*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920135-The-night-of-Samhain
Rated: · Short Story · Fantasy · #1920135
Five girls upset the balance of good and evil this halloween night.
“Are you ready for tonight?” Lisa Coleman whispered to her best friend Felicity Matthews. Felicity smiled and nodded. They were sitting in their history class waiting for that final bell to go out. Lisa and Felicity study the dark arts of witchcraft along with their other friends, Olivia, Miranda, and Kayla. Tonight was Halloween and instead of trick or treating these five teenage girls will be in a basement doing rituals to praise the dark spirits. The teacher was talking about how people used to trick or treat or whatever they did back in the Medieval Times. You could tell by everyone’s face everybody was zoned out. Everyone was excited to go out and get some candy. Felicity looked at the clock, 5 minutes left. The teacher told everyone to watch out tonight and get lots of candy, which is what mostly every teacher tells you it’s like a rule. The bell rang and everyone quickly packed everything up and ran to get out the door. After getting their stuff Felicity, Lisa, Kayla, Miranda, and Olivia met at the back entrance like they did everyday. All five girls were dressed in long beautiful black dresses and a witch hat.

“Does everyone have everything?” Felicity asked before they started walking home. Everyone nodded.

“I have the candles and matches.” Lisa said with a grin; hand in her jacket pocket holding the pack of matches.

“I have the chalk and the offerings.” Olivia said.

“I have the spell.” Kayla said.

“And I have the amulets.” These amulets were to protect the circle from anything good trying to get in and push the bad out. They were originally to protect from evil but Fee had put a spell on them to switch it up a little. They walked to the store to grab some food for the feast after the ritual. By the time they got to the abandon house night had fallen and the full moon was almost out. They went into the basement of the house by a trap door Lisa found on the side of the house. The girls had tried to keep it clean but there still were all the little cobwebs up in the corners.  Everyone threw their jackets and schoolbags onto the couch and placed the food on a table they had stored in the back corner. Felicity drew a pentagram right under the window for the moonlight to shine on it. Olivia placed a candle on each point. Green for the point on the top to represent earth, yellow for the wind on the second point, red on the bottom to points to represent fire, blue on the last point to represent water and white in the middle to represent spirits. Lisa stood at the green candle, Olivia at the yellow one, Kayla at the bottom two, Miranda at the blue candle and Fee at the white one. Everyone go two matches, their amulets and a piece of paper with what they have to say.

“I call to the earth.” Lisa started. “Come to us.” She lit the candle as she spoke.

“I call to the wind. Come to us.” That was Olivia. Lit the candle.

“I call to fire. Come to us.” Kayla. Lit the candles.

“I call to the water. Come to us.” Miranda. Lit the candle.

“I call upon the spirits. Come to us.” Felicity. Lit the candle,

“Tonight we ask these five elements to join us in the battle of the Pirmas. To protect and guide us through this journey.” They all chanted together. Their emerald amulets rose from their chests signalling they have the elements on their side. They all had their eyes closed and big smiles on their faces.

“Thank you elements we will call for you when we need it the most.” Felicity said as everyone blew out the candles. “Tonight we re-write the rules of the Pirmas!” She shouted before everyone left the circle for their feast. They all sat at the table stuffing their mouths before having to offer the spirits anything.

“I can’t believe the elements sided with us.” Miranda said. Everyone looked at her.

“And what do you indicate by that?” Felicity asked wiping her mouth with a white silk napkin.

“I mean don’t they usually take the side of the good? Like I thought we were the bad guys trying to overrule the Pirmas?” She did have a point but none of the other girls wanted to hear it.

“No! Nobody is worse than the Pirmas.” Felicity said anger rising in her voice. Her green eyes had rage in them.

“We are simply just trying to make the realms see evil from a different point of view.” Lisa said her voice calm. They all stopped eating and went back into the circle. Felicity lit the white candle again and said something in Latin.

“We offer these things to you.” Felicity kept repeating until a gust smoke and wind filled the air. On the floor next to the circle was a bag of blood and some herbs. A big gust of smoke went into the open mouth of Miranda. She looked up at everyone with black eyes.

“Can’t finish the spell with only four.” Miranda said with a deep voice. The not-Miranda grabbed a dagger from the table and stabbed her in the stomach. The spirit came out of Miranda’s dead body and disappeared. The spirits started floating around more impatiently and having no way to get back to their realm.

“The Pirmas!” Felicity growled. Kayla looked at the other girls with a worried expression.

“What are we going to do?” She asked. Nobody had an answer. It was quiet from the girls as the spirits whispered in their ears telling them they want to leave.

“Fine!” Fee shouted after a few minutes. She moved to Miranda’s body and pulled the dagger from her stomach. Her body was already cold. A tear formed in the corner of Felicity’s eye. She walked back to the circle and stepped on the bag of blood which made a pool of blood. The spirits went after it. She got back to her spot and picked up the candle. “Goodbye.” She said blowing out the candle. There was a rush of cold air for a minute then they were left in an empty basement. No spirits.

“What did you do?” Olivia asked with horror.

“You let them go.” Lisa said with barely a whisper.           

© Copyright 2013 roseangel1 (roseangel1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920135-The-night-of-Samhain