*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917294-Last-Dance
by shasta
Rated: GC · Short Story · Dark · #1917294
Finding death is when she truely begins to live.
         As she stands on the edge of the ocean, she slides on the edge of sanity. The wind is singing to her passionately across the water. Her hair forced to dance madly into life with each ravenous gust, but she remains frozen in time. It is cold and her face is wet. She stands in awe at the beauty in the violence before her. The crashing thunder is painted with the shine of diamonds forever trapped within constant turmoil. This is more life manifested in one moment than she has ever known for herself. She wants to feel! The ocean is mocking her emptyness with each whirl of elegance. Uncontaminated and so alive, the lavishness of the water only reminds her of what she will never be. So, she takes a step closer to the edge. The waves are inviting her and she wants so badly to dance. Her essece is captured by the forgotten song, and her ocean is calling her in. Enchantment takes her by the trembling hand, and with one more step she dances.
© Copyright 2013 shasta (shastajean at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917294-Last-Dance