*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917681-Song-of-Corruption
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1917681
Letter for Hook Us! Contest.
A newly discovered continent brings hopes of salvation after a long bloody feud between racial empires. Together, a massive expedition is sent to this land. A human prince is sent to finish his father's burden. But what he discovers in this new land will change the course of history, not only for his own kingdom, but for the entire world. Something ancient and dark dwells within the shadows, and death offers no salvation.

What begins as a routine expedition to settle a new land soon turns into a nightmare. After months overseeing a desert outpost's construction, Prince James and his companions witness the return of a single horse from a scout party returns with only half of her rider. After gathering what can be spared, he leads a small band through the vast desert and into a thick forest.

After weeks of following the trail blazed by the scout party, the final camp is in sight. Weather and wild beasts ravaged the place. What is left of the party and their horses either hangs from the trees or painted the area red with their blood. The party splits, setting about various tasks to find out what had happened. They each discover something straight out of legends.

A young dragon is found and suddenly, everything makes sense. The journey to return the child to it's parents ends in sorrow as the dead do not stay dead for long and a curse of black flesh begins to spread, claiming sanity and life in it's path. The only choice left is to flee...

Thank you for considering this book
© Copyright 2013 L.Rithz (leenarithz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917681-Song-of-Corruption