*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919927-Timekeeper-part-1
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1919927
a boy finds himself pulled into a world thats not his own, where much is expected of him
The first chapter in a book I named Timekeeper where a boy finds himself pulled into a world that’s not his own, where much is expected of him. Friends turn to enemies as the boy is dragged deeper into the long dead world of Tithus discovering secrets that should have been left secret, medalling with powers that could lead to their own fall, just as the Timekeepers before them. Enjoy as the mystery unfolds..."

Chapter 1-Bitten
Samuel awoke to the sound of his alarm clock beeping- six o clock. He staggered out of bed, eyes half closed and dragged himself downstairs grabbing his exam notes on the way down. All he seemed to have was exams. That was year 11 for you.
He opened the back door and let the dog out into the garden then stood there letting the cool morning breeze wake him up.
The sky was a rainbow of reds, oranges and yellows as the sun tipped over the horizon, greeting the winter morning.
An electric green butterfly fluttered down onto Samuels crossed arms. Its big black spots staring up at him as it opened its wings. It had a slight metallic tinge to it. Samuel watched as it slowly crawled the length of his arm then stopped at his wrist. He cried out as pain accrued up his arm, the butterfly dropping dead. His wrist felt like was on fire, acid pulsing through his veins. And as sudden as it came it stopped leaving a numb echo of it behind. He looked at his arm, at the centre of the wrist a small puncture mark remained, sickly green veins pulsing. He poked at the bite mark-or at least he thought it was a bite mark, and wriggled his fingers, nothing. He shrugged and walked back, in followed by the dog. He ate his breakfast and got ready for school thinking nothing of it.

Samuel arrived at school and joined his friends waiting for school to open.
The Priory Academy LSST, apparently one of the best schools in Britain. Blue shirts tucked in, ties to the waist. Perfect uniform, perfect grades, perfect reputation and that’s how they liked it, “The Priory way” the called it.
At the moment the navy blue blazers where tightly hugging every one, keeping the cold at bay as they cached up with the gossip.
“What’s up with you?” asked a bushy brown haired girl called Elizabeth, freckles dancing around her nose.
“Oh nothing,” Samuel replied, tired blue eyes staring back at her piercing hazel eyes as she determined if it was the truth.
The staring contest was interrupted by a small girl called Eleanor; her three inch heals still making her the smallest. She hoped up next to Samuel on the low wall he was slumped on and promptly poked him grinning ear to ear until a boy with his fringe spiked up, came over and shoved her away and slapped Samuel on the back in greeting.
“Morning Jake,” Samuel said, blindly returning the greeting but missing completely, his eyes beginning to water, a grin slowly forming as Elizabeth made faces until Samuel burst out laughing and she cried out in triumph.
One by one, the friends arrived and they talked until school opened and they joined the flow of students spilling into the corridors and made their way to their separated form rooms.
Samuel and Elizabeth where in the same form and joined a bleach blond girl named Katherine at the front of the class room.
“Good morning,” Katherine smiled. “You all have a good weekend?”
“Yeah, it was ok I guess, apart from the revision and the pile of homework,” Elizabeth replied, taking a seat next to her.
“Mine was boring; parents took my iPod off me and made me revise for hours!” Samuel added, rubbing his aching wrist.
“Really, your parents are that strict? My parents don’t care two hoots, any way I was at Jacks most the weekend,”
“What were you doing at Jack’s?” Elizabeth smiled cheekily and winked at her.
Katharine blushed and turned to Samuel, “What’s up with your wrist?”
“Oh it’s nothing,” he lied. “Just a bug bite,” he grimaced as random spasms of pain ran up his arm.
Elizabeth was about to add something but the teacher walked in and the room went quite.
“Good morning, everyone, those with the English literature exam the seating plan is on the notice board; also there are no sports clubs on after school because of the shortage of staff. Can I please see all thoughts students who haven’t had their day book signed…”

Form was soon over, the first three periods went by just as fast and Samuels’s condition only got worse.
In no time at all it was lunch time and Samuel slowly shuffled down the year 11 gardens behind the pavilion.
He felt hot and light heated for such a cold refreshing day, the pain from his wrist had spread throughout his body leaving him stiff and exhausted.
Entering the gardens, he stumbled, his legs gave way and the world seemed to tip. Jake appeared at his side catching him before he dropped and guided him over to one of the benches under the shelters.
“You ok mate?” Jake asked. Every one looking at him with concern, he looked pale and sickly.
“I’ll be fine,” he mumbled and accepted a drink from Eleanor. Looking up from his drink he attempted a smile. Satisfied for the moment his friends continued their conversations.
“You ready for the English exam?” asked a brown haired, shy looking girl named Harriet.
“Tomorrow right..?” Elizabeth replied.
“Thought it was Wednesday!” exclaimed a lanky boy called Joseph, Jo to his friends.
“Nope, definitely tomorrow,” Elizabeth said firmly, checking her exam timetable then glazing over a Samuel checking if he was ok.
He was slumped pale faced staring down at the ground oblivious to his surroundings, his left wrist slowly cramping up. Suddenly feeling nauseous he staggered to his feet holding on the wooden pole of the shelter. He keeled over, his vision unfocused he felt as if he was being ripped from his body and blacked out. But what he didn’t know was that was exactly what was happening.
© Copyright 2013 Peter Davies (sammydavy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919927-Timekeeper-part-1