*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920000-PACK
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Xayide
Rated: · Other · Other · #1920000
The Prodigal Son Returnsa chapter 1's opt. - Pack
The entire group of people saw him glance at them before turning down the familiar road.
To say that they were shocked to see him was an understatement.
“Was that…?”
“I believe so.”
“And he just*…he fucking nerve!!!”
“Wait….give him time…he will come find us.”
“BULLSHIT! I have known the fucker my ENTIRE life and he thinks that because his little ticker got broken he has the right to be a bitch and leave us all to pick up the dishes he BROKE!” Quil fumed.
“I know! Fuck that! If you don’t want to do shit then fuck you man, I’m going! My fist needs to meet something on his face.” Paul said already following.
Jared watches with Sam as their brothers make their way to raise hell at the home of the chief.
“they are right, you know. It’s the bed he made, why did we have to lay in ot by ourselves? Its not fair.” Jared said, pausing, since I made no attempt to answer he continued, “but the question is not whether they are right or not. Is whether you are going to be there to put a stop to it before this whole thing gets out of hand. Besides, we should make it there before Bella gets home and shit really hits the fan, don’t you think?”

*~*oOo*~*

Billy had been just turned off the stove and was getting everything ready to drain the potatoes and carrots for the potato salad, as he was requested to do by the head chef, when he heard a car door hit shut in the side of the house.

Thinking it was one of the guys, he continued with the task at hand. The door opened and shut behind whoever walked in as he was rising the pot from washing it and put it on the draining rack.

When he turned around he was expecting anyone but him.

“Jacob.”

*~*oOo*~*

They arrived on the black front yard as someone was pulling in, returning form the supermarket, but that’s not what caused them to open their eyes wide in fear.

It was the passenger and the driver.

Bella...and him.

“Hey, Master Chef. Did you hire yourself a chauffeur?” One of the guys joked at her as she got out handing the bag of groceries she must have been carrying on her lap.

“Oh hey, Guys! You do know that I have nothing ready and nothing will be ready for at least another hour, but since you are here-“ She began to say, her lip twitching to create the smirk we all learned to love.

“Emily needs to see you.” Sam blurted out, not letting her finish.

Her reaction was better than I had hoped.

“Why? Is she okay?!!” She asked quickly pushing the others out of the way to get to him, nervous as to why would Emily need her help.

I felt slightly guilty but we had to get her out of here before shit hit the fan with Jacob.

“I don’t know. You know her highs and lows. I think its one for her lows. And when her hormones hit boiling point…” he trailed off explaining why he wasn't the one taking care of her instead of sending in the secret weapon, which is what we began to call Bella when Emily’s pregnancy mood swings got out of control.

“Oh, I see. Got a war and instead of fighting your own war you send in the calvary?” She taunted, earning a round of laughs. They all knew she was right to boast regarding her value in this issue. I would rather fight an army of vampires than face this pregnant imprint on my own.

“well…yeah! Her stares just terrify me.” He laid thickly, fearing she would want to put the groceries inside and blow the whole shit out anyway, someone offered, “we’ll take these in for you. Just go to Sam’s and tame the lion.”

Relenting, she sighed, "fine,” rolling her eyes, “but make sure you boil the eggs so I can make them deviled later and someone cut the apples and-“ She began, Quil finished, “put them in water with lemon. Yeah, yeah, we got it. Now scoot!”

“Do you need the chair and whip?” Paul said with a wide smile.

“Nah! I'm good. I got skills! Coming Emb?!” She said walking backwards. Something we would have been scared to let her do in the past, but not now. Her clumsiness went away with her insecurities from her youth. To tell you the truth I think it was all a psychological thing, a sort of need to be the damsel in distress, to make the leech feel like the superhero when he saved her from plastering her face on the ground.

“Nah!” Embry dismissed her with a wave of his hand. “go have yourself some girltime. I will see you later though. How long fo rthe eggs and how many apples?” He asked.

“sic to eight minutes and half the bag! I should be back in about thirty!” She said turning around and speed walking down the road.

Once she was out of earshot Embry got a serious look on his face but never took his eyes off the brunette walking away.

“Does this whole charade have to do with the owner of the challenger?” He asked.

“Yep.” I said, knowing that this will be hard to take in, “he’s back.”

“mother.fu…” He said turning abruptly and running towards the house, going inside with out even knocking – with my at his heel – to find father and son in deep conversation at the kitchen table.

“you got balls. I will give you that. Care to explain what gives you the right to just waltz your ass back into town?” Embry said in a menacingly low voice.

Paul was right behind me growling right along with Quil, both vibrating along with him with enough anger and barely any restraint. It was felt throughout the floorboards.

“Get your ass out here, fucking coward and let us take this shit out the right way!!” Quil spat out, barely controlling himself, holding back the wolf clawing at his insides.

“You are out of line! This is my house! And as chief…!-“ Billy began yelling at us rolling his way to us when Jacob put a hand on his shoulder, which stopped him from continuing his rant, “it’s fine, dad. I deserve-”

“Damn right you do! Now get your ass out here and get your overdue ass kicking!” Paul interrupted as he growled loudly.

“As I was saying.” Jacob said again calmly, “I deserve their anger. Now, this ass kicking you are offering…” He continues getting up to his full height, looking straight at him as he walked with measured steps to look at us all face to face, “That’s something I wont take. Put your money where your mouth is, bitch.”

“Oh shit” Jared mumbled shocked by the turn of events.

Oh shit indeed.


At least I hope this shit would be dealt with before Bella’s name comes up.



*~*~*
How do you want the fight to go?

Options:

one on one with each of the pack

Jacob to challenge Sam first

*~*~*
© Copyright 2013 Xayide (bites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920000-PACK