*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919548-The-Belirocean-Chronicles-chp-14
by glaedr
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1919548
The last chapter of my first book. Please review!!!!!!!


Fifteen Years Later...

“Dad! They’re coming!” A girl screamed, sprinting towards the four trees that marked the entrance to the invisible Riders Home.

‘Kara! Get in here! Run!’ Lesina bellowed at her daughter. She ran towards the twelve year old girl, as Elagaen flew towards the back of the Home, a mile away.

‘Go on! Go check on your brother! Make sure he’s safe!’ Lesina yelled.

“But what about Aeralo?” Kara cried. “I can’t leave her out here!”

‘Where is she?!’ Lesina yelled.

‘Kara! It’s okay! Aeralo is with me!’ Alasar’s voice sounded in their heads. ‘Get inside! You must stay safe! You must keep the other Riders safe! If Lesina and I don’t make it, you must lead the Riders! Get!’

Elagaen landed in front of Lesina, and winced as his knees locked up.

‘Ledar’s laughing at me right now,’ the dragon gasped in pain.

‘How are his knees holding up?’ Lesina asked.

“Not too well. But he says that he needs to just ignore the pain,” Alasar replied. He took Lesina in his arms, and they kissed.

‘Um, I seriously doubt this is the most appropriate time for this guys,’ Elagaen called, as he caught a flash of gleaming metal from the forest.

Alasar and Lesina pulled apart.

“You’re right. We need to get moving. Come on,” Alasar said.

The three friends began walking away from the Riders Home, and towards the small village of Draconia. The villagers were secretly loyal to the dragons, and they provided most of the food for the Riders. Alasar headed there now in the hope of keeping the Empire’s army away from the Home.

An hour later, Alasar and Lesina hid inside an abandoned house in the village. All around them were the sounds of a normal Market Day.

The noises suddenly broke off as a new sound filled the air. The sound of a hundred marching soldiers.

“Search the houses from top to bottom. Kill anyone who gets in your way. And bring the girl to me alive,” the soldiers’ commander ordered coldly.

Immediately, screams rose from throughout the city. Villagers swarmed to the other side of the city, trying desperately to get away from the soldiers.

Alasar’s heart sank as the soldiers began kicking doors down around the house he was in. The villagers would be destroyed if he was found in here. But not if he showed that they didn’t know about him.

‘Alasar! What in Ledar’s name are you doing!?’ Lesina cried as Alasar rose to his feet.

“I can’t let them die because of me,” Alasar said. He stepped towards the door, and fell to the floor as a soldier slammed his boot into the wood.

Lesina screamed as a soldier grabbed her and dragged her out of the house. Alasar leapt back to his feet, and prepared to break the soldier’s neck.

The soldier spun to face the Rider.

“One wrong move and she dies!” He hissed, holding a dagger up to Lesina’s throat.

Alasar stepped towards his wife, and she gasped. A small trickle of blood flowed down from her throat.

“No! Don’t hurt her! I surrender!” Alasar cried.

“There’s nothing else for you to do,” The soldier remarked.

‘Elagaen! Where are you?!’ Alasar called.

“He’s all tied up sir,” Another soldier said, stepping into the building.

“Good. You! Get outside now!” the commander barked, pointing at Alasar.

Alasar ran out of the house, afraid of that knife in the commander’s hand. He tripped over his feet, and landed next to his dragon. Elagaen was tied up, and an elf stood next to him with a sword already digging into the dragon’s neck.

“Elagaen!” Alasar cried.

“Shut it!” The commander snarled, kicking Alasar in the face. “Tie this dog up!” He ordered.

Two soldiers grabbed Alasar’s arms, and pulled a rope out.

‘You don’t want to do that, do you?’

Alasar’s head shot up. He couldn’t believe what he saw.

Lesina was holding the commander, and rubbing her hands all over him.

‘You don’t want to hurt us. You want to leave us alone, don’t you?’ Lesina purred.

“I... wanna... leave...” the soldier mumbled.

“You little witch!” An archer yelled. The arrow on his bow leaped towards Lesina.

“No!!!” Alasar screamed. He broke free from the two soldiers holding him, and dove at Lesina.

The arrow sped straight into flesh.

Lesina gasped in pain as Alasar fell across her.

“Lesina!!!” Alasar cried in horror.

Lesina grabbed the shaft that was stuck in her gut.

‘Alasar...’ Lesina breathed. ‘Alasar... run...’

“Lesina! Don’t leave me!”

Alasar held his wife as the last breath of air escaped from her chest. He was so distraught over her death that he didn’t even sense the sword swinging from behind.

Alasar’s head rolled away from his body, it’s expression one of anguish.

Five miles away, Kara suddenly fell to the floor, as her mind reeled from the shock of three lost connections. She didn’t hear the huge bang as a sword fell from the sky, and buried itself deep within the soil. Lesina’s sword would remain in the earth for two hundred years.

© Copyright 2013 glaedr (glaedr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919548-The-Belirocean-Chronicles-chp-14