?" "Well he prefers to work behind the scenes, I'm sure you can appreciate that. Besides, he likes your approach to business matters. Strong, orderly and efficient," she continues, "And as far as what he can offer you. There's men, weapons, intel,untracable funds among other things you might not be even aware of. In fact to put to rest any fears of his sincerity, contribution, or even his existence, he offers this token of good will." Talia stands to grab the case and place it on Lex's desk. Lex notes not only the extreme weight of the large metal case but also the ease in which Talia lifts it. Before Talia could open the case Mercy postions herself necessary to intercept any potentional attack. As Talia opened the case, Lex's eyes widened when he was suddenly bathed in a powerful green radiance. Altough he would take all of the required steps later on, Lex didn't need any machine to tell him what this was. All he needed was his eyes and the feeling in his soul if he had such a thing. Pleased by his speechlessness, Talia says, "If you were wondering Lex, that is indeed fifty pounds of pure kryptonite taken directly from chunk of the planet Krypton. In fact given where this particular metorite landed, i think you'll find specimen to have a bit more 'kick' to it."
© Copyright 2013 tigerpoe (taylorscrews at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916076-Hostile-Takeover