*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1918472-Can-of-Worms
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing.Com · #1918472
A can of worms for...
Albert Morris contacted his Tim James to come help clean out the pet food pantry. Tim arrives at 4PM; "Al, I'm here to help where are you?"
Albert responds, " Tim, I'm down here come to the pet hut." Tim descends a short, dark staircase and enters a dimly lit basement with a big walk in closet where Albert keeps the dog, cat , and bird food as well as treats and cat litter.
Albert says, "Tim get in here and help me."
As Tim walks closer he inquires, "What exactly are we doing this afternoon?"
Albert responds, "Were cleaning out empty bags of food and containers of liter among other things."
They get started  started and immediately Tim spots a dark can that looks old and goes to grab it. Albert smacks his had and says, "Don't touch that."
Tim angrily answers," Why can't I take a look at that? All I want to do is twist the lid and see whether it the contents are still good."
Albert replies, "You must never open that can for any reasons. Trust me the contents have not gone bad."
Tim inquires once more, " What exactly is in that can that I'm not allowed to open?"
Albert says, "I do not care to share that privileged information."
Tim responds, " Find then I'll just have to either open it up or toss it. Actually I think I'll open it up."
"Don't open that can of worms," he hollered, "They stopped canning worms years ago and that's my last one.I used them for..."
Tim asked, "What did you use them for?"
Albert said, " I used them for the feeding my birds and once canning stopped I slowly weened the birds off the worms and onto bird seed."
Tim says, " It seems then that we are finished here. I shall see you later."
Albert responds, " Definitely, Later man." To which Tim retreats the walk in closet, head up the stairs and exits the house.
© Copyright 2013 Realyn Brenton (realyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1918472-Can-of-Worms