*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920344-Unicorn-Candyland
by Isha
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1920344
Isha wants to see it all................................
It was a hot summer day, and I was in my backyard lying down on the grass thinking how hot it was. I, Isha Pendem, was wearing a plain spaghetti strapped shirt and shorts, but it was still really hot.
My dog, Bolt, ran up to me and gave me the frisbee (he wants to play). I threw it a couple of times. When I threw it again, I aimed the wrong way and the frisbee flew into Mr. and Mrs.Finterswald’s backyard, our next door neighbors who moved to California with us from Boston. We’ve known each other for seven years.
I went to their door to get the frisbee with Bolt, and they let us in. We told them our frisbee flew into their backyard, and we wanted to get it back. Mr.Finterswald said we could go and get it. It was a shock to me! Mr.Finterswald says there is a secret in his backyard, and whenever I said I wanted to go there, he said it was not time. I asked if I could go there again.
“I told you sweetie, you can go there but, only on one condition. You cannot tell anyone,” he said calmly.
I agreed excitedly and went to the backyard door with Bolt. I carefully opened the door and stepped onto the first doorstep. I didn’t see anything so secretive. I only saw the open garage door. I stepped onto the grass and I almost fainted. The backyard was a candyland infested with unicorns and yellow sphere happy faces! They were alive!
They saw that a new person had arrived and they were excited. They gave taffy, tootsie rolls, gumballs, lollipops, and lots of other candy. They toured me around and I was calming down now and getting used to them.
“This place is 10x bigger than the real backyard!” I exclaimed.
I was really excited. We went to Candy Mountain, Twizzler Fields, Tootsie Roll Farm, and lots of other places. They were really cool!
After we went fishing in M&M and Skittle Pond, we hiked Candy Mountain and zipped down past delicious clumps of candy and we did so much more. There was also the leader of all of them who was the most adventurous was really kind and funny.
At the bottom of Candy Mountain, I found our frisbee and I said it is getting late and we have to go. We walked back to the door, said our byes and I opened the door and went inside. I thanked Mr. Finterswald and went to my house.
When I got home, I told my sister what happened. I don’t think she listened because she didn’t have much of a reaction.
I went back to the backyard and plopped myself onto the grass. I was really tired and so was Bolt. I closed my eyes and when I opened my eyes again, I was in a different place. Walls all green with a computer desk, a fluffy bed, and Bolt right next to me. I just woke up in time for school. I can’t wait to tell my friends about what happened in my dream!
© Copyright 2013 Isha (awesomestories at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920344-Unicorn-Candyland