*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920570-Happy-Happy--297-words
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1920570
Keeping it simple
I could see Prisca's lips moving as she rolled up to the park sliding both shoes along the pavement until she came out of her seat and stopped. "I can't believe I heard you right. Did you say you made it all the way from your house?" I signed.

Her neck was twice as long as one would expect but it was compensated by legs a good bit shorter than one would expect; thus leaving her about average height. For an albino, she was very athletic and outdoorsy and unafraid of what the doctors had told her.

"Nyeap, it took me wone ower an tweny free mminutes" said Prisca. Her hair-lip had given her a speech impediment that sounded even more odd with her shrill French accent. "Nhats halmose fifneen mowls an ower, oui? "

"Prisca, have I ever told you your squeaky little voice sounds like your rusty old bike, only worse? " I laughed as I signed again. With Prisca's ADD, signing to her could be a workout.

"Nyeah, I've been practicing sayin words."

"Nyou shou hewr me sing! "

I laughed again.

"You know what pretty Prisca? It's a good thing you can talk better than you can hear because you'd have a hard time signing with those prosthetic arms of yours."

"Ooh nyeah - I bhet I could doit bedder-an nyou - watch"

Her arms started flailing about with her metal pinchers clanging against one another until she worked up a sweat and was facing the other direction. "Where are hew?" Prisca sputtered.

"Turn around" I said laughing, again.

"Prisca, before we start your breathing treatments, tell me what makes you so different than everybody else in the world?"

"I dount know, mhaybe jus because hi'm always happy."

Yeah, I thought - I need to get a bike too.






© Copyright 2013 Burke Thorn (jimmy.b.long at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920570-Happy-Happy--297-words